Why aren't they calling up the kids?

Buffalonill

Why? 

Rochester is trying to make a run. 

I am not sure a couple games getting their butt kicked without real life NHL talent and leadership around them is any good. Experience for the sake of experience without the proper structure/support doesn't make a lot of sense. If there was a strong vet presence or a decent group of really quality NHL play then sure bring them up and let them have a go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

It's for their own good.  Shield them from the cluster-f*ck that we know as the Buffalo Sabres.  Next season, GMKA and HCDG will waste the entire pre-season looking at the kids (instead of getting the full team ready to play) leading to a slow start again for the Sabres, causing them to miss the playoffs for a 14th season.

Edited by Carmel Corn
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

***** that.
Ice the best team we can.  Keep trying to win.  Develop kids in Rochester, not up here.

Honestly what's the point? The downside we keep everyone 

I would rather lose every game and hope changes be made in the offseason. 

I just can't stomach another year of this

• Agree 2

Also worth noting, no one is exactly breaking down the door pushing themselves into the lineup.  Kulich and Rosen have been MIA the last half of the season, Neuchev and Novikov are in the next group and may be closer to Buffalo than the aforementioned.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Also worth noting, no one is exactly breaking down the door pushing themselves into the lineup.  Kulich and Rosen have been MIA the last half of the season, Neuchev and Novikov are in the next group and may be closer to Buffalo than the aforementioned.  

Kulich actually looks like he’s regressed; not impressive at all. He looks slower, weaker, less in command on the ice. Perhaps it’s lingering effects from whatever injury he sustained earlier, but he’s not the same player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Kulich actually looks like he’s regressed; not impressive at all. He looks slower, weaker, less in command on the ice. Perhaps it’s lingering effects from whatever injury he sustained earlier, but he’s not the same player.

He was concussed for sure.  It’s affecting him.  But he also was slumping before the injury.  After he got back from World Juniors, he went scoreless in quite a few games before the concussion.  

2 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

At this point it's time to bench the Vets and bring up the kids to see what they have .

Sink or swim time buffalo has nothing to lose 

The Sabres are not mathematically eliminated.  

They can still run the table and make it.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

Honestly what's the point? The downside we keep everyone 

I would rather lose every game and hope changes be made in the offseason. 

I just can't stomach another year of this

Expectations of winning needs to start some time.  Keep kicking the can down the road and we’ll never have expectations of winning.

As far as I am concerned every player should be playing for their jobs right now, and developing kids on the big team doesn’t allow that.

• Agree 1

The Sabres while still mathematically alive are clearly not going to make the playoffs.  Facing facts, they should be tanking to get the best draft position possible.  And based on the third period against Edmonton, it looks like the Sabres got that memo.

It would be better not to bring any Rochester players up so they're not in the locker room while this is going on.  Toxicity is contagious.

• Disagree 1
  • dislike 2

2 minutes ago, Alaska John said:

The Sabres while still mathematically alive are clearly not going to make the playoffs.  Facing facts, they should be tanking to get the best draft position possible.  And based on the third period against Edmonton, it looks like the Sabres got that memo.

It would be better not to bring any Rochester players up so they're not in the locker room while this is going on.  Toxicity is contagious.

When will this notion just go away? 

41 minutes ago, Weave said:

Expectations of winning needs to start some time.  Keep kicking the can down the road and we’ll never have expectations of winning.

As far as I am concerned every player should be playing for their jobs right now, and developing kids on the big team doesn’t allow that.

Thank you.  

I don't want to watch kids like Rosen and Kulich get outmatched by NHL players trying to get their teams into the playoffs.  They should be getting the Amerks into their playoffs

Winning Culture means try to win every game all the time.  

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Alaska John said:

So you want them to tank without bringing up players from Rochester?  So you want the coaches to tell them to lay down?

Great way to not build a winning culture.  For what?  Another draft choice that is 3-4 years away, maybe.  

42 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Another reason is Kulich’s ELC can slide this year if he doesn’t reach a certain number of NHL Games this season 

This, and he is not playing good enough to get NHL ice.  

4 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

At this point it's time to bench the Vets and bring up the kids to see what they have .

Have we ever gained useful information in 13 years of doing this? What did we “learn” from our 8-2 stretch or whatever to end last year? That Levi was ready? That the squad was deserving of being run back? It’s a meaningless sample size to draw from and you glean even less where prospects are concerned. They are playing out the string just to play out the string. Even before the math got too much for me you could see this was the case with the players just read Tuch’s comments about how he knows we’ll get there eventually 

He wasn’t talking about amounting to anything this season. They’ll ride it out 

3 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

It's for their own good.  Shield them from the cluster-f*ck that we know as the Buffalo Sabres.  Next season, GMKA and HCDG will waste the entire pre-season looking at the kids (instead of getting the full team ready to play) leading to a slow start again for the Sabres, causing them to miss the playoffs for a 14th season.

dont you put that evil on me GIF

There is simply ZERO point to bringing up “the kids.” Zip, nada, zilch. They can’t gain anything meaningful playing meaningless games on a team of guys who have mailed it in and are just riding out the stretch at this point. If anything, it’s a reason NOT to bring them up.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, K-9 said:

Well, All I’ll say about that is they are currently not ready….

They are learning how to play a two-way game just like the young Sabres!

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alaska John said:

No tanks.

To quote Torts again "tanking is asinine". You don't build a culture of winning by trying to lose for better draft odds.

No reason to bring anybody up though. Nobody's ready and they might as well let Rochester have whatever kind of run they can have (although I doubt it's much). 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alaska John said:

No way, I’ve learned my lesson in spades about purposeful tanking. Never again.

Hopefully we go on a little run, pick around 10 or 11 and use it to acquire a player in a trade. 

If we magically win 1 or 2 great, but most likely we’d have a nice trade chip 

21 hours ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm for the Sabres doing the opposite of most things you say.

• Haha (+1) 2