Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I somehow came down with a cold this week even though it was 85 degrees all week. "Summer" colds are the worst - it looks so damn nice out and you can't do sh!t.

I got one, too...and I'm going on vacation first thing Saturday morning. At least I have it now and not while I'm on vacation.

Speaking of stupid people on the roads...had a backup on the highway this morning because a trooper had stopped someone and was on the shoulder. Everyone did the right thing by moving over and clearing out the right lane. Then some knucklehead probably said "F this" and swerved into the right lane and flew by everyone. It appeared that the trooper had let his guy go, but was still stopped with lights flashing. I don't know what the law says, but this doesn't seem right to me.

And why on Earth would DOT have construction going on said busy highway during the morning rush hour?

Edited by Buffalo Wings

Side note: coming down from a shitton of fentanyl is awful. You've gotta be desperate to be doing that crap for fun.

I was dosed up with it last week and I can't believe people are seeking that out. On the wheelchair ride out I was so f'ed up I didn't even know my name. They stopped me at a little desk with a vase of carnations. "Do you want a carnation?" I look at them and say "What the hell would I want one of those for?!" "Maybe your driver would like one? I shrug a "Maybe." Kept asking the guy pushing the chair how far they stretched my throat. "I don't know, man. I'm a volunteer." Now I'm wondering how the web got there. "I don't know, man. I just drive the wheelchair."

My wife saved him from me once she pulled the car up.

I hope he's not considering giving up volunteering.

Bump.

Many thanks!

Like I mentioned, first cold in almost 2 years. I was so spoiled to be able to breathe. It was proctoring and then handling the damn undergrad tests yesterday. I could see them all sneezing and coughing all over their exam sheets.  

Luckily I can sleep in tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday!

Bump.

The drug addled foreman is going to have several of these on his head and face if he doesn’t shut his mother mouth. Then I’ll report him for drinking at lunch and smuggling pee into his drug test. you, . I win.

Coworker isn't pulling her weight. She's getting people hurt due to overconfidence. I have to babysit her and she's 39 fu*kin years old. And when she's not being a militant vegan, her trashy alt right talk radio accidentally plays during class, further alienating customers. Boss'd fire her but we need instructors and she IS a good yoga teacher... urgh.

Had a nice chat with my former coworker (one of the first employees there and their head developer) who's still at my old video game job... he's losing his mind. Apparently the boss there has totally fried his brain on drugs and has made the hellscape I left even worse. 

God. I am so. So. So. Glad. I left. It hasn't even been a year. I was so right to make that decision. I may not be financially as good as I was while working there but I'm not suicidal anymore so... net gain. I hope the good people stuck there can gtfo soon. 

The drug addled foreman is going to have several of these on his head and face if he doesn’t shut his mother ###### mouth. Then I’ll report him for drinking at lunch and smuggling pee into his drug test. ###### you, ######. I win.

Does his boozing on the job create safety risks for you and the other guys?  If so, I think reporting him is the right thing to do.

Does his boozing on the job create safety risks for you and the other guys? If so, I think reporting him is the right thing to do.

Everyone knows what he’s doing. You can smell the booze from 10’ away. We all got a surprise breathalyzer/10 panel drug test yesterday because of him and he somehow wiggled his way out of it. IMO knocking a few teeth down his throat would send a powerful message. It’s apparent that handling things the proper way isn’t going to help.

An alt-right militant vegan? O.o

I know, right? I only knew the volunteer-y, lived in LA, loves yoga, super vegan side of her... I made a flippant random comment about the current administration... not even a bad one... and she was like "no, see, you don't understand... Rush Limbaugh had it right with blah blah blah blah you should really listen to Bill O'Reilly's show, I'll send you a link etc etc". 

She un-ironically told me that all democrats are part of the illuminati. God, guess I've missed my candle lit meeting invites... dang. I have the perfect outfit with which to chant in, too! 

She also will play the same country music song (the one about dirt roads and rolling his window down and cruising- Florida Georgia Line I think) over and over and over and over and over on repeat 8-10x in a rowwww oh god help 

ugh 

From what I have heard, she's one of those people who can never keep a job because her employers always have unfair expectations of her. Like, they always expect her to show up for work, and then work. 

Yeah, so mean of them, right? She's just trying to live her best life, god #blessed #namaste #gratitude 

I know, right? I only knew the volunteer-y, lived in LA, loves yoga, super vegan side of her... I made a flippant random comment about the current administration... not even a bad one... and she was like "no, see, you don't understand... Rush Limbaugh had it right with blah blah blah blah you should really listen to Bill O'Reilly's show, I'll send you a link etc etc". 

She un-ironically told me that all democrats are part of the illuminati. God, guess I've missed my candle lit meeting invites... dang. I have the perfect outfit with which to chant in, too! 

She also will play the same country music song (the one about dirt roads and rolling his window down and cruising- Florida Georgia Line I think) over and over and over and over and over on repeat 8-10x in a rowwww oh god help 

ugh

Not trying to belittle your situation, but at least she's passionate about something.

My co-worker is lazy and doesn't care about anything. The amount of time and energy he spends explaining why he shouldn't do a particular task is 10x as much as it would be to just do it.

My kid stopped eating. She can't tell us why and we can't figure it out. Finally had to take her to a Gastro on Monday. She went from 75lbs to under 60lbs in a month and we have a bag packed in case there is an ER visit in our future.

Yesterday, we figured out that she has a really bad urinary tract infection and started antibiotics. After a month of weighing her every morning and seeing a lower number day after day, she actually had almost a full meal last night (maybe her first in a month) and we at least saw the same number two days in a row.

Hoping that this is the turning point and she starts to gain it back, but trying to not get too excited in case the UTI is just a red herring and actually has nothing to do with her appetite.

Fingers crossed.

Oh, and I, too, have co-workers that are completely useless and every time they up, it makes it even harder for me to get a day off. Lazy stupid .