Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Sorry...I honestly forgot that I said something in my first post...re-read it and was like wow! I look like I'm trying to get birthday wishes (not my intention).

can I go home from work now?

Here, I'll join the club. Mine is monday, the last one I'll celebrate for 10 years. And yes, you can leave.

:lol: I wish that I could, I really do. The guy that sits across from me just came into the office and heard the signing, and he let out a big sigh and a loud "you've got to be f#@%ing kidding me!!". I think he just may take care of this for all of us. :thumbsup:

Ironically this is the same guy that has the geico pig weee weee weee ringtone that I mentioned a few weeks ago on here.

This reminded me of two people here. The woman in the office next to me has some sort of machine that plays the noise of crickets all day. Other than making me want to fall asleep, it's just more strange than anything. There's also this one guy who walks up and down the hallway all day whistling constantly. That's one sound that cuts through my ears so badly. I can't stand it, so damn high pitched. Anyway, one day the merry whistler walks by my office, stops, turns back, then says "hey, do you every want to go over there and hunt down those things?". My response was something to the effect of "you have no idea".

Here, I'll join the club. Mine is monday, the last one I'll celebrate for 10 years. And yes, you can leave.

the last one you'll celebrate for 10 years? better make it a fun day/night :thumbsup:

This reminded me of two people here. The woman in the office next to me has some sort of machine that plays the noise of crickets all day. Other than making me want to fall asleep, it's just more strange than anything. There's also this one guy who walks up and down the hallway all day whistling constantly. That's one sound that cuts through my ears so badly. I can't stand it, so damn high pitched. Anyway, one day the merry whistler walks by my office, stops, turns back, then says "hey, do you every want to go over there and hunt down those things?". My response was something to the effect of "you have no idea".

There's one thing that drives me nuts and it's people whistling. I don't know why, I just hate it. Add that on top of crickets chirping all day, and I'm pretty sure I would tweak. props to you for not...

All right. Enough is enough. Leave the guy alone--you know who I'm talking about and you know who I'm talking to (but I don't know who I'm talking to).

He needs to stop talking about it. I suspect that it would die a natural death if he did, but he keeps picking the scab.

• Like (+1) 2

There's one thing that drives me nuts and it's people whistling. I don't know why, I just hate it. Add that on top of crickets chirping all day, and I'm pretty sure I would tweak. props to you for not...

I used to fall asleep every summer night to the sound of crickets, so I'm more worried about staying awake than anything. You get used to most annoying office sounds after time though. Well, as long as it's not C_V's annoying office sounds. I don't think you can ever get over that.

Everyone has a co-worker that annoys them to some degree, but I'm here to tell you I have the most annoying co-worker ever. Bar none. Everything this woman does is annoying to everyone. Talking constantly about herself, interrupting you constantly in meetings and one on one conversations, excessively over the top dramatic reactions to the most routine matters. I loathe every second that I'm forced to interact with her. But recently it has just gone too far. My office area sits directly outside a laboratory and the above mentioned co-worker has recently moved into that lab space and has spent a great deal of time in there working over the last week or so. As she works she listens to her ipod while singing along AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS!!! Not regular singing like one who realizes they don't have a good voice might do when alone, but overly dramatic loud singing like she is on an american idol audition. My ears feel like they may begin to bleed at any moment and I forgot my own ipod / headphones today so I can't drown out this noise. It is totally beyond me how anyone could be so oblivious to their own annoying behavior. :censored: :censored:

You've definitely got me on this one, but what I highlighted describes a number of people I work with (most of them superiors) to a T. I don't know what it is with everyone who has to interrupt you...especially when you're trying to answer their question. Dominating the conversation doesn't exactly inspire a team effort.

I shouldn't just limit it to college students, I guess. Just about every lease in Boston expires August 31st. It gets really ugly.

Just found out that one of my friends is one of the many people moving right now in Boston so I gave her a "go to hell" for ya. :thumbsup:

I'm seriously contemplating a mid-life (I'm 42) career change into the medical field...back to school, starting a degree from scratch, the whole nine yards. I haven't been to college in over 20 years, and I've worked for myself for the last 15 years. In my head I know it's probably a smart decision, but it's really, really scary. :(

I know I already complained about it, but my god, I've never seen anything like this. People who just have to get through that red light so they block the intersection. This of course happening in all 4 directions at the same time. Cars who get sick of waiting that they decide to drive down the wrong side of the road... and of course cars start coming that direction the second they do. 40 minutes for a drive that I could walk in about 5-10. I need a 6 pack.

Smaller players who are good have such an advantage in non-hitting leagues that it pisses me off. Some littler ###### can come and hit me off the puck, but because I'm bigger and don't fall down he gets no penalty. At the same time, if I'm holding my position on the ice and he comes and runs into me but then falls down, I'm getting a penalty.

I'm pretty sure that if there were no refs in beer league games, the players would be more honest and they would be better officiated. They are worthless. And most of them are arrogant a$$holes to boot.

I almost never post in this forum, but lately I'm finding myself wanting to rent Falling Down.

To keep the work gripes moving.......

The Lean Cuisine ArmyTM. The gaggle of Supply Chain hens that occupy the same floor as me at work. They'll spend hours in the break room cackling away. Making a mess....and apparently not a damn one of them seem to know how to make a pot of coffee when it runs out. I don't have to work with them, so I can't speak to their value to the company, but the seriously are in the damn breakroom every time I go in for a drink. Not to mention.....who the hell microwaves fish? The whole damn floor stank for hours.

Also, remember people.... Use your directionals when driving. I'm trying to get my integrated shock collar bill pushed through the House, so might as well get used to it now. And really? Is it that freakin' difficult?

• Like (+1) 1

Smaller players who are good have such an advantage in non-hitting leagues that it pisses me off. Some littler ###### can come and hit me off the puck, but because I'm bigger and don't fall down he gets no penalty. At the same time, if I'm holding my position on the ice and he comes and runs into me but then falls down, I'm getting a penalty.

I'm pretty sure that if there were no refs in beer league games, the players would be more honest and they would be better officiated. They are worthless. And most of them are arrogant a$$holes to boot.

How about teams named "Hackpack" who live up to the name? It was so fun watching my team beat them tuesday, especially since they were the one's that tore our best player's ACL. This team was such a bunch of goons that they're even taunting me while I'm standing on the bench. One idiot kid even decided to shoot a puck into a scrum that was along the boards. It was hilarious watching him whine to the ref after he got tossed for it.

And kevbeau, that was one amazing mini-rant. :thumbsup:

I know I already complained about it, but my god, I've never seen anything like this. People who just have to get through that red light so they block the intersection. This of course happening in all 4 directions at the same time. Cars who get sick of waiting that they decide to drive down the wrong side of the road... and of course cars start coming that direction the second they do. 40 minutes for a drive that I could walk in about 5-10. I need a 6 pack.

Can I just add the a holes who cruise up the shoulder on the 290 about a mile away from the next exit while you are sitting still in the lane and wanna take your mirrors off.

Over the past two weeks, the two trucks that I've been in have been in the shop at least 6 days. I've lost a lot of money over this. Hopefully, the nightmare of sitting still has come to an end this morning. It just won't make up for the lost time and wages.