Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Please, Jack Daniels isn't even that good. It might be the most overrated liquor on the market.

I think that honor should be reserved for Absolut vodka. Great marketing, but the stuff tastes like rubbing alcohol. And in the spirit of the complaint thread, I have an Absolut Komplaint:

I used to work in a restaurant, and one evening this guy and his girlfriend come in and sit in my section. I take their drink orders, and I forget what she ordered but he asked for a martini (up) with Absolut vodka. I resist the urge to mock him and get their drinks as requested. The next time I'm going past the table, the guy flags me down to ask me to get a new martini because the vodka was "bruised" from the bartender shaking it before pouring. Really, dude... really? You're drinking Absolut and you wanna try and act fancy and complain your sh!tty vodka has been "bruised"? Douchebag.

• Like (+1) 1

I think that honor should be reserved for Absolut vodka. Great marketing, but the stuff tastes like rubbing alcohol. And in the spirit of the complaint thread, I have an Absolut Komplaint:

I used to work in a restaurant, and one evening this guy and his girlfriend come in and sit in my section. I take their drink orders, and I forget what she ordered but he asked for a martini (up) with Absolut vodka. I resist the urge to mock him and get their drinks as requested. The next time I'm going past the table, the guy flags me down to ask me to get a new martini because the vodka was "bruised" from the bartender shaking it before pouring. Really, dude... really? You're drinking Absolut and you wanna try and act fancy and complain your sh!tty vodka has been "bruised"? Douchebag.

Haha okay you win. I definitely like Jack more than absolut. And that story is typical of Vodka people. I find whisky/ey drinkers tend to be less snobbish and douchey. Vodka drinkers like to think they're special. And gin drinkers are just busy enjoying their gin and they don't care what you think, because it tastes good to them.

• Like (+1) 1

If you would like his email to send him a message please PM me. He is fine, but he's been put in "timeout" so to speak. Happens to the best of us.

I just wanted to make sure he is ok....or to know what could he have possibly done to get booted after everything that has been said here over the years. If he's in Tailand getting a rubdown from Koi Koi...then good for him.

Haha okay you win. I definitely like Jack more than absolut. And that story is typical of Vodka people. I find whisky/ey drinkers tend to be less snobbish and douchey. Vodka drinkers like to think they're special. And gin drinkers are just busy enjoying their gin and they don't care what you think, because it tastes good to them.

I went to a wedding just outside of Nashville and I have never looked at JD the same way.

Drink whatever makes you happy. I find gin relaxing but most people think it's jet fuel.

I just wanted to make sure he is ok....or to know what could he have possibly done to get booted after everything that has been said here over the years. If he's in Tailand getting a rubdown from Koi Koi...then good for him.

If that's the mental picture you want, more power to you haha but yes he's fine and enjoying spring in the rustbelt like most of us.

I went to a wedding just outside of Nashville and I have never looked at JD the same way.

Drink whatever makes you happy. I find gin relaxing but most people think it's jet fuel.

I love gin. It's been a while since I've had any. It was my drink of choice for quite some time. Bombay Saphire and some ginger ale and I'm a happy camper. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle for these coming spring days. Gin always makes me think of spring.

I can't get excited about beginning the hot stove discussions, especially when there is almost no chance the Sabres will get Richards.

I hate talking hockey in this thread, but I'll say it. Trade market. There are too many defensive prospects in this organization right now for something not to happen.

I hate all the I hate miller threads or posts in other threads that are everywhere... 2 shutouts wasnt enough huh? Briere shot it into miller, it had nothing to do with miller's challenging him and having good position? SHANK ME ALREADY :death:

As for a real complaint I have been sick for a week with an upper respiratory tract infection and finally went to the doctors and found out I need antibiotics so screw you cold!

My buddies wedding was a gigantic fiasco. No one measured the runner so the groomsmen looked like tools when they just kept rolling it out. The DJ got drunk. The same DJ called my buddy on his wedding night complaining he got charged 48$ for drinks from the bar when he was told it turned into a cash bar after the brides father stopped his tab at 9oclock. The maid of honor left before the bride. The maid of honor did nothing at all and was basically worthless. And I was sick the entire day and night and was the only person making sure that the wedding appeared to go smooth. O and the preacher talked for 45minutes and half of his speech seem to revolve around the bride remember to submit to her husband which made me almost laugh out loud... GIANT FREAKING CATASTROPHE! :censored:

• Like (+1) 2

I hate talking hockey in this thread, but I'll say it. Trade market. There are too many defensive prospects in this organization right now for something not to happen.

I agree, and I think there will be a trade. I just can't get excited about it right now, especially since nothing will happen for another 8 weeks or so and I have no idea which difference-makers will be available in trade.

Hop on my bandwagon. I assume the youngsters with NHL experience have more trade value, but something has to give.

Weber

Butler

Sekera

Gragnani

Scheistel

Crawford

Biega

Brennan

McNabb

Pysyk

...and probably a couple of lower rated prospects I forgot about.

Tim Horton's pisses me off, but at the same time I find myself going back again and again. If you order a single item from them(bagel, breakfast sandwich, etc...) they refuse to put the item in a bag(this has become common place at all their locations over the last 6 months). Also, the napkins they use can be compared to Kleenex.

How high do profits have to get, before you begin spending some of them?

:angry:

Tim Horton's pisses me off, but at the same time I find myself going back again and again. If you order a single item from them(bagel, breakfast sandwich, etc...) they refuse to put the item in a bag(this has become common place at all their locations over the last 6 months). Also, the napkins they use can be compared to Kleenex.

How high do profits have to get, before you begin spending some of them?

:angry:

I wish more places would do that. Why generate trash for something you can hold in your hand? I refuse bags as often as I can.