Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

It's funny.  The wife's plants that were struggling because they weren't getting enough water are now struggling because they aren't getting any sun.

I overseeded my grass in two stages over the last month and a half. And because it rained once over that time period, my water bill is up $100 from having sprinklers going almost all the time (not to mention buying sprinklers). Now we're getting inches of rain, I suppose I should thank my lucky stars the grass is probably established enough that the rain won't wash it away.

I don't get Selena Gomez. Some of my younger co-workers were discussing "how hot she is", so I went and had a look, and I just can't get past the fact that her head is too small for her body. It's like someone put a toy doll's head on there instead of a real woman's head. Her songs are kinda catchy, and I get that she wants to be a sex symbol, but there's just something not quite right going on there. 

My Father-in-Law was complaining the last time I was up there that every time he opens Facebook, it starts at Selena Gomez's FB page and his computer guy couldn't figure out why. Score one for the Son-in-Law, I noticed the shortcut on the desktop had a link to the SG page instead of facebook.com. After being the hero, I set his shortcut to Pandora to always start with Selena Gomez. :devil:

The thing is that people want to take home beer from the tours and that is direct profit to the brewery. It is estimated that it could give the brewers a healthy profit for expansion which actually is what can help drive more beer into other markets. Creature Comforts right now can't maintain production demands but can make a higher profit percentage if they are having ppl take beer home. Also a lot ppl travel to other places to try beer and want to bring it back with them.  It opens a 2nd revenue stream that is currently closed.  I can buy wine at the store but I always get a bottle at least when I do a tour. Same principle.

In georgia you have to go Brewer - Distributor - Store because reasons. 

I'm sure it it'd work, but Victory has a small store in the brewery where you can buy cases. I'm confused by the wording, does the law say you can't include beer "sales" in the tour price or that you can't sell beer? It seems like the former to me, which doesn't seem like a big deal. Have a tour, offer a free tasting flight as part of it (or not), and they have a cash-bar/case store that people can buy from.

So things are moving forward with the awesome little Canadian company that makes apps for the NHL... and then my coworker reminded me I may have an NDA problem with my bosses here, that I may not legally be allowed to make minigames for another company. They're out of town until next week so now I'm nervous... I WANT TO HAVE IT ALL :( 

I overseeded my grass in two stages over the last month and a half. And because it rained once over that time period, my water bill is up $100 from having sprinklers going almost all the time (not to mention buying sprinklers). Now we're getting inches of rain, I suppose I should thank my lucky stars the grass is probably established enough that the rain won't wash it away.

I hate my water bill.  That and the way my town bills for water use is borderline robbery.  I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but we pay an equal amount for both the water and then sewage.  So whatever comes out of your faucets they assume goes back into the sewage.  In the winter time, that's fine, but during the summer when about 75% of my water usage goes towards watering the lawn, they are lining their pockets with that double charge.

I hate my water bill.  That and the way my town bills for water use is borderline robbery.  I don't know if it's like this everywhere, but we pay an equal amount for both the water and then sewage.  So whatever comes out of your faucets they assume goes back into the sewage.  In the winter time, that's fine, but during the summer when about 75% of my water usage goes towards watering the lawn, they are lining their pockets with that double charge.

I know Owego NY does it that way. I don't get a sewage bill, so I can't say.

After two great interviews, I got turned down for a job in western NC. Another chance lost at getting the hell out of this state. I think being out of state is really hindering my opportunities, when it comes time to make a decision they usually go with the local. And I'm leery about moving without something lined up. 

So things are moving forward with the awesome little Canadian company that makes apps for the NHL... and then my coworker reminded me I may have an NDA problem with my bosses here, that I may not legally be allowed to make minigames for another company. They're out of town until next week so now I'm nervous... I WANT TO HAVE IT ALL :(

An NDA wouldn't stop you from working for another company, but a non-compete would. NDA just means you can't use your company's property to help the other company.

The question becomes whether or not the other company is a direct competitor. And that's a pretty grey area.

An NDA wouldn't stop you from working for another company, but a non-compete would. NDA just means you can't use your company's property to help the other company.

The question becomes whether or not the other company is a direct competitor. And that's a pretty grey area.

Yeah, that's the worry. Wrong wording, sorry. 

My hope is that because these guys are doing sports and not any kind of gaming/tv stuff that would interfere with Disney, Nintendo or Nick, I can make it happen. But we have done stuff for the NFL in the past, although begrudgingly. My company has no interest in sports. 

Course, there's also the possibility these guys don't need a freelancer but rather a full timer, and realistically I can not do that right now. Who knows! 

Edited by Josie914

My Father-in-Law was complaining the last time I was up there that every time he opens Facebook, it starts at Selena Gomez's FB page and his computer guy couldn't figure out why. Score one for the Son-in-Law, I noticed the shortcut on the desktop had a link to the SG page instead of facebook.com. After being the hero, I set his shortcut to Pandora to always start with Selena Gomez. :devil:

I'm sure it it'd work, but Victory has a small store in the brewery where you can buy cases. I'm confused by the wording, does the law say you can't include beer "sales" in the tour price or that you can't sell beer? It seems like the former to me, which doesn't seem like a big deal. Have a tour, offer a free tasting flight as part of it (or not), and they have a cash-bar/case store that people can buy from.

Breweries in Georgia are legally not allowed to sell beer to people anywhere. They have to sell to a distributor.  The new law allowed them to sell 72oz to ppl at a brewery but now they are saying they can't charge different pricing based on different beers for tours.  Tours here are 12$ (were) and it was 6 pours of 6ounces. The new law allowed them to charge 20$ for the same tour plus beer A 6 pack or 25$ for a tour and the beer X 6 pack. Now they are trying to claiming you cant have variable pricing and it is .  It is lobbyists in Atlanta from the Beer Distributors trying to stifle entrepreneurs so they don't see 5-10% decrease in sales.

After two great interviews, I got turned down for a job in western NC. Another chance lost at getting the hell out of this state. I think being out of state is really hindering my opportunities, when it comes time to make a decision they usually go with the local. And I'm leery about moving without something lined up. 

I don't blame you for being leery but I will say that you will eventually get the job you're supposed to be at. 

Yearly corporate surveys. Who are the mindless dolts that come up with these things? They word the questions so that no matter what the response, they can give the results and shine each other's at what a wonderful job they are doing.

Can't I just do my job really well, get paid, and go home without having to come up with "three words describe what it feels like to work on my team"? :wallbash:

Hobbies. Find yourself something you enjoy that is productive. Building something, working out, writing, etc. Something that has a tangible result and keeps you busy

My idle mind has certainly been the Devils playground. I'm in a much better place today but it took work to get here. I wish I could divulge the story but it could ruin lives, marriages and careers. It would make a great lifetime movie. One poster who I also won't out has been a god send for me to vent this entire episode. It was liberating telling things I could tell no other.

Bulls3!t, Annoying, Superfluous

This is EXACTLY what's happening at my office. One person to approve time off, sign off on our time cards, etc....one person to "mentor" us on specific projects....one person to "mentor" us on specific production issues. It can go on & on. Our favorite quote around the office:

"So, what would you say it is that you *do* here?"

Breweries in Georgia are legally not allowed to sell beer to people anywhere. They have to sell to a distributor.  The new law allowed them to sell 72oz to ppl at a brewery but now they are saying they can't charge different pricing based on different beers for tours.  Tours here are 12$ (were) and it was 6 pours of 6ounces. The new law allowed them to charge 20$ for the same tour plus beer A 6 pack or 25$ for a tour and the beer X 6 pack. Now they are trying to claiming you cant have variable pricing and it is ######.  It is lobbyists in Atlanta from the Beer Distributors trying to stifle entrepreneurs so they don't see 5-10% decrease in sales.

I don't blame you for being leery but I will say that you will eventually get the job you're supposed to be at. 

Thanks. It's more about relocating. Would really like to get out of here and am looking at 3 or 4 areas, so my search has been limited to those areas. Once I find something, then I can settle things up down here and move on.

Starting to consider something temporary just so I can relocate and become local, increasing the chances of finding something in my field in one of those areas.

Where is 'here' for you?

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Breweries in Georgia are legally not allowed to sell beer to people anywhere. They have to sell to a distributor.  The new law allowed them to sell 72oz to ppl at a brewery but now they are saying they can't charge different pricing based on different beers for tours.  Tours here are 12$ (were) and it was 6 pours of 6ounces. The new law allowed them to charge 20$ for the same tour plus beer A 6 pack or 25$ for a tour and the beer X 6 pack. Now they are trying to claiming you cant have variable pricing and it is ######.  It is lobbyists in Atlanta from the Beer Distributors trying to stifle entrepreneurs so they don't see 5-10% decrease in sales.

Ah. I feel you, in PA the beer distributors have a stranglehold as well and until recently you couldn't buy beer at grocery stores, only cases at distributors or 2 6-packs at delis and bars. The breweries may take a page out of Wegman's book: they did whatever they had to to make the in-store cafe a "restaurant" so they can sell 6-packs there. On the bright side, you can have a beer with your Wegmans sub too. In their case, set up a space in the brewery and "rent" it to another entity as restaurant space.

7 months ago I bought 3 tickets to the see the Orioles in Camden Yards with my Dad and My Brother. It was a birthday gift for my Dad's 60th. The three men of the family rarely do anything with "just the boys" so it was really exciting to go see our favorite team in one of the greatest ballparks. looks like a 50% chance of a rain out.

Hurricane Jaoquin. Right in the eye.

7 months ago I bought 3 tickets to the see the Orioles in Camden Yards with my Dad and My Brother. It was a birthday gift for my Dad's 60th. The three men of the family rarely do anything with "just the boys" so it was really exciting to go see our favorite team in one of the greatest ballparks. looks like a 50% chance of a rain out.

###### Hurricane Jaoquin. Right in the eye.

Oh man been there!

Especially if you are scattered and the game was the binding agent.

My whole right arm is a mess. Ever since my workload increased at work I'm just crippled with tendonitis in my mouse hand. AutoCAD is the bane of my existence.

Arranged my workspace better. Bought a trackball mouse. Wearing a wrist brace at night. No idea what else to do besides take a vacation or something.

My whole right arm is a mess. Ever since my workload increased at work I'm just crippled with tendonitis in my mouse hand. AutoCAD is the bane of my existence.

Arranged my workspace better. Bought a trackball mouse. Wearing a wrist brace at night. No idea what else to do besides take a vacation or something.

Trackball mouse has given my right hand a new lease on life. I have the one where the trackball is rotated via the thumb.

Advice: stop aging. You're welcome.

Someone very close to me is going through some serious hell. Her spouse just entered rehab after it came out that he was abusing painkillers and using heroin. Well, the spouse lost his job as a nurse, and now my friend is struggling to make ends meet and handle school and work and now this as well. She's hours away and I have no way to help. I'm hoping that I can go visit her in a couple weeks. 

I know there are many many reasons as to why people do drugs. He's far from the first person I've known to do them, but I feel like more people wouldn't even start if they could see what it does to those who care about them. I wish you could airmail hugs. He's in as good a place as can be given the situation- thank god he's getting help.

But I'm really worried about her. She doesn't know what to do, where to turn. Financially and emotionally, she's totally f ucked. 

Someone very close to me is going through some serious hell. Her spouse just entered rehab after it came out that he was abusing painkillers and using heroin. Well, the spouse lost his job as a nurse, and now my friend is struggling to make ends meet and handle school and work and now this as well. She's hours away and I have no way to help. I'm hoping that I can go visit her in a couple weeks. 

I know there are many many reasons as to why people do drugs. He's far from the first person I've known to do them, but I feel like more people wouldn't even start if they could see what it does to those who care about them. I wish you could airmail hugs. He's in as good a place as can be given the situation- thank god he's getting help.

But I'm really worried about her. She doesn't know what to do, where to turn. Financially and emotionally, she's totally f ucked. 

Oh man heroin, might be kinda hard, but she should cut ties with him financially before he does anything worse.

Oh man heroin, might be kinda hard, but she should cut ties with him financially before he does anything worse.

That's my opinion too. I've been against this guy for years before she married him. I figured they'd break up because he'd be unfaithful yet again. Money was disappearing and I told her to keep an eye out for prescription abuse. Never dreamed he'd get into china white or whatever it's called.  She's so incredibly upset now that I think/hope that if he relapses, she will actually leave. But she's sticking by him for now. It's what I would do, too, the first time. Support and see if he can get back on his feet.

I keep thinking of Malarchuk's book, where he discusses his stints in rehab and mentions his wife. But at least he had NHL money and support to get that help. There appears to be no financial safety net for these two. 

I'm too little butter spread on too much bread. Working OT for weeks now. I had to get a sub to teach my classes this week. Woke up sick as hell today but I'm one of a few that have the proper NTSB and welding certs to finish this task so I've dragged myself in to do another 12 hr day. My office duties have fallen behind though. I have more reports to finish before weeks end. I just want to go to friggin bed and sleep. Amerks season opens tomorrow and I am going to be there if I have to crawl. I may have to tell someone to kiss my ass about working Sat too. I've survived too much f'ed up to be a whiner but I think someone is going to have call me a waaaaaaaaambulance.