I'll have to step into another state of mind

to let you know that I am real.

And all these worries you build up

inside your soul?

The ones that make your world stand

still?

Means you can feel...."

IMO...Gold

Joe was a poet, IMO, so I really like this cover of a great song by another great poet ... Bob Marley.

The one small issue I have with Joe was in 1980 (or there about) he had his teeth fixed.  By then the punk scene had pretty much morphed into new wave and Joe went along with it in a great way.

I just played "All lost in the Supermarket" at an open mic, followed by "Wrong Em Boyo", which in researching I didn't realize they hadn't written (the original is great) . Truly an underrated band. My all time fave.....great to see someone else wit the love. I was a kid when John Lennon died and I remember how sad everyone was. For me it was Joe. Miss his big heart and great songs.

I just played "All lost in the Supermarket" at an open mic, followed by "Wrong Em Boyo", which in researching I didn't realize they hadn't written (the original is great) . Truly an underrated band. My all time fave.....great to see someone else wit the love. I was a kid when John Lennon died and I remember how sad everyone was. For me it was Joe. Miss his big heart and great songs.

The only band that ever mattered.

There are a number of real Clash fans here.

The few covers that they did really do pay proper homage to the originals.

... 'Stagger Lee met Billy and they got down to gambling' ...

We've been talking about the tv series Bojack Horseman in the movies/tv thread and it's got me thinking about the opening theme music.

The song itself is a collaboration between Patrick Carney (of the Black Keys) and his uncle Ralph Carney (saxophone player).

Here's the full length version:

A little background on how it was written and came to be in the show: https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/6/12393850/bojack-horseman-theme-song-patrick-carney

The more I watch this show, the more appreciation I have for how perfect the song is for the intro, perhaps if only to me personally.

Back in the worst of my college days where I was drinking to ease "the pain" and in general just a basketcase, I used to spend a lot of my nights passing out to a band called Morphine. They're this weird 90's low-jazz group that is super melancholy. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morphine_(band)

My favorite album of their's was their last album, The Night (2000), released shortly after their lead singer/bassist died on stage during a show in Italy. Fitting I suppose.

Anyway, the Bojack intro takes me right back to that album and those nights spent half blacked out laying in my bed. I'd spin The Night and let it carry me off.

Given the thematic content of Bojack, I can't help but feel a deep connection between the show, Morphine, and myself. I often wonder if it is deliberate on the part of show creator Noel Bright. Maybe he was a Morphine fan and the Carney piece elicited the same feelings from him? Or maybe it's a complete accident? Either way.

The Night Full Album:

Edited by d4rksabre

We've been talking about the tv series Bojack Horseman in the movies/tv thread and it's got me thinking about the opening theme music.

The song itself is a collaboration between Patrick Carney (of the Black Keys) and his uncle Ralph Carney (saxophone player).

Here's the full length version:

A little background on how it was written and came to be in the show: https://www.theverge.com/2016/8/6/12393850/bojack-horseman-theme-song-patrick-carney

Oh neat, I heard the podcast where Patrick talked about the song awhile back (Song Exploder). Good listen.

I've always loved Adrian Belew. And ever since people keep typing Baloo for Bowl-U, I've been thinking of him more and more.

This song has really grown on me in the past couple weeks.

I recognize that song. Hadn't realized it was him.

I am most partial to his time with Crimson.

I also remember the unabashed attempt at getting some run on FM Radio when he recorded "Oh, Daddy Daddy."

Anyone paying much attention to a group of 20ish guys called Greta Van Fleet ? Highway Tune is all over radio right now and sounds alot like Zeppelin. Not comparing them to Zep of course but they've borrowed heavily from the Zep and are a throwback band for sure. Singer sounds like a cross between Plant, Lee and the singer for Yes the name of which I forget. But he leans heavily to the blues side a la Plant. Watched their other tunes on Youtube and they're not bad. Takes me back to my youth.

Anyone paying much attention to a group of 20ish guys called Greta Van Fleet ? Highway Tune is all over radio right now and sounds alot like Zeppelin. Not comparing them to Zep of course but they've borrowed heavily from the Zep and are a throwback band for sure. Singer sounds like a cross between Plant, Lee and the singer for Yes the name of which I forget. But he leans heavily to the blues side a la Plant. Watched their other tunes on Youtube and they're not bad. Takes me back to my youth.

Jon Anderson.

Thanks for the tip.

Listening to the EP now. You weren't kidding when you said the singer sounds like Plant. I feel like I'm listening to new Zep.

Listening to the EP now. You weren't kidding when you said the singer sounds like Plant. I feel like I'm listening to new Zep.

I have to admit that I heard this song earlier this week and thought is was old Zep that I never heard before. Not sure what to do with that.