Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Found out through a pair of voicemails from my mom that my grandfather had been in the hospital since Sept 29, and just passed away yesterday morning. Second Thanksgiving in a row that's been less than thankful. Last year my grandmother who raised me passed away right before Thanksgiving. Haven't been able to sleep a second since hearing the news. Gah.

Found out through a pair of voicemails from my mom that my grandfather had been in the hospital since Sept 29, and just passed away yesterday morning. Second Thanksgiving in a row that's been less than thankful. Last year my grandmother who raised me passed away right before Thanksgiving. Haven't been able to sleep a second since hearing the news. Gah.

My condolences JuJu, keep the chin up. :thumbsup: Thankfully I have no complaints today. :worthy:

So my coffee didn't taste good this morning, and now I have to wait to make another pot....ugh

I do love the days when I can hang both Bills and Sabres flags outside my house...

I have nothing really to complain about today

Day Off, Sabres, Bills, Ottos...Yeaaaaaah it's gonna be a good day

So my coffee didn't taste good this morning, and now I have to wait to make another pot....ugh

I do love the days when I can hang both Bills and Sabres flags outside my house...

I have nothing really to complain about today

Day Off, Sabres, Bills, Ottos...Yeaaaaaah it's gonna be a good day

If we go 0-2 today, I'm gonna be depressed (not like I'm already down and out because I was wrongly terminated).

If we go 1-1, it may not be so bad (so long as that victory has blue and gold all over it).

If we go 2-0, I'll be pleasantly surprised and it will lift my spirits up (even as I pound the pavement looking for work).

Been waiting all week for this. I spent 3 hours in the ER Wednesday night after someone thought it was a good idea to smash a beer bottle on my head. I get the stitches out today, but unfortunately I'm not going to attend my work x-mas party this weekend as I don't want to explain to the CEO/Owner that I'm a retard that gets in bar brawls and ends up in the hospital. Then again, he probably already knows this...

Been waiting all week for this. I spent 3 hours in the ER Wednesday night after someone thought it was a good idea to smash a beer bottle on my head. I get the stitches out today, but unfortunately I'm not going to attend my work x-mas party this weekend as I don't want to explain to the CEO/Owner that I'm a retard that gets in bar brawls and ends up in the hospital. Then again, he probably already knows this...

You didn't need to overstate the obvious.

Don't let that stop you from going to the xmas party!

Wear a hat, come up with a herioc story but don't insult the owner by not attending his employee's party.

My complaint today, a group or society that makes people afraid of being themselves for fear of rejection or retribution.

I'm guessing there is slightly more to the story than this. Care to elaborate? C'mon, we want details! :ph34r:

I rise today to attack incompetency. Boring old incompetency.

Obvious warning signs pre-911 ignored.

Government at all levels woefully prepared to respond to Katrina.

One pilot pulls back on the stick when he should have done the opposite. Two more are doing God knows what when they ignore radio calls and overfly an airport by 150 miles.

There were no WMDs in Iraq (OK, more than competency, but still...)

A couple of years ago a military plane accidentally flew over US soil with a nuclear payload.

We botch elections in this country, and we botch oaths of office. The president-elect and the chief justice of the Supreme Court couldn't get on the same page!

Now two wannabe reality show actors walk up to the White House and get into the State dinner without an invitation!

God save the Republic! From us!

Let me guess....North Tonawanda?

Wear a hat, come up with a herioc story but don't insult the owner by not attending his employee's party.

Meh, I need to see what the cut looks like Saturday. I also don't want to explain to 500 different people what happened, especially considering I'm in management.

I'm guessing there is slightly more to the story than this. Care to elaborate? C'mon, we want details! :ph34r:

Not too much, typical bar room antics. A nudge here, a shove there. I believe the individual reponsible was not involved in the initial altercation but rather was "pissed off" someone spilled his drink.

No, Ink's from Rochester. Hey, Ink, just this week, a guy got sentenced to TWO YEARS for smashing a beer glass on someone's head on Delaware Avenue last year.

I've got some info, but I haven't had time to pursue it much. I've got some feelers out. He's from my town and trust me, this is my town. Eventually he'll get his...

First off, thanks to everyone for their concerns. As much as we may agree or disagree on some things, it is reassuring that this forum has become something of a close-knit community.

Here's what really sucks: I have to look for a new job. I no longer have a job with them. However, the silver lining is that I have been home for all this time and at least I have a bachelor's degree in a totally unrelated field. So, here's to finding a job where I can at least be home every night and off the road.

Sorry to hear it, XC. Let me echo 11's urge to exercise. There are plenty of good sabres & hockey podcasts to listen to on the ipod while you are exercising.

Ink -- I think Dudly is right on this one.

Here's my complaint: My 9-year-old plays on a travel soccer team in a pretty competitive league. Last weekend his team played the team that is the best team in the league every season. They beat my kid's team last fall and last spring and were undefeated going into this game. So, my kid's team wins in a 3-2 thriller. My complaint is about the other team's coach. He was a complete jerk the entire time. He was yelling at his team and at the ref and refused to shake hands with our coach after the game.

The real kicker, though, is that on quite a few occasions, he would stand a couple of steps on the field of play while our team had the ball on that sideline -- i.e. he was interfering with our team's attempts to bring the ball in or out of the zone. He was intentionally affecting the play -- literally cheating in a soccer game played by a bunch of kids. Are you kidding me? What a bozo.

Why do half the drivers on the road seem to be in such a rush? I was the second car in line at a red light this AM and the car coming up behind pulled around me into the right lane. (Apparently waiting behind two cars would have been too much of a delay). THEN when the light turned green, the car in front of me gets the jump on Mr. Hurry-up and gets away from the light first. Hurry-up then cuts me off trying to get back into my lane because there is a car parked a half-block from the intersection (which he could see from the right lane). So, Hurry-up almost causes an accident so he can get one car length closer to his destination. Almost makes me want to go out an buy a Humvee..... :angry: