Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I want ice for the back yard rink!

bio - I hate 99% of christmas cookies ever made - the only ones worth eating are my mothers- because they taste delicious and I know I could eat off the floor in her kitchen - have you ever been to someone's house and vowed never to eat anything they ever make again? I can't tell whose jello mold has cat litter in it, won't risk it, and most of the time it doesn't matter because they can't cook or bake for ###### anyway.

OK - the avatar stays until 12/25.

I like the avitar. Where'd you get that picture of Fitzpatrick?

That avatar is tremendous. Surprised nobody has rolled out a Bumble avatar yet (and somewhat relieved since he still scares the sh!t outta me).

I won't take the Bumble, but I need a Xmas animation avatar. Be right back!

1.No one likes my new avatar as much as I do.

I hopped on your Xmas avatar bandwagon!

Edited by LabattBlue

bio - I hate 99% of christmas cookies ever made - the only ones worth eating are my mothers- because they taste delicious and I know I could eat off the floor in her kitchen - have you ever been to someone's house and vowed never to eat anything they ever make again? I can't tell whose jello mold has cat litter in it, won't risk it, and most of the time it doesn't matter because they can't cook or bake for ###### anyway.

I'm gonna go ahead and brag and say that I don't make 99% cookies. Last year I made Trios, Florentines, and Mixed-Nut Shortbread, and this year I made spiced pecans, candied chocolate-dipped orange peels, and lemon meringues. Next week it's more pecans and sugar cookies with orange butter frosting. Yeah... I kick a$$. ;)

Speaking of which the undead hand is awesome, even if it's sadly apropos.

Thanks, but I have to give credit to Deluca for the idea. He suggested it months ago, and while at the time I thought it premature...it sure has been feeling alot like SOS (Same Old Sabres) lately. I'm not hitting the panic button yet...but for me the hand broke through the ground when the whole team turtled in the Boston game, and has been slowly rising since.

Good call. Just because you grew up in Buffalo, doesn't mean he identifies with it. Every kid should have the choice to identify with their team own community... I have always told this to my kids.

Hence why I'm raising a Steelers fan. Got to say I'm proud of the kid as he shares my distaste of the Ravens,. He was born in Baltimore and rejected the Ravens..

I am sick of hearing about Arizona and the state's endless racist campaigns. I propose a test. Show the other 49 states 'The Grapes of Wrath', except, convert the words spoken by Henry Fonda and the rest of the migrant farm workers to Spanish, and lets see how they react. Show Arizona the same movie. I will guess the majority of the population in the other 49 states will call the movie a classic story of the American Dream. I will also guess that the majority of people in Arizona will call the movie an example how illegal immigrants are destroying America.

Cancer. Just found out my cousin who is only in his 30s has cancer in his spine, and only 1 month to live. :(

I am so sorry to hear about this. I will keep him in my prayers.

As for my complaint of the week, Suze Orman is extremely overrated! When I read about her telling a married couple not to have any more kids because they can't afford it on her husband's rather-high income, I thought that the poetic justice a mother of 8 fired toward Orman's direction was just perfect.

I am sick of hearing about Arizona and the state's endless racist campaigns. I propose a test. Show the other 49 states 'The Grapes of Wrath', except, convert the words spoken by Henry Fonda and the rest of the migrant farm workers to Spanish, and lets see how they react. Show Arizona the same movie. I will guess the majority of the population in the other 49 states will call the movie a classic story of the American Dream. I will also guess that the majority of people in Arizona will call the movie an example how illegal immigrants are destroying America.

What a load of crap this is. Have you ever been to Arizona? Do you know anyone who lives there? More importantly, do you not realize that you are doing to the 6.5MM people who live there exactly what you are accusing them of doing to the immigrants?

If you like Buffalo, and don't want people to slur the city and its residents, then don't do the same thing to other people/places.

• Like (+1) 2

What a load of crap this is. Have you ever been to Arizona? Do you know anyone who lives there? More importantly, do you not realize that you are doing to the 6.5MM people who live there exactly what you are accusing them of doing to the immigrants?

If you like Buffalo, and don't want people to slur the city and its residents, then don't do the same thing to other people/places.

I think Arizona should move their capital to WNY. Afterall, the residents there know what's best for them.

I wonder what his opinion of Sheriff Joe is. If it's what I think it is, I wouldn't be surprised in the least.

I think Arizona should move their capital to WNY. Afterall, the residents there know what's best for them.

Apparently the DOJ, the same fine folks who brought us Operation Fast and Furious, doesn't seem to think so.

Edited by Crosschecking

Jeez, all I have to complain about is still being sick. Oh, and tomorrow is my last day before vacation - and I am booked in meetings pretty much all day, and even have to go in early to our downtown branch for one meeting where I was volunteered to chair a committee (made up of people who are higher-ranked than me) followed by our monthly department meeting/"pep talk"/veiled threats meeting. awesome.

Don't take this the wrong way, as I'm fully aware that SDS has nothing to do with what is happening to me and I mean him or SabreSpace no disrespect but I CANT ###### STAND TYPING A 1000 WORD NOVEL FOR A POST ONLY TO HAVE IT SHOW UP COMPLETELY ###### UNREADABLE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO EDIT BACK TO NORMAL IN A TIMELY MANNER :censored: :censored: :censored: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

whew... i feel better now. :angel:

I got a brand new car and it was in for 4 recalls on Monday. One of the recalls was for the amplifier in the back. That night, I parked the car outside, next morning the rear defroster doesn't work. They had messed that up while fixing hte amplifier. Back to the shop yesterday. Also, my seat was squeaky, so that's been ordered and should be here on Monday or Tuesday. This work is all free to me except for the inconvenience. Therefore, my complaint is with the 2012 VW Jetta TDI. I had an 09 and it was a GREAT car. This 2012 model is essentially the same car with a few upgrades. It drives great, gets great mileage, but its just not the same. They did some cost cutting measures to bring more "frill" features to the car like a killer stereo, speakers, and a longer wheelbase but kept the overall cost the same as older models.

Some differences between the 09 and 12:

1) gas shocks on trunk and hood are gone. A really minor thing, but a major convenience on my older car.

2) Independent rear suspension is gone. I have't really noticed this, but it could come into play if i'm going 70 on the highway and have to avoid.

3) Dashboard is minimal. There's now a digital fuel gauge. There's not even a real fuel gauge, and water gauge is missing too. Again, the little things DO matter. I used to look at the water gauge as much as the speedometer. Lets me know if my car has come up to temperature properly.

4) Interior plastic molding. It's now just plastic. Used to be that soft faux leather stuff.

5) Front seat is no longer motorized. Hence the squeaky seat. In place of an actuator motor, there is now a spring that is rubbing the wrong way.

Those are my top 5 complaints. Again, if you're in the market for a new car, go for a 2012. If you want a used car, get an 09 TDI. They hold their values so much better than a gas car, so you'll pay slightly more, but its worth it. VW seemed to have made the decision to strip the Jettas and make people pay a premium for the Passat (~$5k-$10k more) to get the "luxury" features back. Their decision was probably a smart one based on their business model. However, I'll be paying more for the passat next time since they've cheapened a previously really really good car. I just need to get out of grad school first to pay for it!

Don't take this the wrong way, as I'm fully aware that SDS has nothing to do with what is happening to me and I mean him or SabreSpace no disrespect but I CANT ###### STAND TYPING A 1000 WORD NOVEL FOR A POST ONLY TO HAVE IT SHOW UP COMPLETELY ###### UNREADABLE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO EDIT BACK TO NORMAL IN A TIMELY MANNER :censored: :censored: :censored: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

How come no one else has this problem?

Unless I'm writing just a few lines, I always write my Sabrespace missives in a plain text file, then copy and paste it into the "Reply" field. That way, if it gets messed up, I have a backup copy. Sorry, I'm an IT guy, so I have this thing about making backup copies of everything.....

Today's complaint - board moderators who crop their avatars just at the point where they are getting interesting... :wub:

• Like (+1) 1

I got a brand new car and it was in for 4 recalls on Monday. One of the recalls was for the amplifier in the back. That night, I parked the car outside, next morning the rear defroster doesn't work. They had messed that up while fixing hte amplifier. Back to the shop yesterday. Also, my seat was squeaky, so that's been ordered and should be here on Monday or Tuesday. This work is all free to me except for the inconvenience. Therefore, my complaint is with the 2012 VW Jetta TDI. I had an 09 and it was a GREAT car. This 2012 model is essentially the same car with a few upgrades. It drives great, gets great mileage, but its just not the same. They did some cost cutting measures to bring more "frill" features to the car like a killer stereo, speakers, and a longer wheelbase but kept the overall cost the same as older models.

Some differences between the 09 and 12:

1) gas shocks on trunk and hood are gone. A really minor thing, but a major convenience on my older car.

2) Independent rear suspension is gone. I have't really noticed this, but it could come into play if i'm going 70 on the highway and have to avoid.

3) Dashboard is minimal. There's now a digital fuel gauge. There's not even a real fuel gauge, and water gauge is missing too. Again, the little things DO matter. I used to look at the water gauge as much as the speedometer. Lets me know if my car has come up to temperature properly.

4) Interior plastic molding. It's now just plastic. Used to be that soft faux leather stuff.

5) Front seat is no longer motorized. Hence the squeaky seat. In place of an actuator motor, there is now a spring that is rubbing the wrong way.

Those are my top 5 complaints. Again, if you're in the market for a new car, go for a 2012. If you want a used car, get an 09 TDI. They hold their values so much better than a gas car, so you'll pay slightly more, but its worth it. VW seemed to have made the decision to strip the Jettas and make people pay a premium for the Passat (~$5k-$10k more) to get the "luxury" features back. Their decision was probably a smart one based on their business model. However, I'll be paying more for the passat next time since they've cheapened a previously really really good car. I just need to get out of grad school first to pay for it!

My car doesn't have a temp gauge on it, but I really haven't minded not having. the problem I now have with my car (2011 Subaru Legacy, Sedan): I don't like my electronic parking brake anymore. i thought it would be pretty cool, but now, it's more of an inconvenience that it's not a hand brake. cool concept tho.

Today's complaint: I grow accustomed to the sound of my alarm clock, so I constantly have to change the sound that I wake up to. Well, today, I didn't wake up to the sound that I've been using for a few weeks. Time to change it again <_< I hate not being able to stop and get coffee en route to the office :thumbdown: I do love that my dog knows when I'm supposed to be awake though.

Try something different. Is it your browser? Your computer?

Does anyone believe in defensive driving anymore? I don't know how many moving violation tickets are issued on any given day, but patrols need to be increased and the number of tickets need to be doubled or tripled.

You'd love Boston driving. If you don't tail someone through an intersection, someone coming the other way WILL try to turn left through that tiny window. It's a scientific fact. All of the things people always complain about with people from Boston, they're all true.

Oh, and after today I'm on vacation until 1/3. Doesn't sound like a complaint, I know. But even with that, I can't stop thinking about what I'm going to do when I get back. I should be thinking about my vacation. Then again, maybe it's not seeing the girlfriend for 11 days... yeah, that's the complaint right there.

• Like (+1) 1