Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

And since it wasn't, I might as well complain about the fact that the thread started decided to pull the plug. He really ruined things there.

I've been waiting for this thread to open again just so I could agree with this complaint. That thread was great in a "Worlds Wildest Police Videos" kinda way.

My other complaint is that I'm exhausted. I need a weekend to just sleep. TGIAF.

Finally got my "raise" (3 months later), and after factoring in my new student loan payments I am effectively making less money than I was two years ago. :(

I think it's time to start job-hunting.

Not trying to sound condescending or anything (because I feel like I need a new job, too), but at least you have one. We just laid off a bunch of employees this week, one of which was in my unit. One guy got a new job right away - he works for a consulting company, so they found him something quickly - but others are going to have a hard time these days.

Bruised ribs - the guy interfered and hit me in a no hitting league. Probably won't play for a month and every breath hurts.

Beer league refs - I got the penalty because I'm big and the other guy fell down.

Racism - one comment by a really smart person makes them sound like a complete idiot.

Autism - constant work and pain (even more with a bruised rib).

NJDMV - 'nuff said.

The debt ceiling "crisis" - It's a non-story and completely manufactured by Washington and the media, and it's caused me to have to work late every day this week.

On a positive note - My vacation starts tomorrow.

Bruised ribs - the guy interfered and hit me in a no hitting league. Probably won't play for a month and every breath hurts.

Beer league refs - I got the penalty because I'm big and the other guy fell down.

It could be worse. The kid I mentioned in my post here last week has a torn ACL, torn meniscus, and cartilage damage. The surgery's tomorrow. I hope I never see that ref again because he's going to hear it from me if I do.

And on to this week. Drivers around here have to be the most impatient group I have ever seen. Last night I was waiting to turn left through 2 lanes of traffic. There was a constant flow of cars in both lanes, so obviously I couldn't go anywhere. This fool behind me starts laying on the horn. He just held the damn thing down, so of course I have to flip the bird. Are you in that much of a hurry to get t-boned in an intersection? He must have really wanted to get some time off from work or something. But anyway, of course I had to make the slowest turn imaginable once traffic did let up. I do have to say that I enjoyed driving 5mph down the middle of the side street that I turned onto.

I hate that middle of the night dilemma with cracked ribs...the "can I fall back asleep without peeing?" question.

I won't even talk about sneezing.

It could be worse. The kid I mentioned in my post here last week has a torn ACL, torn meniscus, and cartilage damage. The surgery's tomorrow. I hope I never see that ref again because he's going to hear it from me if I do.

That sucks.

Every time you challenge this ref, he tells you how long he's been around and how he's seen it all. Dude, you're 26. You don't know $#!t. If you're giving me a penalty, then tell me to go to the box an shut my mouth. I don't want to hear your resume.

The debt ceiling "crisis" - It's a non-story and completely manufactured by Washington and the media, and it's caused me to have to work late every day this week.

That whole thing ticked me off...all of that panic and TV coverage so we can raise the limit on how much we owe. It's like telling your credit card company to raise your limit when you haven't paid your bill.

And forget about how the legislators came off looking like heroes just because they got a deal done right before the deadline.

Not trying to sound condescending or anything (because I feel like I need a new job, too), but at least you have one. We just laid off a bunch of employees this week, one of which was in my unit. One guy got a new job right away - he works for a consulting company, so they found him something quickly - but others are going to have a hard time these days.

No offense taken... my mom is unemployed and has been for a while, so I do feel a little bad complaining since I am glad to have a job. Doesn't change the fact that I'm grossly underpaid and our institution exploits the fact that there are essentially no other competitors within about 1.5 hours of here to continue underpaying everyone.

A powder blue prius blew through a red light that had been red for 15 seconds or more and plowed into the driver's side of my car... Thankfully the stupid kid didn't kill me.

Yikes! Glad you're alright, kitten.

damn prius's...

I blame this fully on the Prius. Because if you buy a Prius, you obviously don't care about driving at all and it's just something you have to do every day. And if you don't care about something, then you don't put any effort into doing it well.

I blame this fully on the Prius. Because if you buy a Prius, you obviously don't care about driving at all and it's just something you have to do every day. And if you don't care about something, then you don't put any effort into doing it well.

true story!

My only complaint today? My iTunes wasn't working for the first hour i was at work. i hate working in silence! :thumbdown:

otherwise, nothing to really complain about yet today!

That sucks.

Every time you challenge this ref, he tells you how long he's been around and how he's seen it all. Dude, you're 26. You don't know $#!t. If you're giving me a penalty, then tell me to go to the box an shut my mouth. I don't want to hear your resume.

Those guys are always the best. Sometimes I wish I had a rulebook on hand to point out every mistake they make. I bet that would go over really well. But then again, my league seems to have covered themselves on that by saying they follow some sort of hybrid set of rules.

Those guys are always the best. Sometimes I wish I had a rulebook on hand to point out every mistake they make. I bet that would go over really well. But then again, my league seems to have covered themselves on that by saying they follow some sort of hybrid set of rules.

It's called the Prius rulebook.

• Like (+1) 1

That whole thing ticked me off...all of that panic and TV coverage so we can raise the limit on how much we owe. It's like telling your credit card company to raise your limit when you haven't paid your bill.

And forget about how the legislators came off looking like heroes just because they got a deal done right before the deadline.

Well, since you mentioned it, Bloomberg.com has a story going on right now about how this has not helped the markets by any means.

Not stating my opinion. Just sayin'.