The Weber hit?

deluca67

This hit deserves it's own thread. That was as good a hit as the two Campbell hits if not better. I'm ready to sign up for Weber and Sekera being the number one pairing next season and shipping "Flamingo" Tallinder and "Soft" Lydman out of here. I'm sick of watching those two letting opposing forwards of the hook when the kill shot is there.

sounds like it was sweet. I didn't get to see the game tonight but it should be on my tivo. can anyone tell me when it occurred in the game (or even better tell me if it's posted online anywhere)?

Go to NHL.com. it's the only hit in the highlight package. 3:34 of the 1st period to answer your question.

This hit deserves it's own thread. That was as good a hit as the two Campbell hits if not better. I'm ready to sign up for Weber and Sekera being the number one pairing next season and shipping "Flamingo" Tallinder and "Soft" Lydman out of here. I'm sick of watching those two letting opposing forwards of the hook when the kill shot is there.

Weber and Sekera have stepped their game up. I was not impressed with Sekera in his previous call ups but he is playing pretty, pretty, pretty good now. Team Give-away, Hank and Tony, just look like garbage. Is this a function of bad play or them going against the other teams number one line a majority of the time? I think it could be a mixture of both but Tony has played like crap all year. I am glad Buffalo has found a young pair of defensemen that could anchor the team for a few years.

I love those two kids. They are another bright spot for this team's future.

Tallinder and Lydman are very good players and I hope they are Sabres for a good long time. Yes, they make mistakes, but what NHL defenseman doesn't?

The team misses Spacek. He is really missed on the PP, if you ask me.

Weber and Sekera have stepped their game up. I was not impressed with Sekera in his previous call ups but he is playing pretty, pretty, pretty good now. Team Give-away, Hank and Tony, just look like garbage. Is this a function of bad play or them going against the other teams number one line a majority of the time? I think it could be a mixture of both but Tony has played like crap all year. I am glad Buffalo has found a young pair of defensemen that could anchor the team for a few years.

They draw the number 1 line, game-in, game-out..

I just looked at the hit on NHL.com. Weber looked like a Senator hitting a Sabre out there. I didn't see the game, did anyone get in his face afterward? Also, does that kid Brennan play a similar style to Weber? I thought I heard he was a stay at home defencemen.

For someone who preaches looking forward and not back, you spend a lot of time trying to rationalize away those who aren't here anymore.

1) It was a great hit

2) Weber and Sekera are not ready to be the top pair. If they go into next season "counting" on those two, they will again be taking the cheap way out.

Those two appear to have a bright future, but to talk as if its a lock is ignoring history.

Remember when everyone was praising Lydman and Tallinder as our top defensive pair?

I think there was also a time this year where most were praising MacArthur and wanting him up permanantly, now some think Kaleta needs to stay up and MacArthur can be let go

Now its Weber and Sekera that should be next years #1 defensive pair

Theres that ding again, someone elses Hot Pocket is ready

Remember when everyone was praising Lydman and Tallinder as our top defensive pair?

I think there was also a time this year where most were praising MacArthur and wanting him up permanantly, now some think Kaleta needs to stay up and MacArthur can be let go

Now its Weber and Sekera that should be next years #1 defensive pair

Theres that ding again, someone elses Hot Pocket is ready

Can I have mine served boiling lava hot?

I got a couple more

Remember when Connolly wasn't worth more then Peters in our minds?

Remember when Stafford was one of those "untouchable players" when it came to trades

Remember when they had to let Briere, Drury, and Campbell go because they need to be able to afford to re-sign their elite goalie Ryan Miller to whatever he wants?

Remember when we all thought the Spacek trade was a bust, and then it wasn't?

Wow, more Dings, and its not even close to lunchtime yet

I got a couple more

Remember when Connolly wasn't worth more then Peters in our minds?

Remember when Stafford was one of those "untouchable players" when it came to trades

Remember when they had to let Briere, Drury, and Campbell go because they need to be able to afford to re-sign their elite goalie Ryan Miller to whatever he wants?

Wow, more Dings, and its not even close to lunchtime yet

:lol:

Remember when you actually liked em ? :D

he delivered another less, spectacular hit towards the end of the 3rd that probably did not make the highlights. to me, it was the kind of check that normally does not get delivered, rather we just skate by, or throw a stick in the way. i forgot which senator it was, maybe volchenko or vermette, but he came around from behind the net and attempted a sorta wrap-around shot, and he did get off a weak-angle shot but he was also then run over by weber....i think those hits go a long way towards establishing a presence about opposition thinking twice about getting their noses dirty

They look good and all, but who exactly is going to play defense for this team next year if we get rid of Talinder and Lydman? I understand the thought that this blue line needs to be rebuilt, but good defensemen aren't exactly all over the place. If you want to go that route, we'll end up with Sekera-Weber and Spacek followed up with 4 Nolan Pratt's. I don't know about anyone else, but that has me terrified.

Now that one is news to me. No matter how hard I try, I can't remember what we had to give up in that "Spacek trade". :rolleyes:

Now that one is news to me. No matter how hard I try, I can't remember what we had to give up in that "Spacek trade". :rolleyes:

Not many thought the spacek trade was bad that i remember. I think we gave them Mika Norenen. We won that deal.

Down the road- top pairing. Right now? Sekera and Weber are "top 4" D-men in my view. They are certainly not a liability.

The first Ottawa goal, however, did come when the puck came to Weber in the offensive zone and he totally mishandled it, resulting in a 2-on-1. The pass never materialized and Miller let in what I thought was a pretty soft goal, but the play did start with Weber.

I'm willing to live with mistakes like that once in a while. I really like the way Weber and Sekera both jump into a rush when it's there. They both seem to know when to pinch (and the forwards are covering for them well right now). I know this is the official bash Lydman thread, but it seems Toni is pinching well offensively too. There are two secrets to a good pinch: 1. PINCH... don't wait for the puck to get to you. If you're going to pinch, rush up to the puck. 2. Know that the forward coming toward you is going to cover your back if the pinch is not successful. It seems that Weber, Sekera and Lydman are all getting it.

They look good and all, but who exactly is going to play defense for this team next year if we get rid of Talinder and Lydman? I understand the thought that this blue line needs to be rebuilt, but good defensemen aren't exactly all over the place. If you want to go that route, we'll end up with Sekera-Weber and Spacek followed up with 4 Nolan Pratt's. I don't know about anyone else, but that has me terrified.

I don't see us finding takers for both Lydman and Tallinder. They both have two years left on high price contracts and are coming off a less than stellar year. If we're lucky, we'll be able to get rid of one. If we can find just one top-4 defenseman to play with Spacek, then I think they would be ok:

Spacek-New Guy

Weber-Sekera

Tallinder-Pratt

Paetsch

Or something like that.

I don't see us finding takers for both Lydman and Tallinder. They both have two years left on high price contracts and are coming off a less than stellar year. If we're lucky, we'll be able to get rid of one. If we can find just one top-4 defenseman to play with Spacek, then I think they would be ok:

Spacek-New Guy

Weber-Sekera

Tallinder-Pratt

Paetsch

Or something like that.

you never mentioned Teppo. Didn't you hear? He's skating with the team again.

Archived