Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

About $450,000 to sign him. Hello DR?

Looks like NJD will sign him. Wait 7 days, and release him. If Nabby re-hits waivers, Detroit (original team who signed him) gets first priority. Not sure whats in it for NJD but we'll find out later on, prolly draft time, but Nabby will be a Red Wing within 8 days.

Looks like NJD will sign him. Wait 7 days, and release him. If Nabby re-hits waivers, Detroit (original team who signed him) gets first priority. Not sure whats in it for NJD but we'll find out later on, prolly draft time, but Nabby will be a Red Wing within 8 days.

If true, that's a pretty smart move by Holland. Then again, from now on, the worst team in the league is always going to know they can hold any team hostage in a situation like this.

If he doesn't show, the Islanders can suspend him. This would make him ineligible to play this year in the NHL.

if they don't suspend him, but put him on waivers, he can't play in the AHL because it's after the "new signing Dec 15th deadline". He could get picked up by some other NHL team.

If he doesn't show, the Islanders can suspend him. This would make him ineligible to play this year in the NHL.

if they don't suspend him, but put him on waivers, he can't play in the AHL because it's after the "new signing Dec 15th deadline". He could get picked up by some other NHL team.

Can they trade him to the Wings?

He has a NMC, so he can't be sent down without his permission, and as with any player he'd have to clear waivers.

Also, regarding a trade:

In order to trade Nabokov, here is what would have to happen (put on your thinking cap, because this is going to get complicated):

The Islanders would inform the league they intend to trade Nabokov. Before any trade could be executed, though, the NHL would go to any other club(s) that put in an original waiver claim (besides the Isles) and ask whether those teams have interest in acquiring Nabokov for the $3,375 waiver price. If an original claimant wants Nabokov, they get him. If more than one original claimant wants him, the team lowest in the standings on the day he was put on waivers gets the player. Nabokov never actually gets put on waivers a second time in this scenario.

So in that case the Isles cannot execute the trade. Original waivers claimants take precedence over the Islanders' desire to trade him.

If the Isles were the only team that put in a claim, the Isles still are not free to trade Nabokov. Not yet.

That's because as a player who played in Europe after the NHL season began, Nabokov must clear waivers any time he is being traded or assigned.

In that case, any of the 29 teams, including Detroit, can put in a claim on Nabokov. If more than one team puts in a claim, the team lowest in the standings gets him. In this actual (second) waiver scenario, there is no priority given to a team that originally claimed Nabokov the first time he was on waivers.

What would seem obvious is that were Nabokov to be put on waivers a second time, Detroit would most certainly put in a claim. So the odds of Nabokov ever clearing waivers for the purposes of being traded by the Isles would appear to be virtually non-existent.

If all that isn't confusing enough, keep in mind Nabokov has a no movement clause. He can't be put on waivers or traded without his permission.

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=350647

This is an aggressive type move I would have liked to see the Sabres make if given the chance.

Did you ever think the fact Regier won't make an aggressive move, ever, is one reason the rest of the league "respects" him so much? If I'm Terry Pegula, I want my GM to be disrespected, hated, envied and made a pariah of.

If NBC is trying to further the popularity of the NHL (and I'm sure they are because they will soon be taking over Versus), then WTF are they doing putting Mike Milbury on their intermission show? Not only does he look like Fred Flintstone, but I think he's actually more of a caveman than him.

If NBC is trying to further the popularity of the NHL (and I'm sure they are because they will soon be taking over Versus), then WTF are they doing putting Mike Milbury on their intermission show? Not only does he look like Fred Flintstone, but I think he's actually more of a caveman than him.

Cavemen the world over are insulted. Milbury is a characiture of Don Cherry and Don Cherry is an assclown. Milbury looks sad and pathetic on that intermission show. His personality needs to be put to pasture before more potential fans are turned away by his absurdity.

Archived