Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

It's hot.

I'm in a foul mood today. Incoming.

+21 on the heat. +1 just doesn't cut it.

I flew to San Antonio and back on Monday. Delta gave me the seat just behind the jet engine and just in front of the bathroom. I couldn't hear myself think and everything smelled like crap. Really. Worst flight ever. I kept having flashbacks of the "Lost" pilot as that's what it sounded like back there.

We're moving office buildings because my company doesn't want to pay for this office. Moving back to a place we used to be. The area of town is worse (most dangerous public transportation stop in the city), parking is more expensive, and the floor above us has a data center on it. Not a problem, except for when the Lieberts kick on the floor rattles and the noise is god awful. At the same time, they bumped our health insurance by 20% (for those of us on ONE plan, they left the other one alone) and passed on raises this year. The whole time, they're telling us that "work balance" and "employee satisfaction" is a high priority. Bah. I just want to do my job without having to deal with crap like this.

I haven't had a weekend without company in over a month.

Okay. I feel better! That's just so therapeutic.

We're moving office buildings because my company doesn't want to pay for this office. Moving back to a place we used to be. The area of town is worse (most dangerous public transportation stop in the city), parking is more expensive, and the floor above us has a data center on it. Not a problem, except for when the Lieberts kick on the floor rattles and the noise is god awful. At the same time, they bumped our health insurance by 20% (for those of us on ONE plan, they left the other one alone) and passed on raises this year. The whole time, they're telling us that "work balance" and "employee satisfaction" is a high priority. Bah. I just want to do my job without having to deal with crap like this.

No outsourcing of jobs to India?

I'm currently maxing out the processing capabilities of two different computers while posting this from a third one. Not a lot of room on my desk today.

Still going on one of the computers. This needs to be done today, but right now it looks like I could be here until 9.

Is it for cosmetic reasons?

I suppose that would be my calves...my gout is acting up and I'm allergic to alopurinol (sp?), the main treatment for gout. So I'm stuck with taking colcichine, an arthritic treatment, which makes me pee out of my butt and vicotin for the pain, which makes me want to vomit.

Edit: I must be gaining a tolerance for vicotin, making me feel good right about now.

I suppose that would be my calves...my gout is acting up and I'm allergic to alopurinol (sp?), the main treatment for gout. So I'm stuck with taking colcichine, an arthritic treatment, which makes me pee out of my butt and vicotin for the pain, which makes me want to vomit.

Edit: I must be gaining a tolerance for vicotin, making me feel good right about now.

My understanding is that gout is treatable if you cut down on booze and red meat. That's a high price to pay, but better than painkillers and/or amputation.

My understanding is that gout is treatable if you cut down on booze and red meat. That's a high price to pay, but better than painkillers and/or amputation.

I'm well aware of the booze and red meat factors. Based on my experience, I can't seem to find a correlation with red meat but the booze on the other hand...

As the weather for the rest of this weekend is going to be GORGEOUS, I decided to take tomorrow off. When I went to put my name on the calendar, I discovered that my backup had already beaten me to it. So, I must work in his place tomorrow, despite the fact that I have more seniority. (Well, he did request the time off first, but it still bugs me).

As the weather for the rest of this weekend is going to be GORGEOUS, I decided to take tomorrow off. When I went to put my name on the calendar, I discovered that my backup had already beaten me to it. So, I must work in his place tomorrow, despite the fact that I have more seniority. (Well, he did request the time off first, but it still bugs me).

Cough, cough. I think you are coming down with something, you don't want to get the whole office sick. Cough, cough.

People who don't use turn signals. More specifically, people who don't use a turn signal and then turn right from the left lane at a red light with a "no turn on red" sign while I'm in the middle of a crosswalk. F'er basically floored it too.

I came down with some kinda sickness on Tuesday that left me sore and aching all over and wanting nothing but sleep when I got home from work. I had no energy at work yesterday and dragged myself through to come home and sleep more. Late last night I started getting a really nasty headache and I still have it this morning. Called into work because Advil doesn't seem to help at all and wearing a hard hat all day would have been murder. Wondering if I should go to the hospital for some antibiotics or something. Ughhhh.

People who talk over each other in meetings. I may have mentioned this more than once, but it keeps happening in my office for some reason. We even did one of those team-building/how-to-make-life-better-for-everyone things and created rules for meetings. Rule #1 said "One conversation at a time", which (last I checked) doesn't mean "2 people talking about the same topic simultaneously".

For some reason, every 4th of July weekend, my daughter decides to have a seizure. This morning the fireworks came early. Oh well, I might as well enjoy the day off and it really is nice out.

For some reason, every 4th of July weekend, my daughter decides to have a seizure. This morning the fireworks came early. Oh well, I might as well enjoy the day off and it really is nice out.

Dude, take good care. Nothing serious I hope.