[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

I always laugh when posters forgo reality. If that was a Jaguar receiver he would be posting he was out of bounds. I have the game on Tivo and looked at it several times. His toe hits the chalk. It was close and if it had been ruled out on the field it would have been upheld. Don't get wrong, I'm glad the ref blew the call and Bills are 3-0. Let's just not pretend the Bills didn't get a huge break there.

There is an NFL films video out there that shows he didn't.

Edit: Juju posted the same video and said he was out... I think he was just in.

There is an NFL films video out there that shows he didn't.

Edit: Juju posted the same video and said he was out... I think he was just in.

FYI - your link didn't work - too many http//'s.

Anyway I tend to agree with you -- I think he was in, but his white spikes and the white OB line make it difficult to be sure.

Even if it was a blown call by the refs, who cares. We've gotten hosed on so many calls over the years that it's about time that the bad calls start evening out.

I always laugh when posters forgo reality. If that was a Jaguar receiver he would be posting he was out of bounds. I have the game on Tivo and looked at it several times. His toe hits the chalk. It was close and if it had been ruled out on the field it would have been upheld. Don't get wrong, I'm glad the ref blew the call and Bills are 3-0. Let's just not pretend the Bills didn't get a huge break there.

That is your opinion of what that particular member would've been posting. That is a simple stereotype. Also, the NFL tends to have more angles to look at than we, including you and Tivo, do. The ref was staring at the "chalk" and he ruled Hardy was in for a touchdown. The NFL backed it up w/ its video review. The Bills did not get a huge break.

You simply defined yourself w/ your "posters forgoing reality" remark.

At least you didn't sit Ronnie Brown last week. (Neither did I, but there are several people I know who did, ouch).

Well that's a HUGE blow to special teams. Son of a biitch!

I wouldn't call it a huge blow. I fully expect McKelvin to fill in quite adequately.

Roscoe has been going off. Every time the Bills forced a punt and Roscoe was back to return it I felt excitement EACH time. I never felt that way about a Bills returner before.

At least you didn't sit Ronnie Brown last week. (Neither did I, but there are several people I know who did, ouch).

I did. But I had on paper much better options than him. He had a freak week he won't soon repeat. Ricky Williams kills his value.

Roscoe has been going off. Every time the Bills forced a punt and Roscoe was back to return it I felt excitement EACH time. I never felt that way about a Bills returner before.

It's certainly a blow, but I was keying off "huge". I think McKelvin will keep our return game near the top of the league.

I wouldn't call it a huge blow. I fully expect McKelvin to fill in quite adequately.

It's not a HUGE blow, but it is a SIGNIFICANT blow. Forget the returns, he was the 2nd or 3rd receiver on a team with very little talent past that. Hardy couldn't even get on the field the first three games for any significant playing time.

Our receiver talent is mighty thin:

Evans, Reed, Hardy, (TWO receptions in rookie season) Parrish, Jenkins (ZERO receptions in three seasons) and Johnson (Zero receptions in rookie season).

We can't afford another injury at receiver. Time for Hardy to grow up quick.

I've changed my mind... This is a HUGE blow.

It's not a HUGE blow, but it is a SIGNIFICANT blow. Forget the returns, he was the 2nd or 3rd receiver on a team with very little talent past that. Hardy couldn't even get on the field the first three games for any significant playing time.

Our receiver talent is mighty thin:

Evans, Reed, Hardy, (TWO receptions in rookie season) Parrish, Jenkins (ZERO receptions in three seasons) and Johnson (Zero receptions in rookie season).

We can't afford another injury at receiver. Time for Hardy to grow up quick.

I've changed my mind... This is a HUGE blow.

Now THAT is a valid concern. It'll be interesting to see how the offense deals with a loss like that. All the more reason we need the O-line to get better at run blocking.

I'm figuring that if DJ wins the coin toss this week, he doesn't defer until the second. I know this is a dome, so wind isn't a concern. The decision would be made for field position. He had to be dying a slow death last week watching the Raiders run that opening kickoff deep into Buffalo territory. That threw the team off from the get go.

The Bills had a GREAT opening drive against Jacksonville and Buffalo is playing the Rams on Sunday. Since the Rams are so bad on defense, I think DJ should go w/ the offense to open the game, if they win the toss. Buffalo shouldn't give the Rams a glimmer of hope. You know St. Louis would love to play spoiler or put a dent in the armor. Plus, the Rams are going to be playing a lot of pride.

I'm kind of glad the Bills appeared to overlook the Raiders. I think that was a legitimate wake up call. Any given Sunday...

Buffalo almost lost a game they shouldn't have last week. The Bills need to play as if it were a playoff game. Shiit, every game in the NFL season is a playoff game. Buffalo needs to hit them hard and hit them EARLY.

Buffalo almost lost a game they shouldn't have last week. The Bills need to play as if it were a playoff game. Shiit, every game in the NFL season is a playoff game. Buffalo needs to hit them hard and hit them EARLY.

Hopefully last week's struggles against Oakland taught them a valuable lesson - that they cannot take anyone lightly and can't look past anyone. If they didn't learn that lesson they'll be 3-1 after today's game.

Of course my main concern is the Bills simply winning today, but I want them to get the running game established. W/ Parrish out, the running game needs to kick it into another gear. It'll be interesting to see if Hardy can step it up. I'm also wondering how McKelvin will do on special teams. Parrish was wicked in that department.

Archived