Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I love snow. Love it. Seeing the Weather Channel report from my avitar every hour is killin' me.

I don't know that you would like this. 16 degrees (actual, that's not with the windchill). Not nearly as much snow falling as there is blowing around. (Actually, no snow is falling right now.) Snow on the ground, in your socks, on your car and your stairs while a 30-mph wind is blowing, well, if you like that, you should come back home.

To make it worse, word is that Ellicottville, etc. didn't get much. So it's not even going to make for good powder for the weekend.

The Subway list complaint bite me in the ass again. Stop at Subway on Tuesday on my lunch break. Forgot it was $3.99 footlong day, so the line is long but moving at an acceptable pace. I'm in line for about 10 minutes until I get "on deck". Girl behind the counter asks the woman in front of me what kind of bread she wants and that fat cow says "I need six sandwiches." :censored: me. Turned around and walked out.

The Subway list complaint bite me in the ass again. Stop at Subway on Tuesday on my lunch break. Forgot it was $3.99 footlong day, so the line is long but moving at an acceptable pace. I'm in line for about 10 minutes until I get "on deck". Girl behind the counter asks the woman in front of me what kind of bread she wants and that fat cow says "I need six sandwiches." :censored: me. Turned around and walked out.

You should have stayed and watched her eat the six sandwiches.

Really? Your complaint is that the PA guy is doing exactly what he's supposed to?

You're right. That complaint didn't make any sense at all. Every PA announcer is a homer. It's their job.

Ok, my two cents. Yes, this is a complaint thread. However, I do have something to rejoice about. I have two job offers. Now I have to decide before the end of the week who I want to work for. Yes, it would involve me going back into trucking; but if someone is willing to give me a shot to where I can clear my name over bogus allegations, then that's what I'm willing to do. Then again, everything could fall through and I still wind up with nothing by next Monday.

This whole experience of being unemployed really can be humbling. I can't help but wonder what has happened to henysgol as of late (and I know that he said he was really struggling a few weeks ago). I hope he's doing all right.

You're right. That complaint didn't make any sense at all. Every PA announcer is a homer. It's their job.

Ok, my two cents. Yes, this is a complaint thread. However, I do have something to rejoice about. I have two job offers. Now I have to decide before the end of the week who I want to work for. Yes, it would involve me going back into trucking; but if someone is willing to give me a shot to where I can clear my name over bogus allegations, then that's what I'm willing to do. Then again, everything could fall through and I still wind up with nothing by next Monday.

This whole experience of being unemployed really can be humbling. I can't help but wonder what has happened to henysgol as of late (and I know that he said he was really struggling a few weeks ago). I hope he's doing all right.

That was a really brief period of unemployment, if something comes through, which we all hope it does.

I miss Milt Ellis. There was a cool understatement there.

Dr. D4rksabre, please call your answering service.

very nice.

congrats on the job. Separately, I've been wondering about hensygol myself. If anyone knows how to reach him -- please do.