Sabres Jerseys for 2011

BringBackBodger

Thank the great Lord above they did not screw that up like I thought they would....love it as it is pretty close to original. Are those ties at the neck?? I hope. If so, I/ll be getting one - if not< I'll stick with the #11 I have right now

Hate to break it, but that is a fake. Someone took a screen cap of the Winter Classic and modified it. The white doesn't have blue verical striping or the reversed bottom striping as seen in the pic. But trust me, I think the white does look amazing, can't wait to get mine in 2 weeks.

Who said?

I heard there will be a name plate on the back, similar to the Flyers current 3rd, except yellow plate with names in Blue. I can't imagine they would have a checkered number on the back.

says me.

Ive seen it. Theyre checkered. if you dont believe me, write my handle down and come back to hold me accountable when they are released

I think more like this. Dingy white with blue threads.

Its hard to describe. its not checkering like a tablecloth in an italian restaurant. BUt it is not the 1970 thing you posted either. Trust me it doesnt look like you think. The jersey is done up nicely.

Hate to break it, but that is a fake. Someone took a screen cap of the Winter Classic and modified it. The white doesn't have blue verical striping or the reversed bottom striping as seen in the pic. But trust me, I think the white does look amazing, can't wait to get mine in 2 weeks.

We'll find out soon enough if you have seen them (where did you see them?), but if the bolded is true, then I will be surprised. The reverse striping on the white was there from day one of the franchise, was still there in 1995-96, and was used again on the 2008 Winter Classic jerseys. It's possible they've dropped it (aesthetically, it wouldn't bother me much), but I'd just be surprised.

Its hard to describe. its not checkering like a tablecloth in an italian restaurant. BUt it is not the 1970 thing you posted either. Trust me it doesnt look like you think. The jersey is done up nicely.

What about the white away one. I was all excited about the rendition in the video game someone posted but now hear that is a farce. Any insight on that One? thanks.....

According to Icethetics twitter, the new jerseys are leaked.

http://bit.ly/98Pm4J

http://bit.ly/aXEYbP

http://bit.ly/aWjpNA

Sorry, don't know how to link directly to twitter.

I like 'em.

Interesting. Someone got a hold of some premier versions (note size tag on front). If those are they, then they are not too bad. However, I do have one major complaint: the striping on the whites. I said before that I would be OK if they bottom was not the reverse of the arms, even though that's how it's been forever; I was wrong. I would much rather have seen them go gold-blue-gold on all three with the silver on the gold stripes like it is on the homes. The silver on the blue stripes makes it far too muted.

It has always been my favorite part of the original whites. Clearly these are great jerseys but believe it or not, I would only make purchase if it has the similar shoulder. Otherwise, I'll stick with my #11 that I have had forever. Either way, it will be nice to rid the universe of the previous monstrosity known as the slug....

Btw, i don't know if this was already said, but apparently, on the thirds, the backs will be similar to the Flyers jerseys.

With the name plate in yellow and name in Blue....

Well, since by definition when launching a major sweater revision they have to ###### something up; I s'pose I can live w/ that.

Ok to the people complaining about the new whites...SU. This is close enough. Shut up and be freaking happy for crying out loud. I'm on the boat. After this long ass journey, it is a sight for sore and weary eyes. Consider it done and done.

Archived