Olympic Hockey Game Discussion Threads

Bmwolf21

yes

If Canada can get past the first 2 games, and I think they will, then I think this is one of those times when playing an extra game actually benefits them. That many guys playing with each other for the first time is going to take some time to gel and I see them being a scarier team in a week.

If Canada can get past the first 2 games, and I think they will, then I think this is one of those times when playing an extra game actually benefits them. That many guys playing with each other for the first time is going to take some time to gel and I see them being a scarier team in a week.

I thought this as well. I also agree with Miller's comment last night that they could very well see them again and they would be a real mad team when they meet again. Of course that would be one hell of a rematch.

That said team USA can also use the practice time as we all saw a lot of area's they could improve their game as well. However if Babcock keeps shuffling his lines like a Lindy Ruff then the extra game doesn't necessary translate into that much of an advantage.

All and all I'm enjoying these olympic's...

If Canada wins this thing, they will truly deserve it. They will play Russia and who i think is the best team in Vancouver, Sweden, before even playing in the gold medal game. Henrik Lundqvist hasn't allowed a goal yet in Vancouver.

This is inexcusable. How the Hell does that happen at midnight!

It actually benefits most people. It stinks for the fans on the east side in Canada, such as Toronto and Montreal, but it's a 9pm start on the west coast. Also, Russia is 8 hours ahead of EST so for them it will be a 8am faceoff.

Vancouver, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton i'm sure are not complaining and neither is anyone in Russia.

Update, 5:03 p.m. ET: Power-play goal makes it 9-1 with less than three minutes left. Monique Lamoureux has a hat trick.

And thats' the way it ended- USA 9 - Swe 1

Reporter Seth Livingstone says the crowd at BC Hockey Place was clearly pro-Sweden. Team USA's victory against Canada in men's hockey seems to have agitated many Canadian fans who are chanting, "Let's go, Sweden, let's go."

USA,USA,USA, love to harang the homey's. Sounds like USA shall be the villians from here out. It's a shame a great game winning against their boy's is criminalized instead of giving some credit for the team that won. All I heard so far from Canada is we didn't do this or didn't get the bounces that, instead of a small amount of credit for the team that won. Come on Brian and Ron use that for some inspirational motivation.

Update, 5:03 p.m. ET: Power-play goal makes it 9-1 with less than three minutes left. Monique Lamoureux has a hat trick.

And thats' the way it ended- USA 9 - Swe 1

Reporter Seth Livingstone says the crowd at BC Hockey Place was clearly pro-Sweden. Team USA's victory against Canada in men's hockey seems to have agitated many Canadian fans who are chanting, "Let's go, Sweden, let's go."

USA,USA,USA, love to harang the homey's. Sounds like USA shall be the villians from here out. It's a shame a great game winning against their boy's is criminalized instead of giving some credit for the team that won. All I heard so far from Canada is we didn't do this or didn't get the bounces that, instead of a small amount of credit for the team that won. Come on Brian and Ron use that for some inspirational motivation.

It's this kind of crap that will make me cheer for anyone BUT Canada when the World Juniors come here next year. :censored:

All I heard so far from Canada is we didn't do this or didn't get the bounces that, instead of a small amount of credit for the team that won. Come on Brian and Ron use that for some inspirational motivation.

I mentioned this after the Swiss took Canada to the SO. Crosby basically said that they failed to blow them out earlier like they could have, so it ended up going longer than it really should have. Not even one word of credit to the Swiss. Great sportsmanship. :thumbdown:

Am I the only one that thinks the chant, "Go, Canada, Go" is really stupid?

I mean, "Go, Leafs, Go" makes sense. There is only one syllable in Leafs. The word Ca-na-da just doesn't fit into that chant.

Yeah, but it's still not a word.

Am I the only one that thinks the chant, "Go, Canada, Go" is really stupid?

I mean, "Go, Leafs, Go" makes sense. There is only one syllable in Leafs. The word Ca-na-da just doesn't fit into that chant.

It's even harder the way you broke up the syllables. I'd go with CAN-A-DA. Let's go CA-NA-DA just doesn't roll off the tongue.. :pirate:

How about GO Own the Podium GO?

I believe the game is scheduled to start at 4:30 PST. Swedish game is at 9 PST.

That makes so much more sense. I was parroting something I read online..

Stole this quip online as well. Gave me a good chuckle this AM:

"Crosby's 1st Goal on Brodeur was his best!"

That makes so much more sense. I was parroting something I read online..

Stole this quip online as well. Gave me a good chuckle this AM:

"Crosby's 1st Goal on Brodeur was his best!"

I like that. Fyi, the next two US games will start at 12 PST, Wednesday and hopefully Friday.

Very Good, USA Heavily favored. It will only add to their angst come the mens finals and I say bring it on ehhh, you hoser's.

I don't think the USA is heavily favored, should be a very close, hard fought game. The US and Canada are the premier teams in women's hockey.

Doesn't look like actual odds are available yet, but the Canadians (canadiennes, canadiettes?) are the favorites.

Is this definite?

Yes according to schedule

Tuesday, February 23 (Day 12) all times PST

12:00 Men's Playoff Qualifier #1

Switzerland vs Belarus

16:30 Men's Playoff Qualifier #2

Canada vs Germany

19:00 Men's Playoff Qualifier #3

Czech Republic vs Latvia 2

21:00 Men's Playoff Qualifier #4

Slovakia vs Norway

I don't think the USA is heavily favored, should be a very close, hard fought game. The US and Canada are the premier teams in women's hockey.

Doesn't look like actual odds are available yet, but the Canadians (canadiennes, canadiettes?) are the favorites.

My Bad you are correct sir;

The Canadian Women’s Hockey Team is the favorite to win the Gold Medal at the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver. In fact, ever since the team formed in 1990, Canada has always been the favorite to win every hockey game they’ve ever played. They’ve only lost to two other countries – USA and Sweden.

Sorry I misunderstood/mangled my reading of some press articles the way I do most of my posts; in haste while attempting to do several other things asynchronously.

Still it will be that much sweeter if we beat them for Gold again... USA, USA , and that game is thursday night. mark it down on your calendars.

Archived