Rod Brind’Amour is all but signed

inkman

30 minutes ago, inkman said:

I swear to god if this dude hits the open market and we saddled ourselves with coach of Christmas past, I’m going to have to leave the internet.  This place, Twitter and any other god forsaken place will be unbearable. 

I want this guy to hit the open market so the limitations of what a coach actually does can be exposed. Dude is the most overhyped asset in the NHL I all but guarantee it - bookmark this post 

The concept of Rod Brindamour   

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

IF he became available and actually wanted to come here then you just bump Lindy upstairs where he will be in a couple years anyways.

No, you tell him, “No thanks. I’ll have a Minotaur.” 

50 minutes ago, Thorny said:

I want this guy to hit the open market so the limitations of what a coach actually does can be exposed. Dude is the most overhyped asset in the NHL I all but guarantee it - bookmark this post 

One advantage Lindy Ruff has is his ability to adapt his systems to the players he has. Rod isn’t the best at doing so 

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

IF he became available and actually wanted to come here then you just bump Lindy upstairs where he will be in a couple years anyways.

I’ll die a thousands deaths before anything like this ever happens. 

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

Homer Simpson Animation GIF by FOX TV

52 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

It's the wife that makes the decision. 

And she ain't picking Buffalo

I don’t doubt this is true, but to say someone prefers Raleigh-Durham to Buffalo is kind of funny. I mean, neither are glamorous places by any stretch of the imagination, but I guess weather and taxes win out. 

15 hours ago, kas23 said:

I don’t doubt this is true, but to say someone prefers Raleigh-Durham to Buffalo is kind of funny. I mean, neither are glamorous places by any stretch of the imagination, but I guess weather and taxes win out. 

Have you been to Raleigh in the last decade? I can easily see how someone would prefer Raleigh to Buffalo.

1 hour ago, RochesterExpat said:

Have you been to Raleigh in the last decade? I can easily see how someone would prefer Raleigh to Buffalo.

Get the hell out of here during the summer though (hey, perfect for a hockey guy). Oh, and avoid that Durham half of the equation by any means necessary. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, inkman said:

I swear to god if this dude hits the open market and we saddled ourselves with coach of Christmas past, I’m going to have to leave the internet.  This place, Twitter and any other god forsaken place will be unbearable. 

Have you started smoking again or not?  Just curious which state of mind you are in posting creativity like the bolded.  That's an absolute classic. I think my brain will now autocorrect Lindy Ruff to "Coach of Christmas Past". Absolutely dy-no-mite.

Edited by LTS
  • Like (+1) 1

“Brind'Amour married Amy Biedenbach, the daughter of former North Carolina State University basketball standout and former UNC Asheville men's basketball coach, Eddie Biedenbach. The couple have one son together.”

She’s a Carolinian.  

Just outstanding.

Say we waited for Rod and the Canes go very deep into the playoffs. Meanwhile Ruff and several other prime candidates get scooped up. Then at the last second Brind'amour resigns with Carolina. How do you envision we blame Adams for botching the coaching search?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Say we waited for Rod and the Canes go very deep into the playoffs. Meanwhile Ruff and several other prime candidates get scooped up. Then at the last second Brind'amour resigns with Carolina. How do you envision we blame Adams for botching the coaching search?

I honestly didn’t really care who they got to coach as long as it wasn’t a noob.  These guys can all do the job, who knows who is actually the right fit. I just don’t want all access points I have to the interwebs to be flooded with Rod the Bod nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Nitpick alert: Resigns means that he is leaving. 

Edited by shrader
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

It would suck if the Sabres pulled the trigger too early on Lindy, and Rod ends up in Toronto.

If either party was interested which it doesn’t seem like it 

4 hours ago, RochesterExpat said:

I have not in fact. Last time I was there must’ve been close to 20 years ago. May check it out. Would’ve hoped the same could be said of Buffalo, which definitely has changed, but at a much slower clip. Either way, I live in a DC suburb now, so look down at most other places (but still don’t like living here!)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I wonder if the Seattle firing got the Canes upper management worrying. 

i think it is all just posturing by both sides. gain a half mill here...lose a quarter mill there...I never thought he was really leaving. And both sides have a right to play hardball up until the last minute. 

3 hours ago, inkman said:

I honestly didn’t really care who they got to coach as long as it wasn’t a noob.  These guys can all do the job, who knows who is actually the right fit. I just don’t want all access points I have to the interwebs to be flooded with Rod the Bod nonsense. 

Rod Brindaless, is more. amirite?

Edited by Thorny