Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Me, too! No explanation has been forthcoming, via PM or otherwise. And what Hank thread? The one that was eventually deleted when Pa threw a fit?

Normally I would send a PM, but since numerous inquiring minds want to know...

I have a complaint. As a moderator I delete a thread which several people clearly thought was in bad taste, and in turn, people complain. If I left the thread alone, other people would complain that the thread should be removed.

I can't win. :angry:

Several people being how many. Several peole also seemed to be having fun with it. And to make it all even funnier, rezlimey was lurking on the board today according to the list of people logged in at the bottom of the aud club.

So all it takes is a couple overly sensitive people and a thread gets closed out? Is that the standard? Did you read it? Were you offended? Did you deem it so offensive that it needed to be deleted?

I have a complaint. As a moderator I delete a thread which several people clearly thought was in bad taste, and in turn, people complain. If I left the thread alone, other people would complain that the thread should be removed.

You did the right thing.

And you're a Bills fan.

Pa bitched for 2 days before the other thread was closed. And yet the broads in the locker room thread remains open. I don't get the inconsistent enforcement of whatever passes for standards around here.

C'mon. You start a thread for the sole purpose of making fun of someones religious beliefs and you don't see what's wrong with that?

Several people being how many. Several peole also seemed to be having fun with it. And to make it all even funnier, rezlimey was lurking on the board today according to the list of people logged in at the bottom of the aud club.

So all it takes is a couple overly sensitive people and a thread gets closed out? Is that the standard? Did you read it? Were you offended? Did you deem it so offensive that it needed to be deleted?

I give up. I'll put it back and see how it plays out.

It only takes one whiner to ruin it for everyone.

But I deleted that thread...

[/deflect blame from fellow mod]

C'mon. You start a thread for the sole purpose of making fun of someones religious beliefs and you don't see what's wrong with that?

Not at all. Gently chide him for espousing those beliefs too vociferously, yes, but not making fun of his beliefs. And even that wasn't the sole purpose of the thread.

Rez limey was a lightning rod. He leaves here in a provocative fashion, and locks the thread on his way out. He all but invited this thread, I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to post it.

Was the poll in bad taste? Maybe - but it doesn't say anything that many posters haven't already said to him.

And the funniest part is Rez limey is still lurking on the site!

Not at all. Gently chide him for espousing those beliefs too vociferously, yes, but not making fun of his beliefs. And even that wasn't the sole purpose of the thread.

Rez limey was a lightning rod. He leaves here in a provocative fashion, and locks the thread on his way out. He all but invited this thread, I'm just surprised it took this long for someone to post it.

Was the poll in bad taste? Maybe - but it doesn't say anything that many posters haven't already said to him.

My complaint is I need a dictionary to read your post.

And all those gift avatars and I never got one! He's dead to me.

And all those gift avatars and I never got one! He's dead to me.

Right? I never got one either.

And to be fair, I sent him a PM wishing him well when I saw he had posted that thread. I think he thinks I hated him or something but I never had that much of a problem with him. There are certainly people here who drive me crazier than he did. The religious undertones just cast a shadow on otherwise decent posting.