Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

This is exactly what the vet went through after spelling out the costs to my wife:  he said that most people will not spend that much money on a dog.  Yes, it's a member of the family, but vets understand that most people don't have the resources for expensive treatments for a pet, and would never "Only a dog? :( " you.The funny thing is, Cookie has had lumps for years; they were a cysts just under her skin and 3 or 4 times we had them removed.  The first time they were checked for cancer and came back negative; after that we didn't pay the diagnostic fee.  This time, though, the wound didn't want to heal so we took her back and they did the test.  She's 12 and so far she's apparently not feeling pain.  She's acting normal (i.e., dumb as a brick, stubborn as a mule, but awfully sweet, as is the wont of beagles), wags her tail, enjoys her walks (as long as you go where *she* wants to go).  The vet said she probably has 6-12 months before things go downhill.  This has been my son's dog since he was a teenager, so this will be a tough thing for him to go through.  I kind of expect that he will want to be there if she has to be put down.

Sounds like my dog. Spent 2k to take a growth off that was cancerous. Vet gave him 6 months to live. Said I could do another surgery to scrape more tissue.. I didn’t do it. He was so lethargic for a few days I couldn’t put him through that again.

He’s still here. More than 2 years later. :)

As an introvert, I have fundamentally no idea how go about dating another introvert. Gender roles dictate I have to pursue, but man, it's gonna be ugly.

Look at her (I presume) shoes when you're talking to her; it's outgoing! :)

The Bills suck, the Sabres suck...the hell am I supposed to get my validation from??

As an introvert, I have fundamentally no idea how go about dating another introvert. Gender roles dictate I have to pursue, but man, it's gonna be ugly.

You're in good shape. Smart guy, good job, all you can do is try and strike out. Trust me, the best thing you can do is try. All it takes is one bite out of a thousand, and the more you try the easier it gets

I'm an extrovert True and it's not any easier. All we can do is try :)

Edited by WildCard

Someday I'm going to buy the right pair of hockey skates. I'm still trying to find a replacement for my crappy Vapors that I used all through college. First I ended up in new Vapors that were too big, then I ended up in Supremes that were too small. Now I'm standing at the hockey store waiting for a pair of Ribcores to get sharpened. I want to say these are finally the winners, but who the hell knows. But my broken feet from Monday sure feel a lot better in them, so we'll see.

Wish I could see more sabres games, I don't watch any sports besides NHL any more.

I know we suck at the moment, but I want to see more games and see this team get better.

This is my expectation every last two years and each year I hope for more, but this year struck me hard because we all are being let down more.

I'm going to be honest, when times got rough since I joined this forum, you guys always had humour, we could laugh it off, bad game again , tank mode whatever.

And I expected the same thing all over again this year, but seems we all had it rough lately, and my sabres sanctuary has an influx of pessimism I'm not used to.

The latest Influx is also affecting some of you old school people on here, and I hope we can all get through it soon.

Snapped at a co-worker today and had to apologize. He didn't do anything wrong, but he's got a customer that I hate dealing with and I took it out on him.

Been struggling to shake some tension lately. It's been going on a few weeks now where I feel like I'm just constantly clenching my teeth. Not sure what's driving it, probably a lot of things. I probably need a vacation  :lol: 

Going to try in earnest to start playing hockey again to see if it helps. Not sure how my injury from the summer will respond, but I'm at my wits end with not getting much exercise because of it. Bought a new jock that is a looser fit so hopefully that'll reduce my chances of any inflammation. Discovered that East Aurora's outdoor rink has a Monday night novice instructional league that runs 8-10pm and should be pretty low key, so I'm going to give that a shot Monday I think. 

Ugh. 

I've come pretty close to doing this myself lately. I had a vacation at the beginning of October and it took me less than 3 days to get completely frustrated with my co-workers after I came back. Seems like enough people around me are getting away with a bunch of things that they shouldn't - nothing worthy of termination, but things like not following the rules, not helping out when we need it, constantly asking favors of me & my group, and coming in late/leaving early. Crap like this keeps happening and mgmt can't seem to stop it.

I'm also doing a lot of after hours stuff - upgrades, replacements, etc. that IT guys have to do after hours. I worked 8 hours this past Sunday because of something we didn't expect - it was 4 more hours than I had planned on, but it just wore me out. It's getting to the point where I get my 6-7 hours of sleep a night, but it's just not enough. Headaches won't go away, either.

One thing that has helped is the gym. Going to my group boot camp class, where the instructor is really kicking our a$$es, allows me to vent it out and I actually feel much more relaxed afterwards. I do it three days a week - one of which is Saturday morning - and I've really enjoyed it. Good people there, too.

Just can't seem to feel well this week. My usual issues, just never ending. It is very frustrating. Knowing my medical tests all came back normal just confuses me even more. It's probably because I dared to eat real food on Saturday at our Friendsgiving get together. How dare I. My alimentary canal is a damned terrorist. 

The Sabres suck. The Bills suck. Everton sucks. The USMNT sucks. All sports are terrible and only lead to disappointment.

hear hear. This too.

I was hoping for a good team this year for more than just my own enjoyment- I was gonna have reasons to paint and sell prints and . Ain't no one wanna buy paintings of underachievers. 

Definitely regretting buying a ticket for when the Sabres come to Denver in about 2 weeks.  Oof.  Seemed like a good idea back in August or September...

So, so tired.  I'm a broken record, but too much work.  And the new employee who was supposed to start today had to delay until tomorrow for personal reasons that are more than understandable, but definitely inconvenient and hopefully won't be too much of a distraction going forward.  Just want to sleep.

Definitely regretting buying a ticket for when the Sabres come to Denver in about 2 weeks.  Oof.  Seemed like a good idea back in August or September...

So, so tired.  I'm a broken record, but too much work.  And the new employee who was supposed to start today had to delay until tomorrow for personal reasons that are more than understandable, but definitely inconvenient and hopefully won't be too much of a distraction going forward.  Just want to sleep.

Not gonna lie, I'm invested in what happens with your weird 3-way-friend-benefits-cheating scenario that's going on. It's like watching real life Maury, so you better keep us posted

The Verizon commercials with Richard from Silicon Valley. Dude might single-handedly own the most punchable face on tv right now

It took Nationwide 3 weeks to switch my local office from Rochester to Buffalo, and then when I talk to them today they literally can't do ANYTHING for me to lower my rate except try to get me to take out a renters insurance policy that I don't need. I've been with Nationwide since day 1, over a decade, and they can't do ANYTHING to get my rate down below $100/mo. 

Unreal. 

It took Nationwide 3 weeks to switch my local office from Rochester to Buffalo, and then when I talk to them today they literally can't do ANYTHING for me to lower my rate except try to get me to take out a renters insurance policy that I don't need. I've been with Nationwide since day 1, over a decade, and they can't do ANYTHING to get my rate down below $100/mo. 

Unreal. 

Clearly not on your side

Not gonna lie, I'm invested in what happens with your weird 3-way-friend-benefits-cheating scenario that's going on. It's like watching real life Maury, so you better keep us posted

The Verizon commercials with Richard from Silicon Valley. Dude might single-handedly own the most punchable face on tv right now

:lol: Will do, haha... we'll see how the movie goes tomorrow evening, but he's inviting another (male) friend and she might be inviting another (female) friend, so I won't be surprised if they both play it cool. I have no problem with him not wanting to have it out there in front of me since it's my friend and we work together, as long as he's being fully honest with her. I think secretly I just wanted the chance to tell him that I set them up so he could thank me for introducing him to such a cool chick, lol.

Unreal. 

Are you carrying collision coverage?

Just can't seem to feel well this week. My usual issues, just never ending. It is very frustrating. Knowing my medical tests all came back normal just confuses me even more. It's probably because I dared to eat real food on Saturday at our Friendsgiving get together. How dare I. My alimentary canal is a damned terrorist. 

You know, my wife was having all kinds of digestive issues before she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia.  To treat the primary symptoms she had to pick up her level of exercise (not an issue for you), but then she started curtailing certain foods and found that some were triggering symptoms.  Have you tried keeping a food diary?  Maybe you can identify foods that are triggering undesired reactions in your system.  (For the record, she doesn't eat land meats, shellfish, gluten, tomatoes or eggplant, or consume alcohol.)

Incompetent management had me going bananas at colleagues again.

A lot of good people left, and stuck with people that can't handle the added pressure and start making horrible mistakes.

It literally got so bad I started throwing with , I got the job done again, but I had bend the rules here and there to do it.

Probably made a mistake which I will obviously hear about.

I'm this close to going off at the next manager who dares to say something or enter our office.

We are severely understaffed...

D'oh... just found out I've been volunteered to join a work trip that has me leaving town the same night as the game.   :doh:

Edited by biodork