Tim Kennedy

\GoBillsInDallas/

This isn't dead yet? It's silly at this point. Kennedy was probably not even going to make the team. He got smoked when he tried to be slick. He may not even make the Rangers. This is laughable. I'm watching to see who is out of the league first, Kaleta or Kennedy.

I think Kennedy is going to have a pretty long NHL career as a pretty decent 3rd or 4th line player. I'm not really hung up on the decision to let him go, and I think it's likely that Gerbe will contribute more to the Sabres this year than Kennedy would have, but I don't see any reason to slam Kennedy on his way out. I think he's a better player than, say, MacArthur or Paille.

I think Kennedy is going to have a pretty long NHL career as a pretty decent 3rd or 4th line player. I'm not really hung up on the decision to let him go, and I think it's likely that Gerbe will contribute more to the Sabres this year than Kennedy would have, but I don't see any reason to slam Kennedy on his way out. I think he's a better player than, say, MacArthur or Paille.

I really think he (Kennedy) is in a tough situation. The LW is crowded in New York....and he doesn't get off many shots for a team that is desperate for scoring, I think he'll be lucky to play in 40 NHL games this year.

I really think he (Kennedy) is in a tough situation. The LW is crowded in New York....and he doesn't get off many shots for a team that is desperate for scoring, I think he'll be lucky to play in 40 NHL games this year.

If he does get waived at that price tag, I could see him bouncing around the league a couple times this year.

I think I said this before but on personal opinion of some of the players that come up in the Kennedy argument.

Ennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kassian>>>>Gerbe>>Paille>MacArthur>>>>Kaleta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kennedy>Mancari

I'm not slamming Kennedy. I seriously think he has very little value and is overrated by a lot of people. He slipped through waivers and is now making league minimum. Obviously, I'm not the only one who didn't think he was worth $1Mil. And it has been stated repeatedly that Kennedy cannot thrive in a grinder role. The worst part is he's only relevant because he is from S Buffalo. I mean they held a "rally" to protest Kennedy's release and only 13 people showed up. I mean the handful of people I have known to be upset about it are either: a) from S Buffalo, b) linked somehow to Kennedy, c) my ex gf, and she liked Max a lot who's gonna to spend the rest of his life in Russia. Also, she was nutty.

Bucky is way off base and is just trying to rattle some cages as he continues to pretend to be a "sports writer." The only reason he does it is because he thinks it might give him some national attention and get him out of Buffalo. He's like if John Belushi and Colin Cowherd had a baby who wanted to be on TV and cried because he couldn't.

I think I said this before but on personal opinion of some of the players that come up in the Kennedy argument.

Ennis>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kassian>>>>Gerbe>>Paille>MacArthur>>>>Kaleta>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kennedy>Mancari

I'm not slamming Kennedy. I seriously think he has very little value and is overrated by a lot of people. He slipped through waivers and is now making league minimum. Obviously, I'm not the only one who didn't think he was worth $1Mil. And it has been stated repeatedly that Kennedy cannot thrive in a grinder role. The worst part is he's only relevant because he is from S Buffalo. I mean they held a "rally" to protest Kennedy's release and only 13 people showed up. I mean the handful of people I have known to be upset about it are either: a) from S Buffalo, b) linked somehow to Kennedy, c) my ex gf, and she liked Max a lot who's gonna to spend the rest of his life in Russia. Also, she was nutty.

Bucky is way off base and is just trying to rattle some cages as he continues to pretend to be a "sports writer." The only reason he does it is because he thinks it might give him some national attention and get him out of Buffalo. He's like if John Belushi and Colin Cowherd had a baby who wanted to be on TV and cried because he couldn't.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, although I don't see how you could possibly rather have MacArthur or Paille than Kaleta.

I'm not a Bucky fan and I don't care where Kennedy is from. I also expect Ennis, Kassian and possibly Gerbe and Kaleta (but not Paille or MacArthur) to have better NHL careers than Kennedy. But in his 1st year in the NHL, Kennedy played 78 games and all 6 playoff games for a division winner last year. He played just under 13 minutes per game in the regular season and just under 14.5 in the playoffs. He's a good skater with good hockey IQ and a good, aggressive attitude on the ice. He goes into traffic and comes out with the puck. Yes, he cleared waivers at $1MM, but his short career didn't justify that salary, and Bucky is right that most teams who needed a forward probably figured he would clear and then be available for less money.

I'm predicting that Kennedy plays a top-9 role on the Rangers this year and improves his scoring numbers a bit over last year.

See my thought with Paille and MacArthur is they both have defined roles.

Paille is a 3rd line guy with PK abilities and has found a home on a talent heavy roster in Boston.

Mac, while not worth $2m, is still a 30-40 point guy you can put on your second line and maybe throw at center if you get in some trouble.

Both of them, where the product of the fact that Buffalo has a ton of guys exactly like them and drafts a lot of guys like them. That's the main reason they are no longer in Buffalo.

Kaleta is a necessary evil on this team, a 4th line pest who can hit. He's not good on the forecheck. He just runs in and looks to wreck someone more than cause a turnover. That's not forechecking. The problem is we have no one to do what Kaleta does. So he's here.

See my thought with Paille and MacArthur is they both have defined roles.

Paille is a 3rd line guy with PK abilities and has found a home on a talent heavy roster in Boston.

Mac, while not worth $2m, is still a 30-40 point guy you can put on your second line and maybe throw at center if you get in some trouble.

Both of them, where the product of the fact that Buffalo has a ton of guys exactly like them and drafts a lot of guys like them. That's the main reason they are no longer in Buffalo.

Kaleta is a necessary evil on this team, a 4th line pest who can hit. He's not good on the forecheck. He just runs in and looks to wreck someone more than cause a turnover. That's not forechecking. The problem is we have no one to do what Kaleta does. So he's here.

All of these are legitimate viewpoints. However, I still think Kennedy is better than both Paille and Mac and in fact I will predict that Kennedy outscores both of them this year (and Kaleta as well, although scoring isn't as important to Kaleta's game -- although I think Kaleta has more offensive game that you give him credit for). We shall see.

All of these are legitimate viewpoints. However, I still think Kennedy is better than both Paille and Mac and in fact I will predict that Kennedy outscores both of them this year (and Kaleta as well, although scoring isn't as important to Kaleta's game -- although I think Kaleta has more offensive game that you give him credit for). We shall see.

I don't think Kennedy out scores MacArthur. Paille yes, but not Mac.

Interesting prediction. I would guess he doesn't, not because he isn't capable, but he'll have the hardest time getting any ice-time.

Interesting prediction. I would guess he doesn't, not because he isn't capable, but he'll have the hardest time getting any ice-time.

I agree that Kennedy could get lost in the shuffle, but I think all 3 guys are on offensively constipated teams (Rangers were 20th in scoring last year, Toronto 25th, Boston 30th), each of which will give anyone showing an offensive pulse plenty of ice time.

waived in connection with a one-way deal, yeah?

any chance the rangers would pay him nhl money (albeit on the low-end) to play in the ahl?

if he clears, can the rangers also walk away from him? i assume they can, but am wondering what, if anything, they'd have to pay him in so doing.

It would be hilarious if they brought him back. He would essentially be playing for that qualifying offer that he rejected.

man oh man - it's almost too good to resist.

on second that, it's (he's) not that good.

Shrader: Our erstwhile member Hoppe disagrees:

stinkelage

Archived