Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Just this year my sister came down with breast cancer, my uncle with prostate cancer, my mother was just diagnosed with leukemia a few weeks ago, and on Monday my wife's two aunts were trucked over by a landscaping truck in PA.

http://www.thepittsb...606/detail.html

I win? :thumbdown:

:cry:

I'd vote to close this thread until next week. All in favor say I

But there's always a place for the stupid complaints. It adds some laughs from time to time.

And here's my stupid complaint of the week. I was killing a penalty in my hockey game the other night when we took another penalty. I went to touch up the puck in the corner to get the whistle, but decided to wait as long as I could. This guy on the other team (a complete ringer, by the way, playing in a C league when he was an A level player) skates up and starts yelling at me for just standing there, calling it lazy hockey. Newsflash idiot, we're about to go down two men. I'm not touching the puck because I want to kill as much time off that first penalty as possible. You may be a good player, but you're an absolute idiot.

But there's always a place for the stupid complaints. It adds some laughs from time to time.

And here's my stupid complaint of the week. I was killing a penalty in my hockey game the other night when we took another penalty. I went to touch up the puck in the corner to get the whistle, but decided to wait as long as I could. This guy on the other team (a complete ringer, by the way, playing in a C league when he was an A level player) skates up and starts yelling at me for just standing there, calling it lazy hockey. Newsflash idiot, we're about to go down two men. I'm not touching the puck because I want to kill as much time off that first penalty as possible. You may be a good player, but you're an absolute idiot.

Gotta love it.

In a similar vein, at RIT we rent ice time on Thursday nights to get together as a group of friends and play hockey. We get a lot of people that want to come and play but we have to turn a lot away because it's not really an "open" session. It's reserved for regulars and if we have space on a particular night we'll let less frequent fliers or new people in. A few weeks back we had a kid (who, over the course of a year of us doing this, I had never seen before) show up wanting to play net. All well and good except for the fact that we already had one goalie and I was almost fully dressed as the second netminder. And I don't share icetime when I'm in net. If he had gotten to the arena on time I would have deferred the goaltending to him and just played out which I also like doing, but it was ten minutes before we were on the ice which was well past the cutoff time for claiming the two goaltender spots. So he goes and tells the guy who organizes it that he's going to suit up to play out, which our organizer allows. The kid then proceeds to suit up and come out in goalie gear.

Needless to say, I'm standing my ground. I will not be cycling out when a goal is scored. I'm not here to sit on a bench. It's a private session, not stick-puck at the local barn.

About 10 minutes in I get scored on. Kid comes skatin' out and I tell him to go back where he came from. He gets in my face, telling me how much better he is than me, and that I already let in 2 (not 1) sh*tty goals, acting like he's entitled to ice time. Our organizer has to come over and basically tell him that he was told to suit up to play out, not net, and that if I don't want to sub out I don't have to. He storms back to the bench in a fury and makes remarks that I am a "washed up hack" to my friends on the bench.

It's good to know that at some point in the 10 months I've been playing net that I had already climbed to such a high level of ability, that I was able to fall to the level of washed-up. I suppose retirement and a coaching gig is next for this 23 year old ex-pro. :D

Fire drill at the office planned this am, have to walk down 21 flights of stairs and then several blocks in rainy weather to prove we know what to do in a disaster, said plan it to take 1-1/2 to 2 hrs. Hell I know what to do if there's a disaster, you just better get out of my way ala George Costanza, I'll crawl over your a$$ and leave nothing but my boot prints on your back on my way out.

So essentially you are complaining about getting paid for not working for 2 hours? Priorities man.

Just this year my sister came down with breast cancer, my uncle with prostate cancer, my mother was just diagnosed with leukemia a few weeks ago, and on Monday my wife's two aunts were trucked over by a landscaping truck in PA.

http://www.thepittsb...606/detail.html

Damn! Sorry to hear that.

Lately, I keep going on dates which generally are going very well... until I run into a group of old friends who decide it would be a great idea to pull up chairs and hang out. And I'm obviously on a date, with a girl they've never met, and I've been single since January so I have legitimate work to do and they know this. These "friends" then steer the conversation into all sorts of wretched avenues (sharting, for example). Invariably, someone asks my date, "how long have you guys been dating?", which on a first date is about as awkward as a b0ner in sweatpants. And it's not just dudes doing this to me.

This is what it's like living in a small city where everyone knows everyone. As much as I hate dating scenes in general, I think I miss the dating scene in Roc city even more than I miss garbage plates.

Lately, I keep going on dates which generally are going very well... until I run into a group of old friends who decide it would be a great idea to pull up chairs and hang out. And I'm obviously on a date, with a girl they've never met, and I've been single since January so I have legitimate work to do and they know this. These "friends" then steer the conversation into all sorts of wretched avenues (sharting, for example). Invariably, someone asks my date, "how long have you guys been dating?", which on a first date is about as awkward as a b0ner in sweatpants. And it's not just dudes doing this to me.

This is what it's like living in a small city where everyone knows everyone. As much as I hate dating scenes in general, I think I miss the dating scene in Roc city even more than I miss garbage plates.

I always cringe at the thought of a girl meeting certain friends of mine. One in particular always goes out of his way to make things awkward. There are at least two stories of people walking out after meeting him.

I always cringe at the thought of a girl meeting certain friends of mine. One in particular always goes out of his way to make things awkward. There are at least two stories of people walking out after meeting him.

I call it "dating by fire". I introduce all my friends fairly early on. If she can't handle them, so be it. It's just going to cause drama down the line if she doesn't like them. (I can't believe you hang out with that guy, etc, etc,) For that matter, we discuss 'big' things right away too. There's no point dating someone that does/doesn't want to get married, kids, move, motorcycle, etc. It's something of a low-key speed-dating approach.

Complaint: I've been in a funk all week. No energy, no time, no motivation.

I call it "dating by fire". I introduce all my friends fairly early on. If she can't handle them, so be it. It's just going to cause drama down the line if she doesn't like them. (I can't believe you hang out with that guy, etc, etc,) For that matter, we discuss 'big' things right away too. There's no point dating someone that does/doesn't want to get married, kids, move, motorcycle, etc. It's something of a low-key speed-dating approach.

Complaint: I've been in a funk all week. No energy, no time, no motivation.

The friend I'm talking about is the guy I really don't want to be around either. So I won't expose anyone to that unless absolutely necessary.

And your complaint sounds a lot like me over the last 2 weeks. It's a blast, isn't it?

The friend I'm talking about is the guy I really don't want to be around either. So I won't expose anyone to that unless absolutely necessary.

And your complaint sounds a lot like me over the last 2 weeks. It's a blast, isn't it?

yeah, a blast. Monday I took a really nice route from Binghamton to Philly (7 hours, all back roads), but it's been downhill since then.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/25354606/detail.html

Good luck Scott.

There are many days (like today) where i feel my complaints are just too heavy to put here. But when I read posts like these-

Gotta love it.

In a similar vein, at RIT we rent ice time on Thursday nights to get together as a group of friends and play hockey. We get a lot of people that want to come and play but we have to turn a lot away because it's not really an "open" session. It's reserved for regulars and if we have space on a particular night we'll let less frequent fliers or new people in. A few weeks back we had a kid (who, over the course of a year of us doing this, I had never seen before) show up wanting to play net. All well and good except for the fact that we already had one goalie and I was almost fully dressed as the second netminder. And I don't share icetime when I'm in net. If he had gotten to the arena on time I would have deferred the goaltending to him and just played out which I also like doing, but it was ten minutes before we were on the ice which was well past the cutoff time for claiming the two goaltender spots. So he goes and tells the guy who organizes it that he's going to suit up to play out, which our organizer allows. The kid then proceeds to suit up and come out in goalie gear.

Needless to say, I'm standing my ground. I will not be cycling out when a goal is scored. I'm not here to sit on a bench. It's a private session, not stick-puck at the local barn.

About 10 minutes in I get scored on. Kid comes skatin' out and I tell him to go back where he came from. He gets in my face, telling me how much better he is than me, and that I already let in 2 (not 1) sh*tty goals, acting like he's entitled to ice time. Our organizer has to come over and basically tell him that he was told to suit up to play out, not net, and that if I don't want to sub out I don't have to. He storms back to the bench in a fury and makes remarks that I am a "washed up hack" to my friends on the bench.

It's good to know that at some point in the 10 months I've been playing net that I had already climbed to such a high level of ability, that I was able to fall to the level of washed-up. I suppose retirement and a coaching gig is next for this 23 year old ex-pro. :D

- it makes me feel better and gives me a lift. I wish thoses were my complaints.

Then throw in this post -

- and it's impossible not to laugh once the word "sharting" is used.

I don't care if you live on Antarctica, there must be a place that you can go to that your buddies don't know about. Go there. Stop hanging out at your local with a new date. Problem solved.

I don't care if you live on Antarctica, there must be a place that you can go to that your buddies don't know about. Go there. Stop hanging out at your local with a new date. Problem solved.

That's like trying to quit drinking and going to you fav bar because you love the wings and bitching about the temptation.

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/25354606/detail.html

:( My condolances and prayers out to your wife and family SDS.

This is more of a frustration than a complaint, but here it goes...

So, next week, I referee my first ever ice hockey game. It is my first year of officiating with USA Hockey, so I am really friggin nervous. The rules and such aren't such a big problem, it's the skating. I pretty much have exclusively played organized roller hockey for about 10 years, with very limited Ice Hockey (It's not really big around here, as far as adult leagues and pickup games go.)

I can skate pretty well, but I am still learning the stopping thing. I'm fairly positive that most of the Mites that I ref next week will be better at stopping than I am.