The Walking Dead

deluca67

If you don't want to be spoiled, probably don't read through a thread about a TV show that you're not caught up on.

Again, I was caught up. Didn't know there was an episode last night as I work nights and just DVR shows. If I was multiple episodes behind of course it would be stupid to enter the thread.

Airing it immediately after a cliff hanger ending to an episode is the real sticking point here, I think. They went out of their way to build up a ton of question marks around Glenn's fate and then they aired this. I think it would have been fine on it's own if it had aired at a different moment where the tension of the series was near its peak.

The shows obviously couldn't be any more different, but it reminds me of South Park's april fools joke in between the old "who is Cartman's dad" episodes. Is there a new November Fools joke I'm not aware of?

This is the beginning and end of it for me. I actually loved the episode, and was always curious as to how Morgan morphed into a ninja badass. Great to see it. But the placement of the episode was just a WTF wave.

A good not great episode. It was a bit predictable that Eastman would die. A palette cleanser after the previous spicey episodes. Nice Easter egg tribute to Kevin Eastman, one of the creators of the Ninja Turtles, using his name and having Eastman wear a shirt with a turtle on it.

This should've been a spoiler tag. [bold]I opened the thread out of habit and saw it.[/bold] Knew within the first few minutes what you meant. Please, spoiler tags on anything related to new episodes. Once we're more than a few days to a week out whatever.

This is 100% your fault.

Spoilers are inside knowledge of content that has not yet aired (casting info, graphic novel insight, etc.). You forgot when it aired, you clicked on this thread, you got spoiled.

You think things should be in spoiler tags to protect you from yourself. Then what? Do we go back and unspoilertag them when your arbitrary time period has elapsed? Leave the thread unreadable because most of the posts are hidden in spoiler tags?

P.S. I'm replying to this so late because I'm just seeing this for the first time, as I didn't get caught up on the show until last night.

A good not great episode. It was a bit predictable that Eastman would die. A palette cleanser after the previous spicey episodes. Nice Easter egg tribute to Kevin Eastman, one of the creators of the Ninja Turtles, using his name and having Eastman wear a shirt with a turtle on it.

That's an understatement.  We know Morgan was out there on his own, so of course the guy had to die.  What was pathetic was the way it happened.  He's an expert with the stick and instead he body blocks the walker?  I don't know what they were thinking with that one.

That's an understatement.  We know Morgan was out there on his own, so of course the guy had to die.  What was pathetic was the way it happened.  He's an expert with the stick and instead he body blocks the walker?  I don't know what they were thinking with that one.

Didn't Morgan tell rick his mentor or friend or whatever "didn't make it" a few episodes back? It was more than predictable Eastman wouldn't make it as it was already laid out earlier in the season.

Airing it immediately after a cliff hanger ending to an episode is the real sticking point here, I think.  They went out of their way to build up a ton of question marks around Glenn's fate and then they aired this.  I think it would have been fine on it's own if it had aired at a different moment where the tension of the series was near its peak.

The shows obviously couldn't be any more different, but it reminds me of South Park's april fools joke in between the old "who is Cartman's dad" episodes.  Is there a new November Fools joke I'm not aware of?

And on another note, we have a thread dedicated to the discussion of a tv show, so posting about things that just aired on said tv show is completely fair game.  No one else here can be held accountable simply because someone didn't know the show was airing during it's usual weekly time slot.  I DVRed the Sabres game last night and guess which thread I didn't visit.

I disagree on the bold text above. This episode was about redirection, a metaphor so heavy they were figuratively beating you over the head with a bow-staff.

<spoiler> This is me testing how to use a spoiler tag <spoiler>

This is me re-testing the spoiler tags

Didn't Morgan tell rick his mentor or friend or whatever "didn't make it" a few episodes back? It was more than predictable Eastman wouldn't make it as it was already laid out earlier in the season.

Well we can always hope that Eastman will start to show up in the form of a force ghost.

Don't bother. And no, it was all flashbacks of how he got his Jedi skills. Complete waste of time.

Now that I've figured out how the spoilers work I can address this point. This episode was far from a complete waste of time. Yes, the pacing was a complete 180 from what we've seen so far this season and episodes like this help these shows stay within budget. In less practical terms production-wise, I think the show is starting to tip it's hand in what's coming up. Eastman talks about the the true evil man. He talks about all life being precious. I can't help see some parallels with some of the comics.

I'd not recommend reading this if you haven't read the comics: 

I believe that this episode is laying down the foundation or concept for Negan. The man is pure evil but in the comics Rick spares him instead of killing him. Over the course of this season I think Morgan's philosophy is going to rub off some on Mr. Grimes. Currently, there's zero chance Rick's character is sparing ANYBODY remotely bad at this point. We're going to see some character development with him this season. I also think Glenn is still alive, and that Morgan will take his "place" when the group first encounters Negan and Lucille.

Well we can always hope that Eastman will start to show up in the form of a force ghost.

Kinda like this?

https://i.imgur.com/QHbMPOs.jpg

*found from the internet

4. Enid apparently going free range amidst all this, alive? dead? Wolf informant?

This is a popular one out there, but it still makes no sense to me.  The whole thing was made to look like they found out about the place because of Aaron's pictures.  If she's a spy, that part was pointless.

Edit:  Now, could she be a part of another group?  There could be something to that.

Edited by shrader

Looked like it was bleeding and/or cracking to me.  I figured it was only a matter of time with that many walkers pounding on it constantly.  Seems like the town's citizens should have been more worried about it, but it certainly looks like they're going to have to worry about it very soon.  

They should have been killing walkers through the gate or something (with knives) to lower their numbers.  it seems quite obvious that they aren't going away, and the townspeople are not trying to be quiet or invisible, like they said they were going to do, so they should be working to get rid of them somehow.

Looked like it was bleeding and/or cracking to me.  I figured it was only a matter of time with that many walkers pounding on it constantly.  Seems like the town's citizens should have been more worried about it, but it certainly looks like they're going to have to worry about it very soon.  

They should have been killing walkers through the gate or something (with knives) to lower their numbers.  it seems quite obvious that they aren't going away, and the townspeople are not trying to be quiet or invisible, like they said they were going to do, so they should be working to get rid of them somehow.

That gate should actually be the first spot that breaks.  All that pressure would probably pop the hinges/track pretty quickly.  If nothing else, that pressure would also cause the walkers to be torn through the thick gap between bars.  So maybe it wouldn't break it down, but they would have one hell of a messy pile up at the gate.

That gate should actually be the first spot that breaks.  All that pressure would probably pop the hinges/track pretty quickly.  If nothing else, that pressure would also cause the walkers to be torn through the thick gap between bars.  So maybe it wouldn't break it down, but they would have one hell of a messy pile up at the gate.

Well it would ideally be a dead pile up rather than the live pile up they're dealing with now.  If, as it appears, that many walkers are going to get into the town, Alexandria is no more, and there will likely be many casualties.  Although, not the main characters, as we've come to be accustomed to  :P

Oh, and I'm still predicting that Glenn is definitely alive.  The way they are proceeding with that story line gives me less and less doubt about that.

They should be lighting houses external to the building on fire. If they can get out there somehow, light one up, it'll attract a BUNCH away from the fence. You're trying to kill time until the cavalry returns, get as much pressure off the walls as possible.

On a side note, my wife suggested throwing dead bodies over the wall to distract them. She's a little more morbid than I am.

Edited by sabills

I'm thinking the bleeding wall is a metaphor for a dying Alexandria. That place is hanging by a thread and I think it'll fall and anyone that survives will form another group that will move on to the next storyline. The creators will probably stretch that out along with the Glenn substory till the end of this season.

They should be lighting houses external to the building on fire. If they can get out there somehow, light one up, it'll attract a BUNCH away from the fence. You're trying to kill time until the cavalry returns, get as much pressure off the walls as possible.

On a side note, my wife suggested throwing dead bodies over the wall to distract them. She's a little more morbid than I am.

The fire idea is a good one.  Maybe it would burn some of them up too?  

Oddly, my wife suggested the same thing regarding the dead bodies.  I am against it because I think it may provoke the zombies even more.  Don't feed the wildlife, as a comparison.

I'm thinking the bleeding wall is a metaphor for a dying Alexandria. That place is hanging by a thread and I think it'll fall and anyone that survives will form another group that will move on to the next storyline. The creators will probably stretch that out along with the Glenn substory till the end of this season.

I unfortunately think you're right.  I think whoever survives will be on the road again.  They're going to drag the Glenn story line out for awhile.  Maybe he shows back up at an opportune time and saves the refugees as they flee Alexandria?

I think tossing the dead over the walls might be a 10 minute distraction. As far as burning the exterior buildings. In theory it sounds good but what happens I think all the zombies would catch fire risking the security of the wall.

It's quite possible that all the options suck, but they should be taking the least sucky option and implementing it instead of just waiting for the inevitable jail break.  I guess being sitting ducks is the least sucky option in their minds?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.