Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm not a big fan of defensemen who panic as I'm pressuring them and flip a puck straight up into the air into my throat.

I'm sure you'd rather have him put it right on your tape. I'd just do a spin-a-rama and lose you in my rear-view mirror, Shrades.

I'm filling in on a new team this summer. Their goalie is an older guy who can't move at all. We lost our first 2 months of games very badly. We were playing the games tight, but when more than half of the shots faced go in, you're in trouble. The league bounced us down to the lowest level based soley on our goal differential. We've been there for 2 games and we've won both as big as we were losing before. So in a way, we're kind of that team you're talking about, complete with 2 or 3 of those college kids, except this time, it's the league's fault, not ours. Every so often you'll get the good player like that who will try to spread the wealth and pass the puck all over the place. Not our kids. They want to go coast to coast every single game.

Last game was fun. The other team got frustrated, so they chipped away at me since they couldn't catch the college kids. One guy literally closelined me at one point as I make a quick move around him. Take a wild guess who wound up in the box. Me of course. It was fun though because I went crazy on the ref and got tossed.

The dude who clotheslined you got nothing? How the F did that happen? Damn, I'd quit reffing if I was THAT bad!

Doesn't sound like panic to me. Sounds like a good play to get you off his back. :)

QFT!

Maybe you should flip a puck straight up into the air into his throat. :)

Shrader doesn't have the skills or wherewithal to do so, HA!

US Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2010

"Jeremy Roenick headlines a list of five members that make up the United States Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2010.

The class, which also includes Derian Hatcher, Kevin Hatcher, Art Berglund and Dr. V. George Nagobads, will be enshrined on October 21 at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York."

Seriously? They have to induct Derian Hatcher the year the event will be in Buffalo?

F Hatcher

Am I missing the connection?

Captain of the Stars who won the Cup on a disputed goal in Buffalo in 1999? Getting it now?

My complaint - retards who don't GO when the light turns green. Especially when I'm further back in line, and my getting through depends on all 6-10 drivers in front of me going when able to do so. Put your damn phone down and PAY ATTENTION, ######!

It's over 100 degrees here, with the heat index over 110. I thank the gods of weather that I purchased new heat pumps for my house in april, but I hate the fact that my door knob burns my hand when I open the door. I hate that I cannot breathe outside, and I really hate being confined to my house in the middle of the summertime. super hot weather sucks.

"Jeremy Roenick headlines a list of five members that make up the United States Hockey Hall of Fame Class of 2010.

The class, which also includes Derian Hatcher, Kevin Hatcher, Art Berglund and Dr. V. George Nagobads, will be enshrined on October 21 at HSBC Arena in Buffalo, New York."

Seriously? They have to induct Derian Hatcher the year the event will be in Buffalo?

Dr. V George Nagobads ?????

Sounds like Darcy's alter-ego he uses in the bedroom. And when making imaginary free agent signings.

No more original episodes of Law & Order. Then again, it wasn't the same after Jerry Orbach left (and subsequently passed away). :(

It wasn't the same after Michael Moriarty left, but it still was decent for a few years.

It's over 100 degrees here, with the heat index over 110. I thank the gods of weather that I purchased new heat pumps for my house in april, but I hate the fact that my door knob burns my hand when I open the door. I hate that I cannot breathe outside, and I really hate being confined to my house in the middle of the summertime. super hot weather sucks.

I know of this awesome city with four seasons, great architecture, great restaurants, jobs (suddenly!), relatively inexpensive housing, family friendly, oh, and SABRES. You should consider it.

I'm sure you'd rather have him put it right on your tape. I'd just do a spin-a-rama and lose you in my rear-view mirror, Shrades.

The dude who clotheslined you got nothing? How the F did that happen? Damn, I'd quit reffing if I was THAT bad!

QFT!

Shrader doesn't have the skills or wherewithal to do so, HA!

F Hatcher

Captain of the Stars who won the Cup on a disputed goal in Buffalo in 1999? Getting it now?

My complaint - retards who don't GO when the light turns green. Especially when I'm further back in line, and my getting through depends on all 6-10 drivers in front of me going when able to do so. Put your damn phone down and PAY ATTENTION, ######!

This is just a highly aggressive post. Very appropriate on Kaleta extension celebration day.

Dr. V George Nagobads ?????

Sounds like Darcy's alter-ego he uses in the bedroom. And when making imaginary free agent signings.

this was pretty funny.

I know of this awesome city with four seasons, great architecture, great restaurants, jobs (suddenly!), relatively inexpensive housing, family friendly, oh, and SABRES. You should consider it.

very nice.

:death:

Let's hope he doesn't pour salt in our wounds - for obvious reasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to hear, Taro. Dogs need to live about 30 years longer.

I just got back to Boston two days ago from my week and a half vacation and I'm quickly realizing that I really don't want to be here anymore. Now if only I could find that exit. I lucked my way into an interview while I was in Buffalo, but I get the feeling that it won't go anywhere.

Been working overnights at Tim horton's while I try to find a better job. They've had me off since last week for 7 days and now I'm scheduled to be on for 8 in a row. Who comes up with this sh*t?

Sounds a little like a swing shift? :blink:

I briefly worked at Tonawanda Coke and they had swing shifts there as well....

*coughs up sulfur and sift*

Ahhh, those were the days!

Sounds a little like a swing shift? :blink:

I briefly worked at Tonawanda Coke and they had swing shifts there as well....

*coughs up sulfur and sift*

Ahhh, those were the days!

Got lucky, turns out they gave me tonight off. Still means 6 days in a row though...at least I have next weekend off, which will let me get home for the Erie County Fair.

Why is that friggin' thread closed today?

I think I'm gonna have to put my dog down tomorrow. This evening sucks.

Sorry to hear that man. My dog ran away and a random old lady called me yesterday from about 1/2 mile away. Luckily she came running home about 2 minutes later, but for about 10 minutes I had the fear of God in me. I can't imagine when the day comes where I have to walk in your shoes. I'll be thinking of you!

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've said this this Summer, but it's %@#$in' hot.

This sh*t seriously needs to stop. There's a reason I don't live in FLA and it's weather like this. Come on now, Football is starting, so where are my fall temperatures?

I'm schwitzen everywhere!

My complaint; timewarps, ... What the 'HE double hockey sticks' happened to summer already? I can't believe Labor day weekends upon us already and I still haven't finished staining the fence... The older I get the faster time seems to march on...... :thumbdown:

The weather made it pretty hilarious out here in Boston yesterday. September 1st is always a big moving day out here with all the kids coming back for school. Since I hate all the students, I love the fact that they had to move all their heavy crap in 96 degree heat.

I know this is old, but whatever happened to the idea of States Rights? Arizona did the right thing when Governor Brewer signed SB 1070 into law back in April of this year, and now the elitists on the Left want to pillory and crucify honorable men like Sheriff Joe Arpaio. What criminal nonsense! :wallbash: