Vsevolod Komarov named QMJHL defender of the year

LGR4GM

Novikov-Komarov  could be a hell of a third pairing in a couple years.

Byram-Dahlin

Power- ?

Novikov- Komarov

Ryan Johnson

use assets like Muel, Joker, Clifton, young forward prospects to find that long term RHD partner for Power.  Or sign a Demelo or Roy this offseason. 

Edited by Flashsabre

One can hope that Komarov keeps developing and maybe he is ready to step in around the time Clifton's contract ends. He has the size potential you want but still has to add strength and muscle to that frame (like most kids). Time will tell. I suspect he will need a good couple years in Rochester at least though. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

One can hope that Komarov keeps developing and maybe he is ready to step in around the time Clifton's contract ends. He has the size potential you want but still has to add strength and muscle to that frame (like most kids). Time will tell. I suspect he will need a good couple years in Rochester at least though. 

Novikov is already what we hope Komorov becomes at least defensively.  I don’t know how offensive defenseman from the Q translate offensively.  Their defensive play is questionable at best.  It’s good to see another prospect doing well though. 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, inkman said:

Novikov is already what we hope Komorov becomes at least defensively.  I don’t know how offensive defenseman from the Q translate offensively.  Their defensive play is questionable at best.  It’s good to see another prospect doing well though. 

I'm liking what your saying here. I need to see defensive play standing out.

• Agree 1

So, this guy is 20 and he’s been in the W since 2021. Any idea why he wasn’t in Rochester this year (or right now)? I assume he’ll be there next year (but still have questions about this). 

7 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Byram-Dahlin

Power- ?

Novikov- Komarov

Ryan Johnson

use assets like Muel, Joker, Clifton, young forward prospects to find that long term RHD partner for Power.  Or sign a Demelo or Roy this offseason. 

When do you see this lineup?  Hopefully about 3 years away.  You’re not suggesting adding 2 more kids and trading vets.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, kas23 said:

So, this guy is 20 and he’s been in the W since 2021. Any idea why he wasn’t in Rochester this year (or right now)? I assume he’ll be there next year (but still have questions about this). 

He wasn't eligible. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Flashsabre said:

Byram-Dahlin

Power- ?

Novikov- Komarov

Ryan Johnson

I think you're getting yourself caught up in some Russian pairing fantasy here. I'm glad we are starting to see defensive prospects in the system that show promise in one way or another but it would be pure folly to move veteran D men out to make room for more rookie D men in. A D like you are proposing here would be a sure sign that we are nothing but a farm team for the league. 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

I think you're getting yourself caught up in some Russian pairing fantasy here. I'm glad we are starting to see defensive prospects in the system that show promise in one way or another but it would be pure folly to move veteran D men out to make room for more rookie D men in. A D like you are proposing here would be a sure sign that we are nothing but a farm team for the league. 

“In a couple years” is literally in the first sentence

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Flashsabre said:

“In a couple years” is literally in the first sentence

I know. If you are thinking 2 as a couple it's way off. If you mean 4-5 then it is possible. Myself I'm not sure what happens with Byram though. I'm not sure he's what some people think he is and I don't see a Byram-Dahlin pairing working long term but we shall see, Biggest question for me on D this year is do we keep Muel and can he play and stay healthy? 

• Agree 1