Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I think I have officially become my new company's bitch. I hope they hire some random people so I can move up the ladder a bit.

I feel like that now, even though I've been here for 4+ years.

My boss' boss wants me to start doing the paper-pushing for small projects that I'm handling. I want to upgrade/install the firewall, not write up the proposal, tell upper mgmt what this is about and why we have to do it, and arrange meetings for it.

Agreed I dislike then when someone in front of me at a store gets a pack of gum and asks for a bag.

Asking is one thing - it is the auto gum-in-the-bag reflex from the cashiers that I dislike. I mean, if I carry a loaf of bread in my hand or I carry a bag with a loaf of bread in it - what is the difference? :unsure:

Asking is one thing - it is the auto gum-in-the-bag reflex from the cashiers that I dislike. I mean, if I carry a loaf of bread in my hand or I carry a bag with a loaf of bread in it - what is the difference? :unsure:

Like when people want their gallon of milk in a bag. It already has a fu@k!ng handle you idiot!! :wallbash:

Like when people want their gallon of milk in a bag. It already has a fu@k!ng handle you idiot!! :wallbash:

I always have to wrestle the damn things away from the cashier at the store by me. They just can't seem to get the fact that it's a hell of a lot easier to carry the thing by a handle than it is to carry it in a plastic bag. Hell, they're essentially to heavy for the bag in the first place.

I feel like that now, even though I've been here for 4+ years.

My boss' boss wants me to start doing the paper-pushing for small projects that I'm handling. I want to upgrade/install the firewall, not write up the proposal, tell upper mgmt what this is about and why we have to do it, and arrange meetings for it.

well if you dont do the write up etc they dont feel important, they dont understand ###### about what your doing but need to feel they are in the know. In the meantime it will take you 1/10th of the time that you will take writing it up and educating them to do the damn job :wallbash: :wallbash:

I wish more places would do that. Why generate trash for something you can hold in your hand? I refuse bags as often as I can.

This has driven me crazy for decades. :thumbsup:

My complaint - "Take your kids to work day". It's not bad enough that I will never be able to take my kid to work, but if I did, she would be way better behaved than some of these monsters.

This has driven me crazy for decades. :thumbsup:

My complaint - "Take your kids to work day". It's not bad enough that I will never be able to take my kid to work, but if I did, she would be way better behaved than some of these monsters.

is that today?

That's a trick question. The answer is a bag of course..

I disagree with this one in full. I always get milk in a bag. The gallon will tend to sweat, and if you put it in your trunk without a bag, it can roll around and pick up every little piece of grime and grit in there. Plus, if the seal is broken at all, it will leak all over the place. At least the bag gives you a shot at preventing a mess.

I disagree with this one in full. I always get milk in a bag. The gallon will tend to sweat, and if you put it in your trunk without a bag, it can roll around and pick up every little piece of grime and grit in there. Plus, if the seal is broken at all, it will leak all over the place. At least the bag gives you a shot at preventing a mess.

Thank you! I was starting to think I was the only one who got my milk in a bag. I'm usually carrying a ton of groceries too, so it makes it much easier to carry.

I also recycle my plastic bags at the store. Or I use them as padding in packages or when I'm moving. They're good for that.

well if you dont do the write up etc they dont feel important, they dont understand ###### about what your doing but need to feel they are in the know. In the meantime it will take you 1/10th of the time that you will take writing it up and educating them to do the damn job :wallbash: :wallbash:

Bingo. The problem comes in where I'm the one person in my unit (outside of my manager) who understands best how to communicate with people and what should be done for certain processes. I don't think they realize that I'm also an engineer and don't want anything to do with being in charge.

The other problem is that our old boss retired almost three years ago and my current boss hates being the one in charge. Of course, the old boss' position never got re-filled, so my current boss is the one holding the bag and has to do all of the paperwork crap. She knows I hate that with a passion, but it's her immediate supervisor that wants me in on this stuff. Upper mgmt is trying to turn the techie/engineer guys into half project manager, half engineer. Meanwhile, there would be nobody left doing the real work.

Last fall my company laid off a fellow manager in a department that works very close with mine. She was a fantastic worker, organized, had turned the department around....and was laid off because she didn't have the exact training and background they wanted for a new program they were supposed to roll out.

They replaced her with a guy who was already struggling working at a smaller branch but had the background they wanted. They didn't move him to our branch, they added ours and another branch to his areas of responsibility.

Fast-forward six months and we find out that he is unorganized, lacks any sort of common sense, is difficult to work with, communicates poorly, and is argumentative when you point out problems or holes in his ideas. Oh, and he has already lost one of the branches he oversaw because of similar issues there. Every day I am battling him on stupid little things that should be no-brainers but he is too thick-headed to understand what we're trying to tell him.

Oh, and the program they wanted to roll out that led to the dismissal of the more qualified incumbent manager? Never put in place at our branch, so they replaced the competent person for no reason.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Last fall my company laid off a fellow manager in a department that works very close with mine. She was a fantastic worker, organized, had turned the department around....and was laid off because she didn't have the exact training and background they wanted for a new program they were supposed to roll out.

They replaced her with a guy who was already struggling working at a smaller branch but had the background they wanted. They didn't move him to our branch, they added ours and another branch to his areas of responsibility.

Fast-forward six months and we find out that he is unorganized, lacks any sort of common sense, is difficult to work with, communicates poorly, and is argumentative when you point out problems or holes in his ideas. Oh, and he has already lost one of the branches he oversaw because of similar issues there. Every day I am battling him on stupid little things that should be no-brainers but he is too thick-headed to understand what we're trying to tell him.

Oh, and the program they wanted to roll out that led to the dismissal of the more qualified incumbent manager? Never put in place at our branch, so they replaced the competent person for no reason.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

He'll be a VP before you know it.

it got unlocked but now its friday thats my complaint grrrrr well its still thursday on the west coast so w/e

I'm here with ya.

First week off since December, and last week off till August. Instead of spending it with my kids, I spent it fine tuning a manuscript and jumping into two other projects. Now it's the end of the week, and filled with Sam Adams and regret.

I hate when every f#n kid around where i live wants to come f#n play right next to my f#n truck.I pay good money to have a nice truck and every damn kid needs to ride there bike and throw ball and throw rocks and carry sticks and ride skateboards and every damn thing else they can do right by it...Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!dents cost money!!!!!######!!!!!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I hate when every f#n kid around where i live wants to come f#n play right next to my f#n truck.I pay good money to have a nice truck and every damn kid needs to ride there bike and throw ball and throw rocks and carry sticks and ride skateboards and every damn thing else they can do right by it...Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!dents cost money!!!!!######!!!!!!!! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Easy solution: kill them.

The Buffalo Skyway. What a blight on the skyline of Buffalo. I should probably put this in the Ted Black thread because I truly believe that it has a negative effect on the gameday experience.

I hate the term Nation. as in Red Sox Nation, Bills Nation, Redskin Nation.

I hate the term Sabre Nation.....hate the phrase......let's be something else.

Suggestion.....Call the fans the Hilt. The base of the Sabre.

Our Hilt. The Sabres Hilt.

I like it. I'm sending it in.