GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I sure don't hope it'll take Miller's Hasek impression for 40 minutes before the rest of the team comes to play tonight.

That said, Buffalo is to Toronto what Ottawa is to Buffalo these days, so this is one those games they *need* to win, in order to have a legitimate shot at the post-season.

I sure don't hope it'll take Miller's Hasek impression for 40 minutes before the rest of the team comes to play tonight.

That said, Buffalo is to Toronto what Ottawa is to Buffalo these days, so this is one those games they *need* to win, in order to have a legitimate shot at the post-season.

Isn't the entire NHL to Toronto what Ottawa is to Buffalo these days?

Nah, I love it when he tells the story of how Tony Twist fought Tie Domi back in the day, meanwhile the Sabres score on a 3-on-1.

You know who might be worse? Gus Johnson. Did the Bills yesterday with Steve Tasker, who's almost equally awful. What's up with the sharp "haha!" after TO catches a pass? And I've rarely heard an NFL play by play guy who's worse at telling where the ball will be spotted/whether a team has a first down. Well, maybe Van, but hey...

You know who might be worse? Gus Johnson.

gus is not a traditional, hell not even a reliable, play-by-play guy for football.

but he's an entertainer, to be sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLqGDuLnVUw

i will actually stay tuned into a game in which i have no interest in the hopes that he will get a chance to make a crazed (or even politically incorrect) call while the crowd goes bonkers -- just a bit of fun.

You know who might be worse? Gus Johnson. Did the Bills yesterday with Steve Tasker, who's almost equally awful. What's up with the sharp "haha!" after TO catches a pass? And I've rarely heard an NFL play by play guy who's worse at telling where the ball will be spotted/whether a team has a first down. Well, maybe Van, but hey...

He was terrible yesterday wasn't he?! I did have to laugh out loud though when they were focusing on TO not having caught much yet and then next thing you know he's running under the bomb Fitz threw for the TD.. :beer:

gus is not a traditional, hell not even a reliable, play-by-play guy for football.

but he's an entertainer, to be sure.

i will actually stay tuned into a game in which i have no interest in the hopes that he will get a chance to make a crazed (or even politically incorrect) call while the crowd goes bonkers -- just a bit of fun.

FWIW, Gus Johnson is black.

As for the game tonight, I can't believe DirecTV is continuing to screw us.

Also, I like the new lines. Putting Hecht, a very good forechecker, with Roy and Pommer just seems logical, and might even help Hecht's utter inability to make a good shot or pass. I also think having Vanek on his line might allow Kennedy to show some of his offensive skills.

Also, I like the new lines. Putting Hecht, a very good forechecker, with Roy and Pommer just seems logical, and might even help Hecht's utter inability to make a good shot or pass.

It's perfect.

Roy dekes and ducks but never shoots, so he'll pass it to Pommer.

Pommer will get a slapper from point into the goalie's chest.

Hecht can mop up the rebound since he drives to the net well.

=

As for the game tonight, I can't believe DirecTV is continuing to screw us.

I have to tape the game at my office then run back over at 9 or so, pick it up & go home to watch it on video since DirecTV & Comcast can't seem to kiss and makeup. At least we have cable at our office and I only live a few minutes away.

As for Ian Eagle, where do they come up with these schmucks? He doesn't even know how to pronounce his first name. I've never heard anyone else in the world call themselves "eye-an" - maybe someone lied & told him that's how they say it in the UK. I thought he was atrocious and just relegated to screwing up US Open tennis but sounds like he gets to do NFL too?

Archived