Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

sadly, this isn't even the first time. it'll go well ... just sucks that our company's short-term disability policy has changed this year. instead of being immediately available, STD only kicks in after 7 calendar days of absence. in essence, i have to use sick, floating holiday or personal leave for the first week, THEN STD kicks in. this procedure shouldn't keep me out of work a full week.

somehow, talking about short-term disability and a cystoscopy sound oddly apropos.

thanks for all the well-wishes. i'll be fine ... just sucks that i get a second go-round.

Sounds familiar. I had shingles last Winter (14mo ago). Hit me hard in my right eye. Was out of work for a month. STD didn't kick in for a week so I had to burn vacation time to get a weeks check.

Sounds familiar. I had shingles last Winter (14mo ago). Hit me hard in my right eye. Was out of work for a month. STD didn't kick in for a week so I had to burn vacation time to get a weeks check.

Shingles and an STD at the same time...been a rough decade so far.

yah, the whole company was in an uproar. but sadly, it was a few cheaters who brought about the switch in providers and policy. some were faking doctor's notes, putting their friends' phone numbers as points of contact, and then they'd go galavant around the country for a few weeks. They were all let go, but at that point, the insurance company said, "yah ... we can't provide STD anymore." so we had to switch providers, and their policy is that there's a 7-day waiting period for all claims.

awesome.

Fiance got stuck working a double so I have to call in to work in order to stay home and watch our son. Its great that she gets paid time and a half but the problem is I make double her time and a half on my regular pay. And now I have to burn a vacation day so I can still get paid...sucks.

Fiance got stuck working a double so I have to call in to work in order to stay home and watch our son. Its great that she gets paid time and a half but the problem is I make double her time and a half on my regular pay. And now I have to burn a vacation day so I can still get paid...sucks.

that does suck man. does your company have sick leave and vacation? or is all just "personal time"? either way, it sucks having to burn anything.

that does suck man. does your company have sick leave and vacation? or is all just "personal time"? either way, it sucks having to burn anything.

We have a no fault sick policy. So if you have cancer you accrue the same amount of points for calling in sick as the kids who call in for their 21st birthday party.

Ugh...one more promotion and I won't have to worry about points, or not getting paid. And I'll get to do even less work than I do now.

Edited by ubkev

So we have a system wide password that changes every semester. Usually within 2-5 days it is posted on the internet. Well someone tweeted it and even though it is 3 weeks before finals and its probably been out there for months they changed the damn thing... Student panic has insued...

The supervisor for a specific project here at work asked me to run something. I did and we didn't get the results we were expecting. So he has me go back and look through and figure out what is happening. I do that and I find the exact problem. I'm 100% sure in this, yet he shoots down my explanation without even listening. So now I'm supposed to be looking for something else, which is completely pointless. Don't you just love those moments when you find out that your contributions are not respected one bit?

The supervisor for a specific project here at work asked me to run something. I did and we didn't get the results we were expecting. So he has me go back and look through and figure out what is happening. I do that and I find the exact problem. I'm 100% sure in this, yet he shoots down my explanation without even listening. So now I'm supposed to be looking for something else, which is completely pointless. Don't you just love those moments when you find out that your contributions are not respected one bit?

I only read to the words "specific project", but this can't actually be your complaint. Think about it for a while, and come up with something better.

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

I have to get out of the habit of checking the "League" standings to see where the Sabres are drafting, and go back to checking the "Conference" standings to see the play-off hunt. I was looking forward to a shot at a superstar.

It's not tendonitis, but my left wrist is feeling weak when I have to use it. No pain...just need to use more effort when I move it around. This is most evident in my golf swing, where it seems to have started to cause bad habits when swinging the club. The physical therapist put kinesio tape on it - it's thick enough where it feels like I'm wearing a brace and don't have much range of motion, but I suppose that's the point.

Chicken Pox redux.

OMG, we are talking extreme pain and suffering caused by shingles. Worse suffering than any sabres/bills game or team I have watched. I never ever in my life imagined a simple looking rash on the outside could cause such intense discomfort and pain. I would never wish this on my worst Frenemy.

10 days and I am finally getting by w/o the percocets which didn't even do more than take some of the edge off. On a side note, I will not take health and ability to just enjoy every day life for granted for some time now.

Received bad news on Tuesday morning. That new job I accepted in January that had me working all those crazy hours is no more. Got a layoff notice Tuesday AM, effective immediately. Official press release from the company stated a reduction in orders and business uncertainty due to the budget sequestration bill passed in January resulted in layoffs in all of their business locations. I knew it was a possibility but I had hoped that by getting to April the risk was reducing. Apparently not.

Filed for unemployment yesterday. Our budget does not work on $405/week. And health insurance is a pipe dream right now. I'm worried. I'll have to dip into savings every month to pay the bills.

I turned down a job last Thursday. I almost posted about it in this thread. Was an interesting job, it was for a DoD supplier (Budget Sequestration, again) but it is a TINY company and they could only offer about 66% of my current (former now) salary. I politely declined. Yes, I called them back on Tuesday. Unfortunately the hiring manager is out of town. I have no idea if they filled the position since Thursday or if my reconsidering will be well received.

Dammit i am stressed out right now.