Tim Kennedy

\GoBillsInDallas/

Meanwhile, back at West Valley...

I think the context of Regier's "work with it" quote is important.

"For us, [the award] was a little higher than we expected certainly but we'll work with it," Regier said. "Tim is a player we think can improve. We expect him to improve and we'll work with him in that regard. We worked off what we thought he would get in arbitration as did they and that really is the process."

"You expect growth," he said. "As a rookie, he had a good start and we now look for him to take the next step. He had a 26-point season. Anything from a 35-45 point season would be considered very good."

We expect him to improve... somewhere else?

We'll work with him... to send him out of town?

You expect growth... in Manhattan?

We look for him to take next step... out the door?

45 points would be considered good... on Broadway?

Darcy's been broadsided lots of times in Buffalo. IMHO this was just another T-bone. He had to be as shocked and dismayed as I was by the obscenity, the vile violation of decency that was sent down.

To finish the conversation...

"Hey Darcy, you know you can buy him out right?"

Darcy: "Sweet, problem solved"

The season starts soon. Those first 10 games playing in my head already. The ride on the train. The walk into a crowd of hungry spectators. A "new" logo. The sound of that first goal horn. Not frazzled.

Fear cannot survive without a mirror of itself in its victim. Thought manifests reality. Creative thought can change everything. It is not our purpose to mimic, but to design.

Spread your arms wide and welcome ABUNDANCE. The future holds vast possibilities for those who choose joy!

Well....at least I'm happy to see that free mental health rider Canada's insurance program throws in is benefiting one of our own.

Denial is but the eggshell which encompasses fear.....yet the saucepan of cynicism brought to a slow boil in time will accomplish the objective while leaving your pride seemingly intact.

I hope you enjoy salt.

Compassion counteracts the efforts of fear, removes the mirror, and makes you impenetrable to negativity. Without negativity, without the implant of fear in the collective mind, enemies become allies and communication overpowers conflict. When we live this truth, the threat of fear dissolves in the light of love.

Let me worry about my pride, you go get your own.

If there was ever a major deserving of a B.S. degree, isn't it philosophy?

Compassion counteracts the efforts of fear, removes the mirror, and makes you impenetrable to negativity. Without negativity, without the implant of fear in the collective mind, enemies become allies and communication overpowers conflict. When we live this truth, the threat of fear dissolves in the light of love.

Let me worry about my pride, you go get your own.

What is the more compassionate act.......to make one aware of fraud, frivolity, and removing the veil of sedative loyalty no matter how painful in the short term it may be, or to defend a corrupt system that preys on those who actually have the ability to confront their own fear and make the changes they so claim to desire?

What? too heavy?

nah. my blink was more an "apropos of nothing" blink.

This is a message board; not a term paper for a post graduate degree class. Let's get back to one syllable words shall we?

nice.

Spread your arms wide and welcome ABUNDANCE.

i'm all for that.

love that man -- trip to the moon on gossamer wings, yo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtPXJJE4hLM

Goes to show you how controversial this decision was in fandom. This thread has been going ever since it happened.

Very entertaining read today..

I agree, only,.. boners has two syllables.

Almost forget, is someone reading Atlas Shrugged?

• 3 weeks later...

Over on the BufNews chat:

"I'll agree with your assessment that arbitration is crazy at times. You're point about MacArthur is valid. He wasn't worth that much money. As for Kennedy, why would anyone pay him $1 million when he could be signed for less? That's why he wasn't picked up on waivers. Teams had him pass through waivers, then tried signing him for much less. He signed for $500,000 with the Rangers and turned down more money to stay in the East. We'll see about Gerbe. Clearly, the Sabres didn't think he was better because they kept Kennedy and sent Gerbe to the AHL last season. As for South Buffalo, it doesn't matter to me if he's from there or South Korea. It was mishandled, in my opinion, based on everything the organization claimed when it came to development and buyouts."

So what team in the East was going to pay him more?

"I'll agree with your assessment that arbitration is crazy at times. You're point about MacArthur is valid. He wasn't worth that much money. As for Kennedy, why would anyone pay him $1 million when he could be signed for less? That's why he wasn't picked up on waivers. Teams had him pass through waivers, then tried signing him for much less. He signed for $500,000 with the Rangers and turned down more money to stay in the East. We'll see about Gerbe. Clearly, the Sabres didn't think he was better because they kept Kennedy and sent Gerbe to the AHL last season. As for South Buffalo, it doesn't matter to me if he's from there or South Korea. It was mishandled, in my opinion, based on everything the organization claimed when it came to development and buyouts."

Bucky's saying he took less to stay in the east, so it would have been a team out west that was paying more. I don't put much stock into that comment though. It seems like Bucky always kicks into a strong defense mode when it comes to any Buffalo kid (especially South Buffalo). He's biased here.

Oh, and wouldn't it be hilarious if the Rangers tried to send him to Hartford and Buffalo claimed him off waivers?

Wouldn't it have been a team from the west?

I don't know why Bucky would say the situation was mishandled. It was handled perfectly -- exactly the way ownership wanted it handled.

Archived