Sabres Jerseys for 2011

BringBackBodger

No complaints here about the third jersey. Pleasantly surprised to see the royal blue. Damn, the contrast with the midnight blue is pretty striking. I wish that blue wasn't so dark. Away jerseys look awesome.

So, finally, most of Sabredom has to be happy with the look. Shouldn't have taken seven years to get here.

Can we all agree they need to leave things alone now?

I'm not crazy about the name plates, but I'll get over it. The old style stitching on the numbers is a nice touch. And yes, the full royal blue looks awesome.

No complaints here about the third jersey. Pleasantly surprised to see the royal blue. Damn, the contrast with the midnight blue is pretty striking. I wish that blue wasn't so dark. Away jerseys look awesome.

So, finally, most of Sabredom has to be happy with the look. Shouldn't have taken seven years to get here.

Can we all agree they need to leave things alone now?

I'm not sure I have agreed with you on much, but I do on this. Enough already with the jerseys. Be done with it!

I hate to even raise this possibility, but I was watching the Puck Drop coverage on sabres.com and Kevin S. said something that sounded a little weird to my neurotic, paranoid ear. He said it was great/neat/cool/swell/whatever that the Sabres were going back to their old whites on the road for their 40th anniversary season.

Almost sounded like it was possible the Sabres would go back to the slugs next season, with the crossed sabres returning to third jersey status.

Have the Sabres actually said the slug is gone for good?

I wouldn't put it past LQ.

I hate to even raise this possibility, but I was watching the Puck Drop coverage on sabres.com and Kevin S. said something that sounded a little weird to my neurotic, paranoid ear. He said it was great/neat/cool/swell/whatever that the Sabres were going back to their old whites on the road for their 40th anniversary season.

Almost sounded like it was possible the Sabres would go back to the slugs next season, with the crossed sabres returning to third jersey status.

The Slug is gone. It's not coming back.

The new alternate is supposed to be a special one year only 40th anniversary thing. (Four yellow stripes to represent four decades of Sabres hockey, the inaugural year in the small logo, etc.) Presumably it goes away after this year and we get a new alternate in a couple years.

Always the conspiracy theorist.

The Slug is gone. It's not coming back.

The new alternate is supposed to be a special one year only 40th anniversary thing. (Four yellow stripes to represent four decades of Sabres hockey, the inaugural year in the small logo, etc.) Presumably it goes away after this year and we get a new alternate in a couple years.

Don't think the Sabres will leave money on the table by not having a third jersey next season. And would you put it past LQ to introduce a slug third?

Actually, the Bison third jersey isn't necessarily perishable after this season.

Don't think the Sabres will leave money on the table by not having a third jersey next season. And would you put it past LQ to introduce a slug third?

Actually, the Bison third jersey isn't necessarily perishable after this season.

I'm pretty sure the league rule is that you have to wait 18 months before a jersey change, even if it's just changing your alternate. But I could be wrong.

And I put nothing past Larry Quinn. He's that special combination of person who is both completely clueless and perpetually trying to prove that he's smarter than everyone else. I'm 100% certain he has a bunch of really terrible ideas on the way.

Oh, and just to terrify everyone, the ghost of the Banana Slug is haunting the left side of the banner at the top of the Sabres website.

Link

Spooky. Remember in Pac-Man when the ghosts would sometimes turn blue and you could eat them? I think something like that happened to the old Banana Slug. His powers are severely diminished, but he's still here.

Oh, and just to terrify everyone, the ghost of the Banana Slug is haunting the left side of the banner at the top of the Sabres website.

Link

Spooky. Remember in Pac-Man when the ghosts would sometimes turn blue and you could eat them? I think something like that happened to the old Banana Slug. His powers are severely diminished, but he's still here.

Been there since the start of last season when they started de-slugging the website. It will probably go away eventually, but it's not new.

I could see them removing the logo from under the Buffalo word or at least removing the 1970 part from the logo.

blah blah blah sabrespace forum demeanor ... we get what we ask for in amazing looking homes/aways and beautiful new thirds and all people can do is find something to bitch about lol

Does it look like there is much complaining about them? I really haven't seen too much, but then again, I don't hear the full reaction since I'm not in Buffalo.

Archived