Tim Kennedy

\GoBillsInDallas/

With quotes like this about Ennis:

“I’m telling you, I think he can be a special player,” Ruff said.

“I think he understands. He’s gotten stronger in the offseason. He’s put on some weight. He’s a fearless kid we’re looking for creativity out of. We want him to operate the way he operated. We got to give him the space to make plays he needs to make.

“Being that creative, he’s going to make some mistakes for us,” he said. “But I liked what I saw in the (prospects) camp in July, and I like where he’s at on a fitness level and how hard he’s worked in the offseason."

There little doubt he makes it over Gerbe or Adam.

Carp, I get ur point. Really looking for our next Briere in Ennis.

Let's remember the creativity comment the first time Lindy -- probably before the calendar turns to November -- talks about how he wants the forwards to crash the net, get dirty. gritty, grimy, sandpapery, greasy and stinky, throw pucks on the net, and score ugly goals. Maybe he can put Ennis in a kangaroo-like pouch around Vanek's waist and position them both atop the crease on the power play.

Let's remember the creativity comment the first time Lindy -- probably before the calendar turns to November -- talks about how he wants the forwards to crash the net, get dirty. gritty, grimy, sandpapery, greasy and stinky, throw pucks on the net, and score ugly goals. Maybe he can put Ennis in a kangaroo-like pouch around Vanek's waist and position them both atop the crease on the power play.

Now you don't like Ennis?

Clearly the front office decision was a full time one way Kennedy or a two way Ennis. I'll take a two way Ennis for 875k instead of a one way Kennedy for a million any day. You people out there wanting to hang DR for keeping Connolly because his Dad is LQ's friend can eat those words. DR was willing to take the heat from the media and fans by dumping a Buffalo kid because it was the right decision to make. A GM decision. Sure the other were involved in it but these are the tough decisions a GM needs to make. Hopefully he makes more.

Darcy's decision was made. He accepted the award and said he would work with it. Buying out Kennedy was on no one's radar, let alone Darcy's. I ask again. What changed so quickly after that?

Now you don't like Ennis?

I didn't say that.

But I'm not about to take the bait Lindy is putting out in an attempt to justify the scandalous and near-criminal handling of the Kennedy situation.

The next Danny Briere? Uh huh.

Darcy had it right the first time. Go work hard kid -- you'll be in a fight for a roster spot. Nothing will be handed to you.

I didn't say that.

But I'm not about to take the bait Lindy is putting out in an attempt to justify the scandalous and near-criminal handling of the Kennedy situation.

The next Danny Briere? Uh huh.

Darcy had it right the first time. Go work hard kid -- you'll be in a fight for a roster spot. Nothing will be handed to you.

But isn't the bolded part what they wanted Kennedy to do too? And didn't he effectively refuse to do so?

Also, "scandalous and near-criminal" seems a bit overstated.

Also, do you think Kennedy will have a better season than Ennis this year?

Darcy's decision was made. He accepted the award and said he would work with it. Buying out Kennedy was on no one's radar, let alone Darcy's. I ask again. What changed so quickly after that?

Did you ever consider that maybe they didn't realize they could buy him out? Its really a strange rule. I had no idea it was even an option until it happened. Maybe they hadn't had their meeting yet to determine what they wanted to do. You give all the weight in the world to one comment, and none to all the others. I guess it gives you something to talk about.

I didn't say that.

Wow - exaggerate much? Care to elaborate on what part of the decision was scandalous and near criminal?

I predict that after a month of watching Ennis in the top six and having a real man like Nieds actually win a few draws and puck battles on the 3rd line, Kennedy will be forgotten. Other than the obligatory three point game he will put up against the Sabres, of course.

Or perhaps it was his plan all along. Darcy is a lot of things but careless isnt one of them. He knew there was the option, he gave you some one liners "we'll work with it" .....well he did by cutting him loose. Also you realize they tried to trade kennedy first right? I fail to see how it was near criminal?

Or perhaps it was his plan all along. Darcy is a lot of things but careless isnt one of them. He knew there was the option, he gave you some one liners "we'll work with it" .....well he did by cutting him loose. Also you realize they tried to trade kennedy first right? I fail to see how it was near criminal?

Good point - might have hampered trade efforts if the first words out of DR's mouth were "This is bull$hit - if we can't trade him we are going to buy his a$$ out!

But isn't the bolded part what they wanted Kennedy to do too? And didn't he effectively refuse to do so?

Also, "scandalous and near-criminal" seems a bit overstated.

Also, do you think Kennedy will have a better season than Ennis this year?

I don't see how Kennedy refused to do any of that. Kennedy's a couple of years down the road from Ennis. He worked hard for that spot, it was his and anyone who thought after last season Kennedy was slotted to be sent down to Portland this season is fibbing.

Quinn could hang in the Hague for what he did. How's that?

Dangerous game making predictions like this. Who the hell knows? Are we talking about who will have a better NHL season? Will Ennis play a whole season in Buffalo? The safe money would be on Ennis I guess. I'll go with Kennedy.

By the way, I HEART ENNIS. I really like what I saw from him. Sabre fans just tend to get a little carried away, too soon.

I don't see how Kennedy refused to do any of that. Kennedy's a couple of years down the road from Ennis. He worked hard for that spot, it was his and anyone who thought after last season Kennedy was slotted to be sent down to Portland this season is fibbing.

Dangerous game making predictions like this. Who the hell knows? Are we talking about who will have a better NHL season? Will Ennis play a whole season in Buffalo? The safe money would be on Ennis I guess. I'll go with Kennedy.

By the way, I HEART ENNIS. I really like what I saw from him. Sabre fans just tend to get a little carried away, too soon.

Fibbing? Why did they push for a two way contract then? Bc they expected Ennis would push hard for his spot and they had sign the less talented Neids. He was going to play in portland at some point.

So of us get carried away with the bashing, others with enjoying the possibilities of greatness. I prefer the latter.

You are too smart of a poster to believe your own BS. I understand the rah-rah aspect, and I understand the Joe 6-pack denial aspect. You are usually in camp #1 which I can respect because you are a fan and know what you are talking about. Today however......

What happened over the past few days that has you so frazzled?

You are too smart of a poster to believe your own BS. I understand the rah-rah aspect, and I understand the Joe 6-pack denial aspect. You are usually in camp #1 which I can respect because you are a fan and know what you are talking about. Today however......

What happened over the past few days that has you so frazzled?

The season starts soon. Those first 10 games playing in my head already. The ride on the train. The walk into a crowd of hungry spectators. A "new" logo. The sound of that first goal horn. Not frazzled.

Fear cannot survive without a mirror of itself in its victim. Thought manifests reality. Creative thought can change everything. It is not our purpose to mimic, but to design.

The season starts soon. Those first 10 games playing in my head already. The ride on the train. The walk into a crowd of hungry spectators. A "new" logo. The sound of that first goal horn. Not frazzled.

Fear cannot survive without a mirror of itself in its victim. Thought manifests reality. Creative thought can change everything. It is not our purpose to mimic, but to design.

Well....at least I'm happy to see that free mental health rider Canada's insurance program throws in is benefiting one of our own.

Denial is but the eggshell which encompasses fear.....yet the saucepan of cynicism brought to a slow boil in time will accomplish the objective while leaving your pride seemingly intact.

I hope you enjoy salt.

Good call.

Kennedy had 1 more year in the Sabres organization than Ennis. He refused to take a 2-way deal, knowing full well that having the flexibility to send him down was important to the Sabres. While he did work hard for a spot, it wasn't "his" any more than Matt Ellis' spot was.

Of course predictions are tricky. But that's what DR's decision in this and many other matters is based on. If you're going to call him a criminal because of this decision, presumably that means you disagree with his prediction.

As for getting carried away -- I assume you are being self-deprecating?

So of us get carried away with the bashing, others with enjoying the possibilities of greatness. I prefer the latter.

Very nice.

Where's Hank when you need him?

Has enough time gone by that we can joke about this? I wasn't sure.

Well....at least I'm happy to see that free mental health rider Canada's insurance program throws in is benefiting one of our own.

Denial is but the eggshell which encompasses fear.....yet the saucepan of cynicism brought to a slow boil in time will accomplish the objective while leaving your pride seemingly intact.

I hope you enjoy salt.

Compassion counteracts the efforts of fear, removes the mirror, and makes you impenetrable to negativity. Without negativity, without the implant of fear in the collective mind, enemies become allies and communication overpowers conflict. When we live this truth, the threat of fear dissolves in the light of love.

Let me worry about my pride, you go get your own.

Compassion counteracts the efforts of fear, removes the mirror, and makes you impenetrable to negativity. Without negativity, without the implant of fear in the collective mind, enemies become allies and communication overpowers conflict. When we live this truth, the threat of fear dissolves in the light of love.

Let me worry about my pride, you go get your own.

He will, if you go get your own quotes. :)

I predict that after a month of watching Ennis in the top six and having a real man like Nieds actually win a few draws and puck battles on the 3rd line, Kennedy will be forgotten. Other than the obligatory three point game he will put up against the Sabres, of course.

Except when we are complaining about having Stafford or Connolly still on the team. :)

Meanwhile, back at West Valley...

I think the context of Regier's "work with it" quote is important.

"For us, [the award] was a little higher than we expected certainly but we'll work with it," Regier said. "Tim is a player we think can improve. We expect him to improve and we'll work with him in that regard. We worked off what we thought he would get in arbitration as did they and that really is the process."

"You expect growth," he said. "As a rookie, he had a good start and we now look for him to take the next step. He had a 26-point season. Anything from a 35-45 point season would be considered very good."

We expect him to improve... somewhere else?

We'll work with him... to send him out of town?

You expect growth... in Manhattan?

We look for him to take next step... out the door?

45 points would be considered good... on Broadway?

Darcy's been broadsided lots of times in Buffalo. IMHO this was just another T-bone. He had to be as shocked and dismayed as I was by the obscenity, the vile violation of decency that was sent down.

Archived