Sabres Jerseys for 2011

BringBackBodger

Did the Sabres change the lettering on the back of their sweaters? I caught some glimpses last night and the typeface looked, for lack of a better word, a little wimpy. Thinner and lighter than last year?

Am I imagining things again?

Yes. Based on the jerseys I've looked at in the Sabres store, it's the same.

Did the Sabres change the lettering on the back of their sweaters? I caught some glimpses last night and the typeface looked, for lack of a better word, a little wimpy. Thinner and lighter than last year?

Am I imagining things again?

Teams sometimes go with cheaper lettering and numbering during the preseason. I know it's been documented with Detroit each year on that uniwatch blog on espn page 2 (check that out if you never have).

Since they didn't have authentics there, I picked up this (well, this is a mock-up, since the actual one is not online yet):

post-1053-003451200 1285709818_thumb.jpg

It's nice, but the hood is huuuuuuuge and has kind of a KKK type point. I may have to change that.

I like it. I think I'd go that way if I wasn't going to get the jersey at some point. It just seems redundant since I will get one.

Same as the slug, maybe, but definitely not last year's thirds. Last year's thirds used a somewhat bold, thick, blocky font.

post-136-020175200 1285682379_thumb.jpg

Either those are normal numbers on a size M jersey, or that's not "team official" either.

I've seen everything up close, the lettering and numbering on the primary home jerseys is the same as it has been since they came out. And the "font" is the same for both of the new jerseys.

Either those are normal numbers on a size M jersey, or that's not "team official" either.

I've seen everything up close, the lettering and numbering on the primary home jerseys is the same as it has been since they came out. And the "font" is the same for both of the new jerseys.

Thanks.

Archived