The Music Thread

darksabre

• 2 weeks later...

The new album is getting closer. I particularly like Maynard’s quote here. “This is progressive metal at its most atmospheric...”

https://www.avclub.com/maynard-james-keenan-says-hes-almost-done-writing-the-n-1823104366

Been on a Floyd kick lately. David Gilmour is an absolute Witch on the stringy thing. He does the most bizarre things and somehow it turns into wonderful, spacial, thought provoking music.

I was really into Floyd until I had my many experiments with LSD back in the day. The that came straight out my head took me far away. Farther than Floyd could. If you get me on some old school sativa, though, I’m down.

Floyd is way cool.

I went to see that live concert movie (Pompeii? (sp?)) at the North Park. Sober. Still cool as hell.

I can't not think of this when I hear that song.

Guilty pleasure for me is re-watching Beavis and Butthead clown on music videos.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Guilty pleasure for me is re-watching Beavis and Butthead clown on music videos.

What is there to feel guilty about? BnB had a nice mix of stupid and smart. Especially the music vid reviews. Without them we would have never had a Daniel Tosh.

What is there to feel guilty about? BnB had a nice mix of stupid and smart. Especially the music vid reviews. Without them we would have never had a Daniel Tosh.

I dunno, man. It feels like a guilty pleasure.

Anyway, I frickin love those bits. I remember being bummed when I ordered a few seasons on DVD, only to find the music video segments had been omitted.

I dunno, man. It feels like a guilty pleasure.

Anyway, I frickin love those bits. I remember being bummed when I ordered a few seasons on DVD, only to find the music video segments had been omitted.

Their White Zombie Ratfinks, Suicide Tanks and Cannibal Girls peyote hallucinating moment in Beavis and Butthead Do America is one of my favorite things of all time. 

skip to 2:10

Edited by ABBA_älskare_69

• 2 weeks later...

^

Me likey. Consistent with NOLA, their music appears to defy easy categorization. Metal? Funk? Jam band? Nearest things I could think of through 2:00 was Funkadelic with a dash of Floyd and Soundgarden.

Oh. Hell yeah. Had to log off at 3:00. Will tune in later.

Shifting gears, I have such a Dad-crush on these young ladies from Spain. I've long been a sucker for an all-grrrl rawk band.

• 4 weeks later...