Mixed results at the quarter pole...

LabattBlue

I think you did.

Earlier in the season, when things were going well and all four lines were scoring, Lindy was asked a question about his first and second lines, and he said he couldn't put a number on them. Ice time certainly has reflected that philosophy. The goals dried up, and he wanted to talk about something else I guess. The guy has shucked and jived his way to 12 years behind the bench here, so it's nothing new.

Maybe you shouldn't be third poster in and change what the discussion is. Was your point that Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Connolly, Stafford and MacArthur are the top six scoring forwards? I wouldn't disagree.

That was the only point I was making.

And what if I like being the third poster in? I heard chz was into that.

Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Stafford, MacArthur and Connolly just are not getting it done. That's what's wrong with the team.

Nice summary of all thats wrong with this team..Supposedly one of these were to be the leader..All have turtled like Kaleta in a fight...This team is lacking a captain that can put up and lead..Give this team a bona fide leader at the center position and they are a different team..

Nice summary of all thats wrong with this team..Supposedly one of these were to be the leader..All have turtled like Kaleta in a fight...This team is lacking a captain that can put up and lead..Give this team a bona fide leader at the center position and they are a different team..

Perhaps Celino and Barnes should give their friend Roy a pep talk.

Connolly sure answered the bell today, though.

lots of animosity for a team that is a point off the division lead with 3 games in hand on the team ahead of them...

I can't speak for other posters (obviously, being mute) but I know that I, personally, rage at the team to accomplish (in my mind anyway) two things:

1. It makes me feel better to yell.

2. My huge ego gets a big boost when the team starts behaving in a way that makes me believe that maybe, just maybe, they heard my rage and decided to play better, all for me.

Kinda like my own personal rain dance. B-)

OT - Can't believe Max has 11 goals and 14 assists already. I knew he'd fare better elsewhere, but wow. Good for him.

Just when you thought this team was gonna go for a long slump, they have turned it around again. Maybe they aren't like the teams from the past two years.

I still think moving a top 6 fwd is wise though.

Here are some more results to consider: the Rangers, who last summer made their usual UFA splash and heavy roster turnover, and the Habs, who completely blew up their team, are respectively in 10th and 12th place in the EC. And they're not at the quarter pole: each has played 27 games, or almost 1/3 of their schedules.

There were quite a few posters here last summer (especially one whose handle rhymes with Ree-Moo-Ka) heavily criticizing Darcy for not changing the Sabres' roster more, and pointing to the Rangers and the Habs as examples of how it should've been done.

Splashy moves in the summer simply do not equal success on the ice in the winter.

Here are some more results to consider: the Rangers, who last summer made their usual UFA splash and heavy roster turnover, and the Habs, who completely blew up their team, are respectively in 10th and 12th place in the EC. And they're not at the quarter pole: each has played 27 games, or almost 1/3 of their schedules.

There were quite a few posters here last summer (especially one whose handle rhymes with Ree-Moo-Ka) heavily criticizing Darcy for not changing the Sabres' roster more, and pointing to the Rangers and the Habs as examples of how it should've been done.

Splashy moves in the summer simply do not equal success on the ice in the winter.

Wow, you love the premature "I told you so." I feel for your wife.

lots of animosity for a team that is a point off the division lead with 3 games in hand on the team ahead of them...

That's the best post I've read on this subject ... sometimes checking this stuff is like stopping for an accident; you know it's depressing, but you've got to take a look.

Too much p'ssin' & moanin' about a team that MOST all on this had written off in Sept.

Again ... don't watch.

That's the best post I've read on this subject ... sometimes checking this stuff is like stopping for an accident; you know it's depressing, but you've got to take a look.

Too much p'ssin' & moanin' about a team that MOST all on this had written off in Sept.

Again ... don't watch.

Better yet, how about you not coming back and checking in on us?

Wow, you love the premature "I told you so." I feel for your wife.

He just needs to remember it's not the size of the post.

Are people willing to seriously argue that the Sabres are where they are right now for any other reason than Ryan Miller. Even with Myers and Grier the biggest difference between the last couple of years is Miller's play. Miller is by far the early season leader for league MVP. Without Miller the Sabres would be looking up at the Rangers and Habs. This team doesn't have the offense to win when Miller is off his game and the defense gets exposed every time a backup plays and Miller is not there to cover their mistakes. This team is still in need of some talent and depth in the forward ranks and can use a upgrade on the blue line to replace Rivet who has seemingly hit the career wall. These are things that should have been addressed in the off-season and weren't.

Again ... don't watch.

Strong start followed by struggles in November. Do you really have to ask why people aren't all that comfortable with those results? Yes, "the sky is falling" crowd gets annoying at times, but the people who are always ridiculously positive regardless of the results get annoying too.

Strong start followed by struggles in November. Do you really have to ask why people aren't all that comfortable with those results? Yes, "the sky is falling" crowd gets annoying at times, but the people who are always ridiculously positive regardless of the results get annoying too.

:worthy:

Hey!! I resemble that remark.. :rolleyes: But hey, they ARE going to beat Montreal no matter what Inkman says!

Don't get me wrong, it's been fun so far watching them win. But it's not really "the sky is falling" when, even though we are winning, you see the same issues we have seen for 5 years (yes, I said five). Issues that, come playoff time (if there is a playoff time) will become a problem.

Archived