Olympic Hockey Game Discussion Threads

Bmwolf21

What was NBC thinking, putting USA-Canada on MSNBC in standard def? This matchup should be on NBC in glorious HD. Heck, I'd be OK with it being on CNBC - at least they have a hi-def feed. But I guess figure skating, speed skating, skiing and bobsled (NBC) and men's curling (CNBC) are better picks to put in HD than a marquee men's hockey matchup between the USA and Canada. :wallbash:

Figure skating is the reason. I'll bet it's bigger than hockey in most of the USA.

Figure skating is the reason. I'll bet it's bigger than hockey in most of the USA.

No question about it, at least from a TV audience perspective. Chicks want to watch skating and a lot of husbands will go along with it (at my house we'll have separate TVs going).

I like that we have a good warm-up game now. Go Czechs...beat those Ruskie bastards!

No question about it, at least from a TV audience perspective. Chicks want to watch skating and a lot of husbands will go along with it (at my house we'll have separate TVs going).

I like that we have a good warm-up game now. Go Czechs...beat those Ruskie bastards!

This is one heck of a game, midway through the first.

Wow. Good action in the first. Miller has been sharp, and USA has been opportunistic, but they need to sustain more pressure. If the 18-6 shot advantage for Canada continues the USA will get buried later on. Got to pick up the attack and spend more time in the Canucks' end.

Just wondering....does Lindy as a coach of Canada, tell his players Ryan Miller's "secret" weaknesses to help his national team now but could hurt his NHL team over the balance of the season??? Where does one's allegiance lie?? Or is there just so much scouting out there that everyone knows everyone else's strengths and weaknesses?

Good, fast paced, tough game so far.

Go Sabres!

Just wondering....does Lindy as a coach of Canada, tell his players Ryan Miller's "secret" weaknesses to help his national team now but could hurt his NHL team over the balance of the season??? Where does one's allegiance lie?? Or is there just so much scouting out there that everyone knows everyone else's strengths and weaknesses?

Go Sabres!

Given Miller's play, I think Lindy is keeping mum.

Go Sabres!

Miller has a "secret" weakness? What would that be, his eye thing everyone here talks about?

I may be the only Canadian in this country that is watching the game and routing for Team Miller

Archived