Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

After taking a load from Virginia to Iowa en route to new hire orientation in northwest Iowa, I can honestly say that I am about to complete my first full week of employment with the new company.

Congrats, and good luck.

Southern hockey fans. Went to see the Thrashers and Stars tonight. I'd be surprised if that place was more than half full. Same old Max, BTW. Skate like hell and then cough up the puck.

Doesn't this make you glad that he's somewhere else now instead of wearing blue and gold of OBS?

You can't say he's not producing despite his old flaws though. But then I guess every blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

He may be producing, but the biggest negative against Max is his horribly bad habit of skating like Eric Heiden and beating the puck to the finish line.

No, just that I won't be complaining today. Next week might be another story though. I'm not a big fan of new years. Most of the time it ends up pretty boring.

New Years = Amateur Hour

The best part about having my own family was the ability to avoid bs like new years festivities.

Seeing as I've asked Santa for the exact same thing for the last five years and he hasn't delivered, I think he must have lost my address. It can't be the naughty/nice thing, could it? I'm good to my mom, my job is helping to cure cancer, I don't have a dog to kick and I brush and floss every day. Maybe next year I'll just ask for socks..... :(

Seeing as I've asked Santa for the exact same thing for the last five years and he hasn't delivered, I think he must have lost my address. It can't be the naughty/nice thing, could it? I'm good to my mom, my job is helping to cure cancer, I don't have a dog to kick and I brush and floss every day. Maybe next year I'll just ask for socks..... :(

Well there's your problem. I don't see a cure yet.

My complaint is that this warm blip in the weather is going to completely screw up the ice down at the creek for the weekend. Playing hockey outside for three hours last night was awesome, and now the ice is going to get all bumpy from the rain and (relatively) warm temperatures.

Bah humbug!

Other than that, enjoy some Christmas spirits everyone. :beer:

Low man on the totem pole at my job, so I got stuck working Christmas Eve. No biggie, closing early and all that, except one of our guests decided to wait until we were closing to call for her ride. Had to wait in an empty facility until her ride got there 20 minutes later.

My complaint is against myself. While I am glad that I started a new job last week, I should not have openly broadcast it all over the place. I should have been more considerate toward those who are still unemployed and can't find work. My sincere apologies. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I think the transmission on my truck is shitting the bed. :(

Try changing the fluid. I thought my tranny was toast (and thus a new car was needed), but the mechanic told me that new fluid had a 50/50 shot of fixing it. I gave it a shot and for the last 2 months it's worked better than in the last couple of years.

Try changing the fluid. I thought my tranny was toast (and thus a new car was needed), but the mechanic told me that new fluid had a 50/50 shot of fixing it. I gave it a shot and for the last 2 months it's worked better than in the last couple of years.

Keep that mechanic, a good complaint is all the dishonest mechanics that take you for ride with needless repairs.