Olympic Hockey Game Discussion Threads

Bmwolf21

I hope the Russians can get a few more before Canada gets any more. I want this to be a close game.. If it's a blow out either way, I'm going to be highly disappointed.

...wow...if it weren't for former Sabres, this would be an out-and-out embarrassment right now...

Looks like losing to us was the best thing to happen to Canada. They got their sh*t together real quick. Not bad considering they played last night (OK, Germany was like a night off) but the Russians were rested and they are being embarrassed.

Looks like losing to us was the best thing to happen to Canada. They got their sh*t together real quick. Not bad considering they played last night (OK, Germany was like a night off) but the Russians were rested and they are being embarrassed.

I knew Canada was going to play like crazy. I didn't know the Russians were going to lay down.

Anyone with a working internet cast of this game?

I'm watching through nbcolympics.com - you have to put who your provider is (Cable, Satellite, etc, and enter a username/password), but it's working fine and free for me...and pretty high quality, too.

I just walked in the door. 7-3? Are you kidding me. Nice effort by the Big Red Machine. <_< Now I don't feel so bad about the loser of this game not getting a medal.

Yeah, really...for all those in the media who said this should've been the gold medal game, I'm glad it isn't.

I fear the US has awakened a sleeping giant.....

Holy cow, 7-2 so far.

I agree, but disagree with that idea. Yeah, this team is loaded with a number of NHL first liners/superstars. So Team USA could have "awoken a sleeping giant." But here's another thought. Canada's team chemistry at the beginning of the Olympics didn't appear to be at the level it is now. Didn't they start out slow in 2002? Another reason Russia is getting their butt kicked tonight is Canada simply wants it more. As soon as the puck was dropped Canada was going after it and Russia was not. Reminds me of the game between the U.S. and Canada. Team USA did whatever it took to beat the Canadians. Canada is doing that with Russia tonight.

As a side note, I was exctited about this game. I thought it was going to be a great one to watch. I am shocked, and really disappointed. Even though Germany got beat 8-2, they played much better than Russia has tonight. What a puckin' joke.

Well that Canada Russia game might have been the biggest let down of a sporting event I have ever witnessed. I was REALLY thinking this could be the match of the century and it turned into a total dud. Never Have I built up an event so much only to be totally wrong about it. Oh well, time to direct that emotion towards the US again and start a little happy hour at 3pm on Friday.

Archived