The Music Thread

darksabre

Heard that Beyonce played Coachella. WTF. This used to be a cool festival. It'll be like the Grammys soon with no actual rock in sight. Shite.

Coachella still has plenty of good rock music. Some of my favorite up and coming bands played this year. Nothing can stay punk rock forever.

Also Beyonce's performance was great. I watched a decent amount of it. She's incredible.

Coachella still has plenty of good rock music. Some of my favorite up and coming bands played this year. Nothing can stay punk rock forever.

Also Beyonce's performance was great. I watched a decent amount of it. She's incredible.

Well looking at the lineup it does seem to be the grammys crowd now. Truthfully I'd always thought it was more of a rock crowd but maybe I'm mistaken. I never was into the grammy type music. I agree Beyonce looks great and is all woman but not my thing musically.

Well looking at the lineup it does seem to be the grammys crowd now. Truthfully I'd always thought it was more of a rock crowd but maybe I'm mistaken. I never was into the grammy type music. I agree Beyonce looks great and is all woman but not my thing musically.

It used to be more indie for sure. But now it's popular and that's how things go. It got too big and mainstream. There's probably some other hip festival out there now :lol:

Oh well in that case yeah I'm going lol

It was less than half a mile. A nice summer walk. And it was free because I volunteered to work my school's booth there. I never once made it into the booth! Sorry Catholic school, ICP is on and Korn is coming up...I'm gonna be over there!

GA's New Wave thread has be digging UB40 again.

This one is one of my favourites and shows everything that I love about the UBs.  Great harmony vocals from the Campbell brothers.  Great drum beat and fantastic horn section.  It is worth noting that both of the Campbell brothers are left handed.

It was less than half a mile. A nice summer walk. And it was free because I volunteered to work my school's booth there. I never once made it into the booth! Sorry Catholic school, ICP is on and Korn is coming up...I'm gonna be over there!

I knew we had some juggalos around here

This kid - Lindsey Jordan - is around the age of my oldest kid, and it was the latter who introduced me to the former. She records as Snail Mail (no idea why). I enjoyed her sound from the get-go -- and now she's looking to break through with a goofy hockey-themed music video. Go get it, kid.

This kid - Lindsey Jordan - is around the age of my oldest kid, and it was the latter who introduced me to the former. She records as Snail Mail (no idea why). I enjoyed her sound from the get-go -- and now she's looking to break through with a goofy hockey-themed music video. Go get it, kid.

Finally had a chance to check this out. Born in 1999! Yeesh! Kids!

Her EP and a live album are on Amazon. Her vocal stylings remind me of Patterson Hood from Drive by Truckers mixed with Karen O?