The Music Thread

darksabre

I just need to say, Beyonce is straight awful.... And she ruined the Ed sheeran acoustic version of perfect, with her "angry voice" that she always has when she sings.

On that note, I do love me some Ed sheeran, and I miss Jimmy eat world back before Bleed American

Finally had a chance to check this out. Born in 1999! Yeesh! Kids!

Her EP and a live album are on Amazon. Her vocal stylings remind me of Patterson Hood from Drive by Truckers mixed with Karen O?

Glad you enjoyed. And, yeah — time marches on.

Killer acid rock guitar solo work from Eddie Hazel of Funkadelic...

Chief among my favourite rock bands ever.

On that note, I do love me some Ed sheeran

Dude.

What is?

Letting it play in the background. Descended from Brian Eno?

Mostly instrumental, ambient, textural, emotion-laden, .... not sure exactly how to describe post-rock. I like Hammock, This Will Destroy You, God Is An Astronaut, Unwed Sailor, Mogwai, and several others. Brian Eno fits the genre. Definitely good background music. Best with headphones.

Edited by Iron Crotch

*fits = started (?)

One of my favourite nerd-outs, days gone by, was reading album liner notes from the 80s/90s and trying to figure out ”Enossification” was/is.

Searched around and he is considered an early influencer (along with Phillip Glass who I saw in Buffalo forever ago). This is a nice list: https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-12-most-influential-post-rock-records

Spiderland by Slint is fantastic. That's a band that was way ahead of its time.

Searched around and he is considered an early influencer (along with Phillip Glass who I saw in Buffalo forever ago). This is a nice list: https://www.loudersound.com/features/the-12-most-influential-post-rock-records

Spiderland by Slint is fantastic. That's a band that was way ahead of its time.

Good stuff.

Sorry for my wonky syntax. Small phone, and I need readers (glasses).

IIRC, Eno produced several U2 albums — including Joshua Tree. (Think of that trademark soundwash before Where the Streets Have No Name).

I don't understand the whole bro country movement. (please bare with me Kenny Chesney fans) It's just so formulaic and prescribed. Not one note sounds like a genuine piece of music derived from the soul. Just all predetermined notes designed to please as many ears as possible.

Edited by inkman

I don't understand the whole bro country movement. (please bare with me Kenny Chesney fans) It's just so formulaic and prescribed. Not one note sounds like a genuine piece of music derived from the soul. Just all predetermined notes designed to please as many ears as possible.

It's all garbage.

The talent in Nashville is the song writers... and they're almost always not the performers these days. The same songs are marketed and sold by the song writing community to both pop and country musicians. If country, they'll change the key, maybe slow it down, add some twang, and voila... "country"

The talent in Nashville is the song writers... and they're almost always not the performers these days. The same songs are marketed and sold by the song writing community to both pop and country musicians. If country, they'll change the key, maybe slow it down, add some twang, and voila... "country"

To quote dark, it's all garbage. Yet so many people I know eat this up. I honestly feel bad for them. They are being spoon fed crap and are ingesting it by the heap full.

Just read an article in which Maynard James Keenan puts out a plea to the rest of Tool to finish the new album, already. Having waited twelve years, it had best be good...

I’ve read a similar article. I have no doubt it will be good. It’s not like it’s a group of drug addled hosers.

Lateralus and 10,000 Days were both epic IMO.

No doubts about their new endeavor.

Can’t wait.

I’ve read a similar article. I have no doubt it will be good. It’s not like it’s a group of drug addled hosers.

Lateralus and 10,000 Days were both epic IMO.

No doubts about their new endeavor.

Can’t ###### wait.

Lateralus may have been the absolute pinnacle of human achievement. I'm not kidding.

So about a decade younger than me. I'll take Mer de Noms for 1000 in the better than tool albums category Alex.

I have grown to love Mer de Noms. But I saw APC open for Nine Inch Nails before the album came out, and left with the impression that they were pretty much fake Tool trying to convince us all that they are not fake Tool. Took me awhile to come around...