Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

When you don't drink coffee or tea, what else is there...something healthy like juice or water? :P

Most juice is just sugar water - plus if it is apple based then you have to worry about arsenic.

Diet Pepsi is just plain nasty. Period.

Right - gotta stick with diet coke. :)

I love Pandora. I listen to it all day long, but when I like a song and want to know what album it's on, I don't want to see "_____'s Greatest Hits"! Really?! I know that Doctor Wu is on Steely Dan 1972-1980, but what Album is it on? (It's Katy Lied)

Edited by SwampD

Wow. What a kick-ass day. Tomorrow, I am sure that I will have a complaint. Today? It started with memories of a BIG win over the Bruins at about 5am, and it's only grown better (well, except for the lack of sleep, which I have come to accept as an unfortunate part of my life). My complaint is that a lot of people didn't have this day. And I'm not being condescending, either.

So this is for everyone else who had tough days today, or even within the last week: I wish you hadn't had them.

I have had the worst year so far. Wife lost her job, due to a rule violation they denied her unemployment benefits, my boss just notified me that due to company cutbacks I would lose my commision compensation package (27500) and I found out I owe 5 grand in taxes this year.

Someone open the hug thread...

And I was trying to find a complaint of my own to join this thread.

Sorry to hear read that.

The only thing I can think of to help your situation is the best advice ever given on Scott's more popular board: Shiv the mo'fos.

There's this growing trend out here in Boston of cars using the shoulder to leap frog lines at red lights. They're not leap frogging cars that are turning left though. They're jumping up in front of cars going straight. It's getting to the point where I will swerve over to the right a little bit when I stop so no one can go around me. I'm not going to let you be a dick just so you can get to work 30 seconds quicker.

There's this growing trend out here in Boston of cars using the shoulder to leap frog lines at red lights. They're not leap frogging cars that are turning left though. They're jumping up in front of cars going straight. It's getting to the point

where I will swerve over to the right a little bit

when I stop so no one can go around me. I'm

not going to let you be a dick just so you can get

to work 30 seconds quicker.

Shrad's, idk WTF is going on with driving in NE but it's close to unorganized chaos. The ex used to tell me about "the rules". I looked at her like she was insane. Cutting in front of people, turning left at a light as it turns green while on coming traffic is about to kill you, passing people on the right at lights, the stupidity never ends. I'm glad that part of my life is over...now about that Red Sox tattoo.

Shrad's, idk WTF is going on with driving in NE but it's close to unorganized chaos. The ex used to tell me about "the rules". I looked at her like she was insane. Cutting in front of people, turning left at a light as it turns green while on coming traffic is about to kill you, passing people on the right at lights, the stupidity never ends. I'm glad that part of my life is over...now about that Red Sox tattoo.

Chaos sums it up perfectly. I had a crazy one last week where I was first in line at a red light. It was your standard two lane road, one lane for one direction, one for the other. All of a sudden I noticed that someone had pulled up right next to me on my left (so right in the lane for opposing traffic). She didn't do it to turn left or to jump me and go straight. She did it so that she could turn right. So the light changes and she quickly cuts in front of me and turns right. I was in no hurry so I really didn't care, but it still confused the hell out of me. I've never seen anything like it.

They're the most impatient people in the world. I really need to come up with some ways to mess with these people a bit. I need some laughs.

There's this growing trend out here in Boston of cars using the shoulder to leap frog lines at red lights. They're not leap frogging cars that are turning left though. They're jumping up in front of cars going straight. It's getting to the point where I will swerve over to the right a little bit when I stop so no one can go around me. I'm not going to let you be a dick just so you can get to work 30 seconds quicker.

It could be worse. There's a pic that went viral of two cars that went through the same toll barrier on the 190 a while back. What were they thinking?

Edited by Crosschecking

Hi Chris,

How is your little one doing?

I hope I am not bringing up a sore subject. Just concerned.

hey man! thanks for asking. she started the week pretty rough--2 red days in a row at school, one of which was for stealing candy from a kid's backpack. awesome. :)

but then yesteday she was really close to having a green day, but she took some kids' coats at recess "because i wanted them to play with me." talk about a heart-ripping story. :( but other than that, her teacher said that she was really, really good. she's been really responding well to some of the oils and all of the supplements. it's a whole lot of trial and error--trying to find a balance that works specifically for her, but i think we're sneaking up on a blend that helps keep her calm and able to concentrate at school, and responsive and listening to us as parents at home.

we'll get her there. i just shudder at thinking about putting her back on the concerta meds. she's been eating so well that she actually outweighs her older sister. no grand feat; her sister barely weighs over 40 pounds at the ripe old age of 7 and pushing close to 8. but she's eating so much better now--full meals, 2 or 3 helpings at dinner ... it's good to see her eating well. now ... if we could JUST get her to consistently have a green day at school! but we're getting closer!

Head on collision?

IDK how that's head on. IDK if the Snooze reported on this or not, so I have no idea. Looks like one was either not paying attention or was just too impatient to get through the cashbox, so he thought he'd ram it through. I can either see Bill Engvall saying, "Here's Your Sign" or Ron White saying, "You can't fix stupid."

Chaos sums it up perfectly. I had a crazy one last week where I was first in line at a red light. It was your standard two lane road, one lane for one direction, one for the other. All of a sudden I noticed that someone had pulled up right next to me on my left (so right in the lane for opposing traffic). She didn't do it to turn left or to jump me and go straight. She did it so that she could turn right. So the light changes and she quickly cuts in front of me and turns right. I was in no hurry so I really didn't care, but it still confused the hell out of me. I've never seen anything like it. They're the most impatient people in the world. I really need to come up with some ways to mess with these people a bit. I need some laughs.

Wow, if someone did that to me there is a very good chance that I'd plow into them as they attempted that move. I'm blind in my left eye, and although I make adjustments and have special mirrors to help out with this handicap, there is really no reason for me to expect someone on my left who will try to turn right in front of me. Idiots.

Wow, if someone did that to me there is a very good chance that I'd plow into them as they attempted that move. I'm blind in my left eye, and although I make adjustments and have special mirrors to help out with this handicap, there is really no reason for me to expect someone on my left who will try to turn right in front of me. Idiots.

I could have intentionally plowed into her car and it would have been 100% her fault (notice the word "her". women drivers ;) ). Going into the lane for cars driving in the opposite direction in order to make a right turn? That takes stupid to a whole new level. It's a very narrow street too, so if anyone had actually needed that lane at that very moment, there was going to be one hell of a bottle neck at that intersection.

And chz and bio, you know I'm joking on that one. :thumbsup:

My complaint is from a couple of days ago. In a wallmart lot and idling with my blinker on waiting for a lady to exit a space. Clearly I'm there for quite some time with signal on that I'm going in to that spot when some yo-yo comes from the other direction and puts his signal on to turn into that spot. So I wave over to him and make a gesture that thats my spot. She exits and I move in. All good right. This a$$wipe peels away as he gives me the finger and hollers something inaudible through his closed driver side window. Douchbag. These neanderthals behind the wheel are bringing civilization into the $hitpipe. I saw him later in the store and he was a little weasel. What a waste of space. He was a lot bigger and tougher behind that wheel.

There aren't many things worse than cleaning up vomit.

Amen. A couple years ago my buddy was working at the Y. Twice in one week he had to clean up vomit, and both times it was nasty. First time this lady threw up on a treadmill - which she never bothered to stop. So the belt whipped the vomit all over the damn place. Second time someone threw up in one of the changing stalls and left without saying anything. Happened ten minutes before closing, so he didn't find it until he was shutting down the joint.

Edited by Bmwolf21