So we tank out the rest of this year??

1 minute ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

We have zero chance at playoffs. Our offense is joke. We are lhd central. How many spots can we realistically drop??

8 looks like a sweet spot, looking at the teams around us. We aren’t tanking, but no there’s not much to watch for. I don’t think success here really would mean anything as far as next season goes (as we saw last)

Still, I expect them to keep fighting and would expect nothing less. You don’t back down from the expectation to win once it’s installed 

I don't foresee any of the teams below us catching us at this point, and don't see us passing anyone above us.  Pick #8 it is unless we miraculously win the lottery.  Not gonna matter much with how we draft.  Incoming will be another severely undersized forward that will need 6 years of seasoning at the NHL level, and by then will be shipped off to another club.  Rinse, repeat.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Thorny said:

8 looks like a sweet spot, looking at the teams around us. We aren’t tanking, but no there’s not much to watch for. I don’t think success here really would mean anything as far as next season goes (as we saw last)

Still, I expect them to keep fighting and would expect nothing less. You don’t back down from the expectation to win once it’s installed 

8 seems to be perpetually our number.  To me it's ironic because it is the shape of a demolition derby track, which is exactly what Buffalo is, a continual wrecking mess.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

8 seems to be perpetually our number.  To me it's ironic because it is the shape of a demolition derby track, which is exactly what Buffalo is, a continual wrecking mess.

Well done 

Golf clap

3 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

So we'll be drafting another Casey Mittelstadt.

Or another Jack Quinn aka Mark Stone 

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

What have they been doing since October?

Tanking is a point of view, Antipin 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

HCDG as Pinky: What will we do for the rest of the season, Brain?

GMKA as Brain: What we try to do at the end of every season -- draft 8th.

Edited by Marvin
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We are 5 & 8 points ahead of the next two teams behind us. It'd take a hell of a lot of losing for those team to make up that kind of ground on us, so there's no point in "tanking".

On the flip side, only 4 points separate us and 7 other teams. A meaningless late season surge could bump us from 8 down a few numbers and since we've suffered so much this season I'd rather have a top 10 pick.

That being said, I hope that pick is traded for some immediate help. I am so sick of waiting for draft picks to develop and save this franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

We aren't tanking but I imagine the mood on the team will be down and they will just be playing out the season with minimal efforts. RFAs will probably give a damn playing for contracts. The losing culture gets deeper entrenched. Vacation plans are probably already in the making. 

I personally don't care about the draft one iota. 

3 hours ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

We have zero chance at playoffs. Our offense is joke. We are lhd central. How many spots can we realistically drop??

No.  You play to win if you want to establish a winning culture.    Sending professional athletes out to purposely lose is part of why we are in this mess. 

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

We aren't tanking but I imagine the mood on the team will be down and they will just be playing out the season with minimal efforts. RFAs will probably give a damn playing for contracts. The losing culture gets deeper entrenched. Vacation plans are probably already in the making. 

I personally don't care about the draft one iota. 

I always used to care about the draft. If you knew you weren't going to make the playoffs, they why NOT lose a couple more games to get a higher pick, right?

I'm not there anymore though, They draft 4th, 7th, 9th?  This year it just doesn't really matter much to me and I don't care.

• Like (+1) 2