Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

It happened again. This is the fourth time in the past 18 months that I've received news of someone from my life passing on way too young. This time it was an old friend, someone I knew from kindergarten through graduating high school. Gone at 41 years of age and leaving behind a wife and three young children. Life just ain't fair sometimes. His father in law wrote a real nice tribute to him.

In memory of a Cub fan

It happened again. This is the fourth time in the past 18 months that I've received news of someone from my life passing on way too young. This time it was an old friend, someone I knew from kindergarten through graduating high school. Gone at 41 years of age and leaving behind a wife and three young children. Life just ain't fair sometimes. His father in law wrote a real nice tribute to him.

In memory of a Cub fan

I am sorry, my close friends I consider to be Brothers, so I am really and truly sorry.

So with my fiancee's father being sick, we have decided we don't want to leave the country for the honeymoon. We had originally planned on going to the Caribbean, but this just isn't the right time. Anyway, the soon to be mother-in-law is really hassling her saying we should go. She tries to harass her about it when I'm not around, but I happened to walk in on the conversation this weekend. I put my foot down and said the decision is made, we're not leaving the country. So she responded with "what if your father said he wanted you to go". She actually played the sick father guilt card on us. I couldn't believe it.

There was also the line "we just want to make sure you kids have though this through". That line is so demeaning, it drives me crazy. Apparently we're not capable of independent thought. Let's face it, honeymoon in country, honeymoon out of country... there's still going to be a big cloud hovering over the whole thing. No matter what we do, it won't be that completely happy moment that it would be if pancreatic cancer hadn't shown its ugly face. So if we want to be somewhere that we can be in touch with people if need be, that's our choice. No matter what they seem to think about their daughter, we are in fact adults who can and will make our own decision.

I've had a sore foot for the past couple of weeks that I think is probably plantar fascitis. I haven't been able to run, which has been my primary means of stress relief/sleep aid/general happiness promotion. I haven't been in to see a podiatrist yet, but I'm going to in the next week or so and I'm very concerned he's going to tell me that running is verboten.

I've had a sore foot for the past couple of weeks that I think is probably plantar fascitis. I haven't been able to run, which has been my primary means of stress relief/sleep aid/general happiness promotion. I haven't been in to see a podiatrist yet, but I'm going to in the next week or so and I'm very concerned he's going to tell me that running is verboten.

Ouch.

Head colds. Gots me a doozy.

I hear you there. Two weeks ago it was in my chest and I was coughing up mountains of sputum every morning. It seemed like I was getting better last weekend, then on Monday I woke up with a head cold and my sinuses pounding. This sucks. Not even my self prescribed regimen of drowning the virus in ethanol seems to be working.

I hear you there. Two weeks ago it was in my chest and I was coughing up mountains of sputum every morning. It seemed like I was getting better last weekend, then on Monday I woke up with a head cold and my sinuses pounding. This sucks. Not even my self prescribed regimen of drowning the virus in ethanol seems to be working.

It does not seem possible that my head and lungs could contain this much ick.

My job is contract right now. I don't get sick time. I've called off work anyway. Feel like garbage.

I'm running out of active jerseys.

I've had..

Drury

Roy

Pominville

Regehr

Still have a Vanek and a Myers. O'oh

You have the magic touch.

Buy a Stafford jersey.

Oh, do I need a complaint? Here goes: Chz doesn't own a Stafford jersey and hasn't cosmically nudged him out of town yet.

I have one jersey, and I only wear it twice a year when the Sabres come to town. I know it's probably viewed as poor jersey etiquette (don't care) but mine has no name or number. I figure that since I'm only rooting for the crest on the front and that these guys turn over so quickly that it's the only way to go.

I have one jersey, and I only wear it twice a year when the Sabres come to town. I know it's probably viewed as poor jersey etiquette (don't care) but mine has no name or number. I figure that since I'm only rooting for the crest on the front and that these guys turn over so quickly that it's the only way to go.

I've got an old school jersey with #5 and Mike Ramsey's name on the back. with roster turnover the way it is today, and the lack of real stars on the Sabres I'm in no hurry to ever buy another.

I will admit to temptation to buy a Myers sweater when he signed that big contract. I'm glad I didn't do anything rash. :P

You have the magic touch.

Buy a Stafford jersey.

Oh, do I need a complaint? Here goes: Chz doesn't own a Stafford jersey and hasn't cosmically nudged him out of town yet.

Thanks to some connections, all of them are signed. Almost got Roy changed to Ott but thought it would look pretty funny with an Ott label but signed by Roy . :w00t:

I'd buy a Stafford but said I wasn't buying anything Sabres until the 2013-14 season started.

Got a bit tired of guys saying "you can check me anytime" when I wore the Regehr.

I'm running out of active jerseys.

I've had..

Drury

Roy

Pominville

Regehr

Still have a Vanek and a Myers. O'oh

Kind of in the same boat... Although its only Briere and Pommers for me... The Pommers one is 4 weeks old :(

Thought about buying a jersey of a player who isnt playing for buffalo... so maybe that turns it around?!

My jersey collection consists of a home white Khmylev, Winter Classic Numminen and a white goathead Shields.

I'd like to add a Drury goat and a Biron goat. Perhaps Mair as well.

I'll never buy a slug. I remember a friend buying a Gaustad slug when they came out and feeling somewhat unsettled about the whole thing. Almost six years later hindsight really supports that gut feeling I had.

One of these days a current Sabre will tempt me. Weber seems to fit the mould. Maybe next year.