[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

He's three games into his NFL career, at a position where there is a steep learning curve. Most rookie WR's don't contribute a lot until year two or three. With the way Evans, Reed and Parrish are playing they are OK letting Hardy learn and work his way in.

He'll be fine.

YOu are probably right...dropped passes from a guy known for catchng everything in college, though is a little disconcerning.

YOu are probably right...dropped passes from a guy known for catchng everything in college, though is a little disconcerning.

Watch the replay of his touchdown catch against Jacksonville. Great catch w/ his hands, but how he got both feet in the endzone was incredible. Nuff said.

Meh...I don't see one dropped pass as a big deal. Bigger stage, trying to make a play before he got the ball. If it becomes a pattern as the season wears on, then I'll be worried. Right now it's a rookie mistake.

Meh...I don't see one dropped pass as a big deal. Bigger stage, trying to make a play before he got the ball. If it becomes a pattern as the season wears on, then I'll be worried. Right now it's a rookie mistake.

Kinda like when TO spiked the ball after he made the catch and no one touched him which ended up being a fumble to the other team.

Kinda like when TO spiked the ball after he made the catch and no one touched him which ended up being a fumble to the other team.

NBD, but I think it was Plaxico in Pittsburgh his rookie year. I guess we can add Desean Jackson to that list. I tell you, if Westbrook or anyone else got hurt on the ensuing goal-line play, someone should have taken him out to the woodshed.

Took you almost two hours to come up with that retort, and I'm the one in preseason mode. :lol: OK, whatever.

Guess you also missed the word "COULD" huh? Maybe you need a thicker set of glasses. Or maybe not. Maybe you're happiest when you've got something to piss and moan about. I don't know.

Either way, I couldn't care less anymore. I'm not going to keep getting drawn into these pissing contests with you.

I guarantee you that's a contest you will always lose. :censored:

I've been heartbroken by this team too many times to really get excited about anything the Bills do. I was devastated by the 03 (?) season ending loss to the Steelers third stringers. I wanted to never root for them again following that day. Of course, starting the following seaon I jumped back on but my feelings were different. I was more numb to the team, as if they weren't my team but just a team I followed. I've come to embrace the Bills once again but it may take a SuperBowl victory for me to really put the past behind me.

I think you have a legion of fans who feel the same way.

Having said that, the Bills should not have won Games 2 & 3. Coming through in a clutch performance the way the Bills did might hearken back to the days of Brian Sipe and the Cleveland Browns.

Bulger being replaced by Green...better, worse or no difference?

I think St. Louis will do some what better w/ Green at the helm. He threw for over 4,000 yards w/ the offensive coordinator he had in Kansas. The same OC is now is St. Louis. Now, things could get worse for the Rams, because they are changing more than their QB position. Supposedly, they are making a number of changes to their style of play and they are also moving players around.

I just hope Buffalo plays w/ the fire they had during the 4th quarter. It seemed as if the Bills over looked the Raiders and they almost paid darely for it. I'm thinking Dick Jauron will get the Bills heads on straight and get them to realize every game in the NFL is a playoff game. This is a MUST win for the Bills. The AFC east is shaken up and I'm curious to see if the Patriots will play just like they against the Dolphins. I wonder if teams will follow the Dolphins style of play against the Pats.

I don't know what the all time record is, but from my own memory of things, Buffalo has historically played poorly in the state of Missouri. I remember it like it was yesterday. The Cardinals starting QB went down (Hart??) and a virtual unknown would start against a pretty good Bills team. Needless to say, Buffalo flopped and the career of one Neil Lomax was launched.

Winless teams are THE scariest teams in the NFL to play. Ask the Baltimore Ravens last year when the played the winless Fins..

Green is old. The O-line isn't playing well. Larry Johnson isn't on track and Dwayne Bowe is the go-to receiver. SO why does this game make me nervous?

laughing at a guy who corrects you. Very weird sense of humor...

I always laugh when posters forgo reality. If that was a Jaguar receiver he would be posting he was out of bounds. I have the game on Tivo and looked at it several times. His toe hits the chalk. It was close and if it had been ruled out on the field it would have been upheld. Don't get wrong, I'm glad the ref blew the call and Bills are 3-0. Let's just not pretend the Bills didn't get a huge break there.

Bulger being replaced by Green...better, worse or no difference?

Green won't make the o-line any better and he won't help the defense either. The Rams problems go far beyond the QB position. This is just an example of a coach and front office throwing a QB under the bus to deflect blame from the horrible job they did putting a team together.

That said, if the Bills offense plays the first three quarters the same as they did last week? We all better hope Edwards has another comeback in him.

I always laugh when posters forgo reality. If that was a Jaguar receiver he would be posting he was out of bounds. I have the game on Tivo and looked at it several times. His toe hits the chalk. It was close and if it had been ruled out on the field it would have been upheld. Don't get wrong, I'm glad the ref blew the call and Bills are 3-0. Let's just not pretend the Bills didn't get a huge break there.

You can see a different camera view that wasn't shown during the game here at the 3:39 mark and again at the end: http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80ae50e8

I have to say it looks to me like he didn't get that second foot in, but my guess is they called it inconclusive.

Archived