Tim Kennedy

\GoBillsInDallas/

• 4 months later...

Just an FYI - the Sabres are 4.3 million under the cap this season and are 13th in the league in in cap utilization (or 17th - four teams are over the cap right now but they'll have to come down). See capgeek.com

i have and 4.3 was the number i was using.

Kennedy - guy cant catch a break, right now he's still borderline NHL. Two other teams other than the sabres have come to the same conclusion.

If he played like he did in last year's playoffs all the time it would be a different story.

According to Bob McKenzie via twitter:

FLA puts Tim Kennedy on re-entry waivers.

One point to consider on FLA's Tim Kennedy being on re-entry waivers - if claimed, he can't play in reg season or playoffs for new team.

If I were betting man, Kennedy goes unclaimed. :) He is, BTW, eligible to play for FLA in reg season/playoffs if he clears

Long story short: players can't move from one NHL team's reserve list to another team's reserve list AFTER trade deadline and still play.

One point to consider on FLA's Tim Kennedy being on re-entry waivers - if claimed, he can't play in reg season or playoffs for new team.

If I were betting man, Kennedy goes unclaimed. :) He is, BTW, eligible to play for FLA in reg season/playoffs if he clears

Long story short: players can't move from one NHL team's reserve list to another team's reserve list AFTER trade deadline and still play.

Bummer...with Grier and Kaleta out, he would fit in.

He needs to clear waivers to play for the Panthers. Also, not sure if it would be considered an emergency call-up, but the Panthers are knee deep in injuries right now.

I think they have all intentions of signing him for next year to play in the NHL.

He needs to clear waivers to play for the Panthers. Also, not sure if it would be considered an emergency call-up, but the Panthers are knee deep in injuries right now.

I think they have all intentions of signing him for next year to play in the NHL.

He's still an RFA. Wonder if he tempts arbitration again? :lol: :cry: :bag:

I'm fairly certain he wouldn't be able to play for an AHL team not based in Ra-cha-cha as well because those rosters have also been set. Which is part of the reason why FLA waited until now to bring him back up. I think they thought someone might try to grab him, so they waited until all a team grabbing him can do is pick up 1/2 of his paycheck.

He's still an RFA. Wonder if he tempts arbitration again? :lol: :cry: :bag:

Why not? He 'won' arbitration the 1st time. ;)

• 6 months later...

I just don't get it. He showed a LOT of promise in his rookie season, and at the very least appeared to be heading to at least a 5-7 year career as a 3rd line/4th line forward who could score 10-20 goals, 30-40 points, and he played with a edge.

Now he can't make the roster of one of the worst teams in the NHL.

:blink:

I just don't get it. He showed a LOT of promise in his rookie season, and at the very least appeared to be heading to at least a 5-7 year career as a 3rd line/4th line forward who could score 10-20 goals, 30-40 points, and he played with a edge.

:blink:

I dont think anyone thought he projected to score that much. He was a decent player for us but def a marginal NHL player as has been shown since.

I agree that he showed a lot of promise. FWIW, I've heard Paul Hamilton say that he came to camp out of shape, so maybe the want-to wasn't what it needed to be. It's also possible that for a guy without much size and with decent but not great skills, familiarity with Lindy's system allowed him to get the most out of his abilities.

Mancari got waived too.

But, he does have a one-way contract this year. I think I mentioned as such earlier during the offseason that when Mancari goes to the AHL, he'll be paid a lot more than he was in previous years because he got a one-way with Vancouver. What a dumb deal by Vancouver, oh well.

Archived