Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Wisdom tooth pulled yesterday and a double root canal this morning. I am here to complain about younger me being too much of a dumb arse to take better care of his chompers. (FWIW, at this point - Novocain not fully worn off - I am not sure what all the fuss is about re: root canals)

• Thanks (+1) 1

On 1/4/2024 at 4:43 PM, shrader said:

The 19-20 year old across the street from me has the loudest damn car imaginable. He uses a remote start every single time and leaves it running constantly. There are times where he has to use the remote start 2-3 times because it times out before he actually tries to get in the car. Did I mention that he does this at 3 am and the car is essentially parked right outside my bedroom window? Even his parents hate the car. 

In some areas, running a car unattended is a fine... just saying. https://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2022/vat/title-7/article-33/1210/

Also, car is almost surely not within the legal noise limit. https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-signs-legislation-cracking-down-noisy-illegal-mufflers-and-exhaust-systems

47 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

I am complaining about @Spoonman and his GDTs.

Who does this guy think he is, Homer. The Iliad was shorter than his doggone GDTs! 

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Man, 26CornerBlitz (I think) used to write some novels for GDTs back in the day.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, MattPie said:

In some areas, running a car unattended is a fine... just saying. https://law.justia.com/codes/new-york/2022/vat/title-7/article-33/1210/

Also, car is almost surely not within the legal noise limit. https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/governor-hochul-signs-legislation-cracking-down-noisy-illegal-mufflers-and-exhaust-systems

Man, 26CornerBlitz (I think) used to write some novels for GDTs back in the day.

I, I have never heard of 26CornerBlitz, he sounds like a swell fella, but I am not him.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

signed, 

26Cor, er,

Not Me Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Spoonman, yeah, that’s the ticket.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Weave said:

I guess it’s my turn to say ***** cancer.

Close Family member diagnosed last week.  Wasn’t caught early, either.  Gonna be rough road.

Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Cancer has always and always will suck.

Edited by Sabres Fan in NS

My complaint for today....every once in a while early in the week I see/hear something that bothers me and I think, THAT is what I am going to put in the "complaint Thursday thread", but then it doesn't get unlocked that week.

Then the weeks it DOES get unlocked, I often don't have much to say or got over the thing I wanted to comlplain about the week it wasnt' unlocked.

I have complaints... but then the first complaints today were cancer and death.. now my complaints really don't seem like complaints.

F cancer... like.. let's just stop warring with each other and all agree to put science and budgets to better use..

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Watched the news about the shootings at the KC Parade.  I grew up in a rough and tough part of Buffalo and never experienced violence like we have today.  

We the people really need to fix this gun problem.   Our politicians wont do it.  

The prices of parts and labor for vehicle repairs is absurd. The posted labor rate at the West Herr in ROC is $150/hour. 

Add in a control arm at $545, another $180 on parts for oil gaskets (oil cooler gasket and upper & lower intake gaskets), an oil change, a tire rotation, a state inspection, an alignment, labor & tax…that is $1388.  

How do people afford this life?? Does everyone just make more money than me haha

• Agree 1

I’m watching Seven right now. My wife decides to walk in during the final scene and starts talking her head off. She’s so good at that, talking during the payoff of every single movie. 

Ok, maybe “talking her head off” wasn’t the best choice of words. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, shrader said:

I’m watching Seven right now. My wife decides to walk in during the final scene and starts talking her head off. She’s so good at that, talking during the payoff of every single movie. 

I was gonna sayyyyy

2 hours ago, shrader said:

You tube how to fix it yourself, I've learned a bunch that way. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Watch out guys angry chz is in the house.

It's official - Halifax has had the most snow ever this winter.  It's delightful.

Now we have a rainfall and wind warning for over-night Friday and into Saturday.  Followed by a deep freeze, which will turn all the water / slushie snow into solid ice.

That's just great.