Tim Kennedy

\GoBillsInDallas/

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20100822/GW03/8220633

'"I've talked to about five or six teams, and I'm looking at what might be the right fit and not just the money,'' he said. "I just want the opportunity to come in and play a lot and make an impact.'''

Translation:

"Holy s**t, no one's coming even f*****g close to offering me $1,000,000 per season."

You can bet he's hoping to catch with a divisional rival so he can be part of a team that potentially screws Regier and co. out of a playoff spot or better yet ousts them out of the playoffs. Thats a huge motivator for this guy right now. I'm thinking that the bitterness is like stomach acid burning his throat and he just can't get rid of that taste.

You can bet he's hoping to catch with a divisional rival so he can be part of a team that potentially screws Regier and co. out of a playoff spot or better yet ousts them out of the playoffs. Thats a huge motivator for this guy right now. I'm thinking that the bitterness is like stomach acid burning his throat and he just can't get rid of that taste.

That's a bunch of BS. You can bet that he's hoping to catch on with the team that will give him the most money. That's the only motivation right now.

Shrader, if everyones opinion was bull$hit you'd be knee deep in it. I believe Kennedy will be motivated by being cut loose by the sabres and he'll channel that energy into improving and just maybe rubbing the sabres face with it at some point in the future. So what. Maybe I'm wrong but he wouldn't be the first to use a situation like this as motivation. You don't have to agree but it isn't b.s. Just my opinion.

Shrader, if everyones opinion was bull$hit you'd be knee deep in it. I believe Kennedy will be motivated by being cut loose by the sabres and he'll channel that energy into improving and just maybe rubbing the sabres face with it at some point in the future. So what. Maybe I'm wrong but he wouldn't be the first to use a situation like this as motivation. You don't have to agree but it isn't b.s. Just my opinion.

He made a money grab then it blew up in his face. He'll make another one soon enough.

My opinion would be that he's spent the last few weeks playing the "what if" game in his head. He had his dream job starting for the team that he grew up watching. He was probably talked into arbitration because his agent was afraid of him going back to AHL salary with a two-way deal, should he be demoted. He probably thought several times that he should take the deal prior to arbitration. He didn't and just like that, he had lost that dream job. I'm not saying that it was his fault - it wasn't really anyone fault, except the arbitrator for not giving him $1 less, which would have eliminated their buyout rights - but I just imagine that he's thought a lot about what he could have done differently. He's probably angry with DR, but first and foremost, he's probably concerned with securing a roster spot with an NHL team, right now. Money would probably be more of a motivator than revenge, but for a small money difference, he'd probably be selective about location (for more than just revenge; e.g., geographic, team strength, etc.)

Heard you the first time, but still have no idea WTF you are talking about.

Doc Emrick, man! You know, the guy who uses "DRIIIIIIIIVE" instead of "shot." Perhaps more prominently known as the worst hockey announcer ever. The last thing I wanted to hear this morning when I rolled out of bed in limbo between being still drunk and hungover was his voice, but the only thing interesting on TV was a lacrosse game... low and behold, Doc Emrick was doing the commentating! And as expected, it was awful!

Doc Emrick, man! You know, the guy who uses "DRIIIIIIIIVE" instead of "shot." Perhaps more prominently known as the worst hockey announcer ever. The last thing I wanted to hear this morning when I rolled out of bed in limbo between being still drunk and hungover was his voice, but the only thing interesting on TV was a lacrosse game... low and behold, Doc Emrick was doing the commentating! And as expected, it was awful!

Rick Jeanneret once did a ladies badminton tournament. HOLY MACKEREL, SHE WAS ALL OVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRR THAT SHUTTLECCCCCCCCCCOCK!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about Mike, but I can't call him the worst. He's actually pretty brilliant. But just like Joe Beninatti (not going to bother googling it, sorry), a lot of times, it's just too much, you know. Thank God there are still guys like Rick who understand that someone is watching on TV and knows the puck was just flung around the near side half wall, the disc riding the ledge of the window.

As long as Jack Edwards and Craig Laughlin are still collecting paychecks, he's not even close to the worst one today, much less ever.

I know who Doc Emrick is, but couldn't figure out where the lacrosse part came from. So, pretty much just a random thought dropped on a random thread ... twice?

Rick Jeanneret once did a ladies badminton tournament. HOLY MACKEREL, SHE WAS ALL OVVVVVVVVVVVVERRRRR THAT SHUTTLECCCCCCCCCCOCK!!!!!!!!

I know what you mean about Mike, but I can't call him the worst. He's actually pretty brilliant. But just like Joe Beninatti (not going to bother googling it, sorry), a lot of times, it's just too much, you know. Thank God there are still guys like Rick who understand that someone is watching on TV and knows the puck was just flung around the near side half wall, the disc riding the ledge of the window.

I would watch that badminton game.

And as for Emrick, most of these announcers are so much worse when they're calling a game for national tv. It's almost like they need to dumb it down for the lowest common denominator and in the process, they sound like fools. I think I'll call it the ESPN phenomenon. On the Devils broadcasts, he's a million times better. I would say this theory is 100% accurate, but then, like Taro mentioned, you have Jack Edwards who actually manages to be even worse on Bruins broadcasts.

I watch a bruins broadcast and I have to turn off the volume just to get through it. Its sickens me how one sided they are. I realize that they're paid to be a homer but there should be a line they walk but with them they only see half the game.

Archived