Sabres Jerseys for 2011

BringBackBodger

Who said?

I heard there will be a name plate on the back, similar to the Flyers current 3rd, except yellow plate with names in Blue. I can't imagine they would have a checkered number on the back.

This is the Sabres we're talking about here. If there's a way to royally screw up a jersey, the odds aren't exactly good that they wont.

Too bad they couldn't go with the old Bisons bottle cap logo for the 3rd sweater but I'm sure Pepsi would have a seisure unless they got a cut of the money from the Sabres!! I wish they'd go back to the number font they had from 1970-1983. Those numbers we're thicker (for lack of a better term) than the jersey numbers that they started using in 83-84 that are currently on the -what-is-now the home sweater!

Too bad they couldn't go with the old Bisons bottle cap logo for the 3rd sweater but I'm sure Pepsi would have a seisure unless they got a cut of the money from the Sabres!! I wish they'd go back to the number font they had from 1970-1983. Those numbers we're thicker (for lack of a better term) than the jersey numbers that they started using in 83-84 that are currently on the -what-is-now the home sweater!

Welcome!!! - to!!! - the!!!! - board!!!! :D

Leave it to a lousy organization to come up with jersey that embarrases the fans and I'm sure the players. I can't imagine being a player and hating, hating the jersey that you're wearing. The slug should be thrown over the falls along with LQ and his stupid patented hockey net.

Leave it to a lousy organization to come up with jersey that embarrases the fans and I'm sure the players. I can't imagine being a player and hating, hating the jersey that you're wearing. The slug should be thrown over the falls along with LQ and his stupid patented hockey net.

We've broached this the last couple of seasons as Carp has charted the team's record in and out of the slug. It seems entirely plausible that the team really does play differently -- thinks about itself differently? -- when it manages to slither out of its exoskeleton.

We've broached this the last couple of seasons as Carp has charted the team's record in and out of the slug. It seems entirely plausible that the team really does play differently -- thinks about itself differently? -- when it manages to slither out of its exoskeleton.

It may seem plausible, but I find it highly unlikely. I think we need more science. We need the combined record of the opposing teams played (at the time we played them) per jersey.

For the record, I don't hate the Slug.

Do seriously think the players are embarassed to wear a jersey, especially at the NHL level? The paycheck takes care of that really quickly. If anyone is ever embarassed, it would be those minor leaguers who have to wear some of the monstrosities that those teams will break out for the random theme night.

Do seriously think the players are embarassed to wear a jersey, especially at the NHL level? The paycheck takes care of that really quickly. If anyone is ever embarassed, it would be those minor leaguers who have to wear some of the monstrosities that those teams will break out for the random theme night.

Thank you. Spot on.

It may seem plausible, but I find it highly unlikely. I think we need more science. We need the combined record of the opposing teams played (at the time we played them) per jersey.

For the record, I don't hate the Slug.

Sounds like a job for Carpman. Think cape with a chart across the front.

Not sure what making millions has to do with how you perceive your jersey. Don't you think the players back in 2006 had basically the same reaction most of the rest of us did?

I seem to remember everyone being all smiles on the ice when they unveiled the new thirds, but I'd say Kaleta's face here (0:35) says all you need to know about how they felt about the Slug:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FUgfOr9lec

He looks pained and depressed putting it on.

I'll get right on that chart ...

... should be done about Christmas time.

You mean like this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBXG0QaSE0

Not sure what making millions has to do with how you perceive your jersey. Don't you think the players back in 2006 had basically the same reaction most of the rest of us did?

Maybe, but then they got over it ridiculously quickly when the royalty checks started pouring in.

You mean like this one?

That doesn't even come close to some of the one's I've seen. Two that come to mind are a mock tuxedo and a plaid uniform.

Maybe, but then they got over it ridiculously quickly when the royalty checks started pouring in.

That doesn't even come close to some of the one's I've seen. Two that come to mind are a mock tuxedo and a plaid uniform.

The players get royalty checks for wearing the unies? I did not know that.

Not far off with the 3rd. The coloring will be more old school like a faded blue and they will have player numbers on the front....how that is a classic look is beyond me.

The numbers on the back will in fact be checkered....

I think more like this. Dingy white with blue threads.

New info from Icethetics.info:

We also have new details on the Sabres' new third jersey. It's royal blue and celebrates the history of Buffalo hockey with a vintage white script across the chest inspired by the old Buffalo Bisons club. Beneath the script and set to the right side is the Sabres' 40th anniversary mark — the retro logo with 19 and 70 inside the blue circle.

The striping is somewhat unusual. Both the sleeves and bottom of the sweater feature two sets of yellow double-stripes — for a total of four stripes each around the sleeves an waist, perhaps symbolic of each decade the team has existed. The collar is yellow with vintage white laces.

Not sure at the moment whether the front of the jersey will feature the sweater number. However, the numbers will be vintage white with blue cross-stitching inside, as seen in graphics displayed on the Sabres' website. The nameplate on the back will be gold with royal blue lettering.

Also, someone on another board with a copy of NHL 11 was able to use a code and unlock the Sabres away jersey. You can see it here: http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/206/buffjersey.png

New info from Icethetics.info:

Also, someone on another board with a copy of NHL 11 was able to use a code and unlock the Sabres away jersey. You can see it here: http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/206/buffjersey.png

Thank the great Lord above they did not screw that up like I thought they would....love it as it is pretty close to original. Are those ties at the neck?? I hope. If so, I/ll be getting one - if not< I'll stick with the #11 I have right now

Archived