Around the NHL 2010-2011

spndnchz

Dude must not be a real "locker room" guy. His 4th team is 3 years. I've always liked his game, although not really living up to where he was drafted.

Dammit, I wanted Eager a couple of years ago, much less this past offseason. I agree that a 1st round pick turned out to be high for him, but as you say, I've always liked his game.

I don't understand the logic of the waiver system some times. If I'm not mistaken, the lowest team in the standing that submits a claim gets the players, right? So, in theory, why wouldn't the Blues have the right to put in a claim at their current level, which would be below the Sharks. I guess what I'm asking is what's the logic of allowing a team that is higher in the standings to claim a player coming through waivers? Below, I could understand, but above?

Only on the way down if it's more than one team trying to claim them. It's actually highest percentage of points earned, not actual points.

On re-entry every club can put in an offer but the points come into play only if there is more than one team (besides team re-entering ? player)

I don't understand the logic of the waiver system some times. If I'm not mistaken, the lowest team in the standing that submits a claim gets the players, right? So, in theory, why wouldn't the Blues have the right to put in a claim at their current level, which would be below the Sharks. I guess what I'm asking is what's the logic of allowing a team that is higher in the standings to claim a player coming through waivers? Below, I could understand, but above?

If you want to make a move like this, you have to make the player available to everyone else first. I see where you're coming from, but I'd say that there need to be risks associated with moves like this and those risks have to be the same for everyone.

Kyle Wellwood claimed by San Jose on re-entry waivers.

He signed with the Blues but had to go through waivers on the way back up. Second time this season the Blues lose a guy to re-entry waivers.

Wellwood could have been a cheap, half way decent center on this team at 650k.

So on the same day, Sharks get a real tough guy with no hands and one of the softest guys with great hands..... are they hoping to combine Eager and Wellwood together?

Kyle Wellwood claimed by San Jose on re-entry waivers.

He signed with the Blues but had to go through waivers on the way back up. Second time this season the Blues lose a guy to re-entry waivers.

Wellwood could have been a cheap, half way decent center on this team at 650k.

yeah this guy had some skill, but isnt he the kind of guy that everyone complains about? very skilled but soft doesnt hit anyone not very tough.

I don't know, but I'd be the first to purchase an Eagerwood jersey. Well, maybe 3rd behind Ink and Korab.

If Eagerwood is the real tough guy with great hands, then Well would be the soft guy with no hands. I'm still not sure that I'd put him behind Ink and Korab, though. ;)

I don't know, but I'd be the first to purchase an Eagerwood jersey. Well, maybe 3rd behind Ink and Korab.

I am partial to my Peter North Jersey - see the pic below - enlarge the picture for detail

If Eagerwood is the real tough guy with great hands, then Well would be the soft guy with no hands. I'm still not sure that I'd put him behind Ink and Korab, though. ;)

There's a joke about soft hands and reach arounds in here somewhere, but I'm not down with dudes.

Did anyone realize the Coyotes were playing?

They still have a team?

post-1934-084540900 1295454190_thumb.jpg

Archived