Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Freakin' right.

I came home Tuesday night to hear a drip, drip, drip coming from the basement. I go downstairs to find water dripping out of the electric box thingy (found out later it's a circuit breaker box, learn something every day).

Go out to the car this morning and find my freakin' door is frozen shut. WTF week.

Water + breaker box = bad news bears

Hopefully that's not your problem to fix cause that is not an ideal situation

Yikes... water dripping from the breaker box sounds like bad news. Hopefully you're still renting and it's the landlord's problem.

I did freak me out. Probably would've a bit more if I wasn't slighty buzzed from the game. I called him and said "There's water coming out of the electric box thingy downstairs. Is that bad?" (I knew it was but gotta play the card). He sent someone over in like 30 minutes.

I did freak me out. Probably would've a bit more if I wasn't slighty buzzed from the game. I called him and said "There's water coming out of the electric box thingy downstairs. Is that bad?" (I knew it was but gotta play the card). He sent someone over in like 30 minutes.

lol well done.

We are way behind on a project so the entire project team has been put on a schedule that has us working 24/7. I'm working Superbowl Sunday night.

F*** you, right?

One of my friends has a training thing to go to starting next week Monday. The flight to take them to Jacksonville, FL leaves at 4pm Sunday night. :wallbash:

F*** you, right?

One of my friends has a training thing to go to starting next week Monday. The flight to take them to Jacksonville, FL leaves at 4pm Sunday night. :wallbash:

I keep reminding myself I know 200 former colleagues that are unemployed right now. :cry:

I keep reminding myself I know 200 former colleagues that are unemployed right now. :cry:

Basically my entire Geneseo graduating class that I keep in touch is either unemployed or still in school. Then again they were all teaching majors.

And I have the nerve to complain about traveling for work and only being in Buffalo one week out of the month :ph34r:

I had to put my cat down Tuesday. :unsure:

I don't know what I'll do (besides bawl) when that time comes for me, really sorry to hear it. :(

I just dont like hipsters. I hate them with passion. You just dont wear a scarf or wollen hat in the club.

We played a rousing game of "Hipster or Waldo costume" on Halloween night several years ago out at the bar.

Also:

http://hipsterorhomeless.com/

I'm sick of giving people results on a project where the numbers don't match what they expected. No matter how many times I double and triple checked them so far, they still want me to check yet again. You don't think I did that already? Sometimes you just don't get the results you're hoping for. You need to live with that.

I had to put my cat down Tuesday. :unsure:

Sorry to hear. We had to put our cat of 17 years down back in November. Sorta made the holidays a little less festive.

Last week we adopted 2 rescue cats which made us feel much better.

Edited by stevek

Not one, but two cars driving in reverse, against traffic, for at least half a block, on Delaware Avenue this morning at 845 am. Separate incidents. Is it that tough to drive around the block if you overshot your destination?

Not one, but two cars driving in reverse, against traffic, for at least half a block, on Delaware Avenue this morning at 845 am. Separate incidents. Is it that tough to drive around the block if you overshot your destination?

Haha, that must of been a real joy to drive in. ...... Watched a student at Canisius walk in front of a truck then procede to walk up the road, not across, and foce the truck to sit another light.

Some co-workers are working in Boston this week. The assignment calls for them to work until Friday evening, so they may be spending more time in baw-ston than they would like.

Good news is I was able to get reassigned off the Boston job earlier this week to spend time with the lady friend at home :thumbsup:

Listening to the Boston media, I'm pretty sure the world is going to end tomorrow. I get to relax all day in my nice warm apartment. How exactly is that the end of the world?

You're assuming your power doesn't go out.

What I hate is when the forecasters call for such a storm and the grocery stores are MOBBED the day & night before...as if it's the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas. Almost every store in this area runs out of bread, milk, and beer the day before a predicted big storm. At least one meteorologist had the sense to tell everyone to relax and only go to the store if you're almost out of the essentials, but the media loves to scare everyone around here into thinking this is the beginning of the apocalypse.

Edited by Buffalo Wings

You're assuming your power doesn't go out.

What I hate is when the forecasters call for such a storm and the grocery stores are MOBBED the day & night before...as if it's the day before Thanksgiving or Christmas. Almost every store in this area runs out of bread, milk, and beer the day before a predicted big storm. At least one meteorologist had the sense to tell everyone to relax and only go to the store if you're almost out of the essentials. Don't stock up just because a storm is coming.

This should only ever be a problem for people who literally live paycheck to paycheck and can't afford to have extra food. I'm not exactly loaded, and I always have enough food for 2-3 days if there's an emergency and I can't get out.