Tim Kennedy

\GoBillsInDallas/

All of these are legitimate viewpoints. However, I still think Kennedy is better than both Paille and Mac and in fact I will predict that Kennedy outscores both of them this year (and Kaleta as well, although scoring isn't as important to Kaleta's game -- although I think Kaleta has more offensive game that you give him credit for). We shall see.

Doesn't look like Kennedy will get the chance to outscore either Paille or Mac. Even if he spent the whole year in the NHL, I don't think he outscores Mac. Mac is soft, and a floater, but he knows how to get in a scoring position at just the right time and knows what to do when the puck is on his stick.

Tortorella on Kennedy "As far as his camp went, it faded a little bit at the end, but he has some good talent and he’s a good kid," Tortorella said of Kennedy today. "I thought he did some good things with us, as camp went on."

Seems they don't want him to go to the farm, just want to make sure they have space for someone who may be better being offered up on waivers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/2010/10/source-kennedy-white-on-waiver.html

Tortorella on Kennedy "As far as his camp went, it faded a little bit at the end, but he has some good talent and he’s a good kid," Tortorella said of Kennedy today. "I thought he did some good things with us, as camp went on."

Seems they don't want him to go to the farm, just want to make sure they have space for someone who may be better being offered up on waivers.

http://www.nydailyne...-on-waiver.html

Good to see Torts admit he doesn't understand waivers. I wish every fan would admit the same.

The Sabres still have no space for Kennedy on their NHL lineup. But if the Rangers ever did send him down and then tried to bring him up Darcy better try to pick him up off waivers at half price. By that time the Sabres should have some injuries and space.

Not sure why, dude went from his childhood dream to hockey hell in a matter of months.

I'm still not sold he won't be playing in the NHL sooner rather than later. He's got the talent.

Dude has been waived twice this summer. Once at $1M, once at league minimum. Something tells me he's going to end up a fringe guy in a hurry.

I really think he's been severely overrated.

You'd think folks would wait until this shakes out to jump the shark -- again.

Anyway, this story has nothing to do with Kennedy being overrated, or considered a star or anything like that. It's not about Kennedy being a Buffalo boy either.

It's still about a franchise that says it likes to develop young players, developed this good young player, then bought him out (which it said it doesn't do, for obvious reasons) under no pressure from the salary cap, or even roster pressure. That resource is now sitting in NYC, or wherever it ends up, doesn't really matter, and the Sabres are still paying for it. It's incomprehensible.

It's about ownership drawing the line at one million dollars. OSP started off with sh*t and became a millionaire before he became a billionaire, and being a millionaire still means something to him. I think the one million mark was the tipping point for him. There was also clearly a desire to set a footprint here as to what will happen to good young players in the future who want to take the Sabres to arbitration or want their payday when the times comes. Look out you Tylers.

It's about ownership cutting off its GM at the knees after he came out and said he would work with the award, giving every indication to the fans Kennedy would be kept.

Y'all can scoff at that, but sometimes you just need to believe the most plausible explanation when all the facts are put in front of you.

Sabres are still carrying 23 players, by the way. Another canard that just flew the coop.

Anyway, this story has nothing to do with Kennedy being overrated, or considered a star or anything like that. It's not about Kennedy being a Buffalo boy either.

It's still about a franchise that says it likes to develop young players, developed this good young player, then bought him out (which it said it doesn't do, for obvious reasons) under no pressure from the salary cap, or even roster pressure. That resource is now sitting in NYC, or wherever it ends up, doesn't really matter, and the Sabres are still paying for it. It's incomprehensible.

It's about ownership drawing the line at one million dollars. OSP started off with sh*t and became a millionaire before he became a billionaire, and being a millionaire still means something to him. I think the one million mark was the tipping point for him. There was also clearly a desire to set a footprint here as to what will happen to good young players in the future who want to take the Sabres to arbitration or want their payday when the times comes. Look out you Tylers.

It's about ownership cutting off its GM at the knees after he came out and said he would work with the award, giving every indication to the fans Kennedy would be kept.

Y'all can scoff at that, but sometimes you just need to believe the most plausible explanation when all the facts are put in front of you.

Sabres are still carrying 23 players, by the way. Another canard that just flew the coop.

Its incomprehensible the sabres cut a player at $1million that another team cut at league minimum?? Yea the sabres really screw over the guys they develop..... see Miller, Vanek, Pommers,

I mean cmon, stop being a negative nancy all the time.

Its incomprehensible the sabres cut a player at $1million that another team cut at league minimum?? Yea the sabres really screw over the guys they develop..... see Miller, Vanek, Pommers,

I mean cmon, stop being a negative nancy all the time.

If the Rangers cut Kennedy, how will you explain it if he's in their lineup on opening night?

I think if OSP could go back in time, he'd screw over Vanek and Pominville too.

As for the final line, come on, think for yourself. Come up with a more original putdown.

If the Rangers cut Kennedy, how will you explain it if he's in their lineup on opening night?

I think if OSP could go back in time, he'd screw over Vanek and Pominville too.

As for the final line, come on, think for yourself. Come up with a more original putdown.

Im not trying to put you down, but your post doesnt make sense. i dont need to explain it if he on their roster on opening night, he was cut, meaning the Rags didnt care too much to expose him to being taken by another team. BTW no team wanted kennedy on waivers.

im not sure who OSP is, but the sabres reward players, they arent cheap (you can question how they spend not if) and Kennedy simply didnt fit into their roster at $1 million. Apparently he didnt fit into any clubs plans at more than league minimum.

So you can continue on your tirade or look at the facts. Timmy is borderline NHL right now.

Im not trying to put you down, but your post doesnt make sense. i dont need to explain it if he on their roster on opening night, he was cut, meaning the Rags didnt care too much to expose him to being taken by another team. BTW no team wanted kennedy on waivers.

im not sure who OSP is, but the sabres reward players, they arent cheap (you can question how they spend not if) and Kennedy simply didnt fit into their roster at $1 million. Apparently he didnt fit into any clubs plans at more than league minimum.

So you can continue on your tirade or look at the facts. Timmy is borderline NHL right now.

Sorry PA, as much as I always love reading you bit#$ing about the Sabres management, I've got to agree with Patty on this one. The Sabres arn't at the cap max this year but they're not that far off and arn't near the floor that's for sure. Complain that they don't spend their money wisely fine, but they do spend it.

I agree that it's premature to write off Kennedy at this point. I still expect him to be playing for the Rangers this year.

However, you are sticking to this "they lied to us about buyouts" theme to an irrational degree. A $333K buyout is materially different from, say, an $8MM or $9MM buyout (which is what would be involved if they wanted to buy out someone like Pommer).

You have also graced us with more silly dime-store psychoanalysis on OSP and his $1MM tipping point.

How is letting Kennedy go "incomprehensible?" They decided he wasn't worth keeping and got rid of him. They've done the same with plenty of other young players -- MacArthur, Paille, Bernier, etc.

And after accusing everyone of premature conclusions, you've done the same by stating that the 23-man roster canard has flown the coop. Friday will be the day to make that assertion. Frankly, even if they do keep 23, it will be because Gerbe played his way onto the roster in preseason. Dumping Kennedy gave them the flexibility to enable that to happen. I'd guess they thought Gerbe doing so was a possibility and weren't interested in allowing Kennedy to take away that flexibility.

As for cutting DR off at the knees -- what ownership actually did was increase the budget and come up with $2.1MM per year for Morrisonn.

I think this isn't "about" anything other than more paranoid, hysterical conspiracy-mongering.

One Sabres Plaza.

Archived