Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The weather for most of the past week has been absolutely miserable.

Try dealing with it while getting a new roof put on your house. What should have taken one day turned into three very stressful days of me walking around my house nervously staring at my ceilings.

Turned out fine though, no leaks and it looks beautiful. :thumbsup:

My annual Bills road trip game/weekend is this Sunday and I am pretty sure I can expect to NOT see anything resembling football and since they put that crazy border restriction in we :pirate: can't even go to the ballet w/o a passport.

An old friend of mine passed away over the weekend. We weren't the best of friends but we used to hang quite a bit back in the day. We were kinda always at odds as we frquented the same locations trolling for chicks. A lot of common history if you know what I mean. I feel like we never resolved our differences and now we can't.

About 3 months ago, I had tentatively scheduled a Buffalo Sports Weekend for this weekend. Had it planned out, was going with my sister, going to stay with some relatives, catch up with old friends, and see the Sabres and Bills...

...until the Wife reminded me shortly thereafter that I was in my friend's "wedding" on Sunday. Luckily, I hadn't bought tickets yet. I have been bitter about this "wedding" for a while, because they are already married. They got married on 10/10/09, and then planned a complete wedding ceremony for 10/10/10. Spent almost 10k on it. I mean, I am in no place to tell anyone what to do with their money, but it seems like a colossal waste when you have already been married for a year.

I barehand slapshots out of the air and I'm a forward. Get over it Mr. fully padded guy.

hey I'm not saying it bothers me, I'm just saying it was a poor choice on my part. You should see the welts on my thighs. The only reason I don't get better pants is because I think they look cool.

Open for business. No complaints today, except for the fact that I made a halloween party invitation and neglected to put a "sluttiest costume wins" disclaimer at the bottom.

I did use mac pages for the first time though to generate the card. Definitely no complaints there. It's an easy program to use and its just as effective as MS Word.

Fire drill at the office planned this am, have to walk down 21 flights of stairs and then several blocks in rainy weather to prove we know what to do in a disaster, said plan it to take 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. Hell I know what to do if there's a disaster, you just better get out of my way ala George Costanza, I'll crawl over your a$$ and leave nothing but my boot prints on your back on my way out.

While they're not a close friend of mine, hearing that someone I know had a bout with cancer is pretty sobering. It puts everything into perspective.

Just this year my sister came down with breast cancer, my uncle with prostate cancer, my mother was just diagnosed with leukemia a few weeks ago, and on Monday my wife's two aunts were trucked over by a landscaping truck in PA.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/25354606/detail.html

I win? :thumbdown:

Just this year my sister came down with breast cancer, my uncle with prostate cancer, my mother was just diagnosed with a leukemia a few weeks ago, and on Monday my wife's two aunts were trucked over by a landscaping truck in PA.

I guess so, Scott...but that's not a contest you want to win. Very sorry to hear that. My prayers go out to everyone in your family.

Just this year my sister came down with breast cancer, my uncle with prostate cancer, my mother was just diagnosed with leukemia a few weeks ago, and on Monday my wife's two aunts were trucked over by a landscaping truck in PA.

Best of luck to you. Stuff like this always reminds me of just how stupid most of my complaints in here are.